Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Way to Clean Out Mods?

I was trying to think of the best way to clean up my almost 30Gs of mods, and I'm thinking the tray file editor might be my best bet... being that I save out all my sims I play, and put all their CC that the tray editor finds into a separate folder. Anything that doesn't make the cut is gone forever.

This seems really tedious however, so I'm wondering if anyone else knows a good way, or another tool that can make this happen?

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Tray importer is probably your best bet. The other option would be to look at each item individually with Sims 4 Studio and while you can delete the item directly from the program, it can be tedious with that many files.
  • Teh_CheshireTeh_Cheshire Posts: 17 Member
    I second Bananas_45's suggestion for the Tray Importer - I have found its actually incredibly useful for tracking down those rogue random broken CC pieces that give you no hint by icon placement or maybe a glimpse if you moved between swatches of what it was supposed to be.

I have a test family set up at the very beginning of play with no game time in a decent sized home so I can try out any CC I might be struggling with. I've noticed though it tends to be hair that is missing a mesh and buy items missing footprints somehow.