Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic Gameplay

aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
has anyone had a normal, suburban, "Willow Creek" couple/family but had one of the parents be a spellcaster? I was thinking of doing something like that...a Stepford Wife type who's a witch. Like the TV show Bewitched! Will be kind of annoying to constantly go to Glimmerbrook to go to the portal I imagine. But I like the idea of a typical housewife having a secret life. :smile:

Comments

• FunnyCidesFunnyCides Posts: 107 Member
    You get a stone in your inventory that you can use to instantly go to the Magical Realm. It has a fairly long cool down timer but then later you can learn a spell that takes you there. :)

I love Bewitched! I say go for it!
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    FunnyCides wrote: »
    You get a stone in your inventory that you can use to instantly go to the Magical Realm. It has a fairly long cool down timer but then later you can learn a spell that takes you there. :)

oooh, i didn't know that! thanks!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm playing a family like that. The wife is a spellcaster and her goal is to discover the ressurection potion and live from ressurecting sims of families that require that (i play rotationally so i can have the other families 'ask' her to resurect the deceased and cheat the payment in and out).

While she tries to find that potion with the cauldron she has found other random potions. She uses those on her husband who is a scholar and really benefits from it. He's studying at uni and working.

She also takes care of her twin kids.
    She has a locked basement where she has the cauldron and other witchy cluter hidden from visits.
    edited July 2020
    Is spellcasting genetic for when they have kids? I only played with this pack shortly when the game first came out and didn't finish so I never really explored it.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think there's a Magical Bloodline trait that children of spellcasters can receive at birth. I think it's 100% if both parents are spellcasters, and 50% if only 1 parent is. But I'm not sure about the percentage thing.

I've just recently started getting into RoM gameplay; I have a save where one partner in a couple is a spellcaster, and her wife is a vampire, so I'll have to make sure and concentrate on both of them for development because I want to upload them to the Gallery once I feel they're far enough along.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    I started new family recently
    my female sim is spellcaster and her husband is normal sim
    they got twins so one of the twins is spellcaster and other is not
    but both have "weak bloodline" trait from being spellcasters kid

you can pretty much just visit magic realm few times and do rest of magic things home but it will take much longer to not take advantage of sages

+you may need to take up some serious gardening and collecting for the ingredients
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • FunnyCidesFunnyCides Posts: 107 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    FunnyCides wrote: »

oooh, i didn't know that! thanks!

You're welcome! :)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

you can pretty much just visit magic realm few times and do rest of magic things home but it will take much longer to not take advantage of sages

+you may need to take up some serious gardening and collecting for the ingredients

I didn't know about the "weak bloodline" -- that's kind of cool.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

oh good to know about the gardening so I have room for that in the yard! What do spellcasters need to garden? (just wondering how much space I'll need for this)
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I think there's a Magical Bloodline trait that children of spellcasters can receive at birth. I think it's 100% if both parents are spellcasters, and 50% if only 1 parent is. But I'm not sure about the percentage thing.

I've just recently started getting into RoM gameplay; I have a save where one partner in a couple is a spellcaster, and her wife is a vampire, so I'll have to make sure and concentrate on both of them for development because I want to upload them to the Gallery once I feel they're far enough along.
    Just to let you know, Spellcasters will keep rank and perks I believe, but lose potions and spells learned when placed from the library or gallery. It’s reported here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ROM-Spellcaster-forget-spell-when-saved-in-the-library/td-p/8211628
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited July 2020
    Is spellcasting genetic for when they have kids? I only played with this pack shortly when the game first came out and didn't finish so I never really explored it.

There are the weak, strong and ancient bloodlines. The kids will get the strongest bloodline. It means that if you pair a weak bloodline Spellcaster with an ancient bloodline Spellcaster the kid will have the ancient bloodline.

The stronger the bloodline the easier it is to rank and get perks. It's also harder to fail and be cursed.

In my case my sim only became a spellcaster when she was pregnant. So the kids aren't spellcasters. I guess because in the moment of conception she wasn't a spellcaster...
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    I have done a little opposite from other's here I started with a normal sim who ended up falling for Darrell Charm who at first tried to keep his spellcasting as a secret but she eventually found out and wanted to learn spellcasting herself. They are now married raising twins daughters who both have the ancient bloodline. Their also building up a shop where sims can buy all things spellcasting wands, brooms, potions/ingredients.

They both know all spells and potions so i'm looking forward to playing their daughters as one has the evil trait and the other has the good trait shall be a fun generation when i get there :D .
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited July 2020
    Said Glimmerstone is automatically in your inventory upon making a Caster in CAS or through the Rite and the spell to teleport without it is max level.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

oh good to know about the gardening so I have room for that in the yard! What do spellcasters need to garden? (just wondering how much space I'll need for this)

Hmm... my little budding spellcaster has not learned all the potions-recepies yet so I am not sure. Mandrake and the other ROM-specific one. Basil and more. For regular plants you can try to just buy regular seed-packs.
    Sounds like a fun story to play with just a little occult on the side :)
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    potion & ingredients list

1, Potion of Good Fortune - turquoise + valerian root

2, Potion of Plentiful Needs - apple

3, Potion of Nausea - mandrake + dirt frog

4, Potion of Nimble Mind (last 4 hours)- parsley + spotted dirt frog

5, Potion of Magical Aura - emerald + goldfish

6, Potion of Alluring Aura - spotted heart frog + valerian root

7, Potion of Emotional Stability - obtainium + potato

8, Potion of Perk Purging - mandrake + valerian root

9, Potion of Forced Friendship - baconite, potato + salmon

10, Potion of Masterful Insults - fire opal, dragon fruit + furium

11, Potion of Rejuvenation - valerian root, alabaster + lemon

12, Potion of Curse Cleansing - apple, citrine, angelfish + mandrake

13, Potion of Immortality - mandrake, sage, morcubus + diamond

14, Potion of Transcendent Charmer - ruby, kissing gourami + rose

15, Potion of Prompt Resurrection (lasts 24 hours) - death metal, death flower + zombie carl

:)

54b9c33a0e0ffd04750459cf3f96cb7e5339d0dc.png

The fishes and things that you need can be bought in the magical realm in on of the little stores. They might not have the specific fish you want that day but if you stock up on things you don't have to collect out in the wilds unless you like it.

Also, those little stores can be found in build&buy if you use the cheats

bb.showhiddenobjects

bb.showliveeditobjects

Filter for packs and Realm of Magic. Then you will just have to scroll until you find them.

Then you could place these little shops in say a hidden room in a park or some other benign community lot. Your sim could keep their spellcaster-identity under wraps and doesn't even have to travel to the realm in order to buy stuff. They have a local supplier.

(I haven't placed these particular shops on a lot myself, because I enjoy the realm but every other shop that I have placed this way has worked)