Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your game style?

What is your game style on Sims 4? Is it serious "business" for you? Is it fun and light-hearted for you? Or maybe something in between?

What is your game style? 220 votes

My game is very serious and I get upset and I like to complain if everything isn't going the way I want.
1%
Wintermutefruitsbasket101Lustianicia 3 votes
My game is very serious and I don't like anything wacky or quirky in the game, because they make the game childish.
1%
Pipersfun2BabykittyjadeRhain420 3 votes
My game is very serious and I'm a drill sergeant. My Sims won't do anything I don't want them to. I control everything.
11%
Kita5399alexspoom13aprilroseIsb917Paigeisin5KennziKaigeAlwe1507ChampandGirlieGracieO312ThenyoukissmeCAPTAIN_NXR7EnkiSchmidtMDianaSimsashleyrosey06TamakiSakura84snarklesbirdonawireEA_LeelooEvie0602thenameslynith13 25 votes
My game is very serious. I hate pets and toddlers, they are so needy... but I also want realistic game play.
2%
AquariusMomFloridaSimmerCrazyNinjaSayNoToGnomeslthshi 5 votes
My game is serious and my Sims are very serious too. They aren't allowed to smile. There's a mod for that.
0%
dreamprisonerzefron 2 votes
My game is serious. I delete all the premades and townies. My Sims are all supermodels.
2%
Colorist40lisamwittasimbsimOnverserSimsSlaym4rta1985 6 votes
My game is fun. I enjoy it and I don't take it too seriously.
40%
Akl500PTootsyim1IceyJSikoahGraceJueJueCamkatMi9shaoscarSimburianjoelygirlsims2Lavasm77elemmeleMeteoraStormAuroraBoreallisThunderbat87wickichickhaneulMariefoxprice83simgirl1010freindlylolfriendlysimmers 88 votes
My game is very much fun. I love it, even the eyeball ring and ridiculously dressed townies. They make me smile.
14%
crocobaurabshag4lvwinkeljohn78SamadamsPlayerLadyInBlackfranka44021Montrase102TheSpotted_CWyrrenMindofypajamajam07ernesdotroshalomfoxybillysimmer4life3beautimousBearpal64xMarianxPamtastic72ThePinkBookGirl 31 votes
My game is wacky. Bring on the flying pigs and tap dancing kangaroos. I need them in my game.
12%
PlayerSinger2010StrangerthanPurpleThistlesduhboy2u2KhrisstynephantasmkissFoxrox77Girklsillyangel0906PsychoSimXXScobreGecko420FlapSheepilingWolfiumInuMiroLovernerdfashionBecka28RouensimsSimmingal 27 votes
Other... please explain. :)
13%
auroraael14GalacticGalsketchesCynnaKatAnubisg01denswanLizzychicagoashcrash19peterskywalkertaydevWolfNateSindocatgnelso1239FamilyFriendKarababy52MissyScabtreeSo_MoneyAncaryvanStrawberryYogurtLosaruTaiyo 30 votes

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited July 2020
    My game is wacky. Bring on the flying pigs and tap dancing kangaroos. I need them in my game.
    I mean I play autonomy off so in that sense id be annoyed if my sims did things i didnt tell them to do (yellow option) and i do think certain things should be realistic

but I also love occult and weird things in my game and would never play without them

controlled fun and weirdness? i guess?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    My game is serious. I delete all the premades and townies. My Sims are all supermodels.
    My Sims AREN'T all supermodels. But I picked this one because I did delete all the premades and replace them with copies of Sims from Sims 2. And I delete some of the randomly generated townies every time I play.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited July 2020
    My game is very serious and I'm a drill sergeant. My Sims won't do anything I don't want them to. I control everything.
    I'm very controling, very story focused and if a chance card or a sim break character that's a crime done by EA to my freedom of expression.
    My stories also deal with serious issues like slavery, but on the other hand on my blog I tend to go for quick jokes that invalidate the whole dysotopian setting and I also include aliens, Strangerville and the eyeball-ring.
    But I could drop the goofyness if I wanted and go full serious, whereas I would never willingly give up my controling playstyle.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I add whatever i feel in the moment, be it occults, money trees, cowplants... I control my played sim and meanwhile leave the others to their will. I have a story in my mind but i embrace unexpected events and change my story accordingly.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I have autonomy off, so I guess I'm a little bit of the Drill Seargent, but if I'm not playing with some war between the Vampires and the Spellcasters (no werewolves, so I have yet to recreate Twilight, but someday) then what am I doing? In fact, I have a save with the only sims I've ever become attached too ever, and I have a whole storyline in mind for my current main sims son. Won't go into details here, it's rather long, but I'm really excited for him to become a Young Adult.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    My game is very much fun. I love it, even the eyeball ring and ridiculously dressed townies. They make me smile.
    I like a lot of stuff in the game. I like funny, quirky, wacky things and townies that wear "unique" clothes and accessories. I don't take the game too seriously. I love playing regular families, but I also love occults. My games are never completely realistic even if I play with a non-occult family.
    My answer could've been any of the non-serious category.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2020
    My game is very serious and I don't like anything wacky or quirky in the game, because they make the game childish.
    I fall into several of these serious categories. I am definitely the drill Sargent but most of all I hate wacky comical stuff. I don't even watch comedy movies. I want my sims to be serious, take life seriously,walk seriously and behave seriously without those joker smiles. Especially since I'm always giving them a hard life but they keep smiling 😅😅.
    On the other hand I know it's just a silly game so I don't take the wacky stuff to serious and just enjoy it for what it is. I've had my fair share of laughter over stuff like the trashplant and the gnome popping up in photos. That kind of stuff is fun.
    What I don't like is stuff like wacky walk styles, wacky movements and behaviors, I hate the way they fall on the floor with the bum sticking in the air lol. I wanna scream just fall like normal!!! 🙊 especially since I enjoy tragic hard life story lines. It messes things up.

Oh and all of my sims are super models. It's the requirement to live in the town lol 😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited July 2020
    I’M THE CAPTAIN OF THIS WACKY SHIP!
    My sim crew can sing and dance and play the fiddle in their own sweet time but when I say all hens on deck I mean ALL HENS ON DECK!
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm closest to this. My gameplay is serious but I enjoy it. I manage a complicated rotation but I find it to be very fun.

I do like managing what my sims do instead of just watching them with autonomy on. I have a bunch of characters in a multi-generational legacy rotation. At this point, I wouldn't really want to start the save over because I'm attached to the characters and the next generation. I'm largely out of playing with most pre-mades with possible exceptions for anyone new. I'll check them out and decide if or how they fit into my game.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • FunnyCidesFunnyCides Posts: 107 Member
    While I don't take the game overly serious, although I do like a sense of realism, and there are things I do get very serious about. One of them being them autonomously flirting with other Sims when they are married. I get very upset at this when in my mind and story they are a very happily married couple, so it really breaks character. I have been known to off the offenders and it's a habit I'm trying to break. Another thing that really will irritate me is my Sims always trolling the forums or doing mean interactions autonomously. Sometimes I will roll with the mean ones depending on who the other Sim is but when it's family members that they are BFF's with, it irks me. I swear my Sims do those things to troll me since I won't buy them a bee box or a 1x1 pool.

On the other hand, I love playing with aliens and spellcasters. I have even had a Sim marry Father Winter so her daughter would have a 'dad' in her life (hey he was calling the mom all the time anyway). I try not to think about that one too much since the girl's mom was a young adult at the time. heh. I do get a kick out of some of the townie's 'fashion' and I only change the looks of the ones that are friends with my Sims or to be significant others if the clothing is really far out there.

I also enjoy leaving autonomy on 95% of the time just to see what my Sims will get up to and of course, that other 5% is when they choose to troll me and act 'out of character.'
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I play it to have fun, so it seems odd to have picked much else. I also do really love the "wacky" and supernatural elements. It may be a life sim, but it is still a game and the light hearted elements are a big part of what makes it fun for me (which has been there since the beginning, I have played since Sims 1).

The second thing that makes it fun is control. Hands down the number one reason life sims are fun. In that respect, I am a total control freak with the Sims in my posession. Not so much with anything outside the household unless I made and played them, too. *shrug* I have always been that way, but the pixel dolls in the 4th iteration need it as much as the ones in the 1st.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I don't take the game too seriously and I always have autonomy on and let them do their own things. Sometimes I take control. There are things I don't like though... like the bugs. The game I paid for should work! Some bugs aren't as annoying though and I can overlook them or even incorporate them if it amuses me, (like when a sim female pee'd fire and since she was a sitter... it lit her on fire and she died).

I am a bit of a control freak in this current save... I deleted all the lots and all the sims and I've rebuilt most all the worlds now and made most my own sims (I did find a few on the gallery). That's where the control ends though. The game is spawning townies now, that's ok, but I make sure to keep their numbers down so my own don't get deleted.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    My game is usually interesting. It's like a big puzzle.

Why do seeds disappear but reappear the next morning? Why is basil involved in so many Last Exceptions pertaining to Sims inventories?

I replace most of the premades because I have no interest in their "stories" or their contrived traits and aspirations. I've always wondered why someone decided that Cassandra would be gloomy and creative but Malcolm would be an evil snob? Why not the other way around? Why did someone decide that Luna would be romantic and childish? Why not make Luna erratic, like her father? Why did someone decide to make Morgan good and outgoing, Sophia a cheerful music lover, and Yuki a loner geek? Why did someone decide that Wolfgang would be gloomy and mean and Hugo would be a loner and a foodie? And then there's Duane Talla out in Sulani who's an orphan but he somehow got two decent traits. Why are female teens "prettier" than their male counterparts? They usually have beady eyes, noodle arms, and weird waistlines though. And then there are the young adult premades who were all set up in much the same way as the teens.

It's kind of fun sometimes to look at the traits of the premades and then mix them up to balance them out. Someone did a gender switch of premades which was pretty interesting. I found those Sims to be way more interesting than the constructs that ship with the game and expansions.

All in all, I don't take the game too seriously. If a save breaks then I start another one.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I guess for me it depends on my mood. I do tell stories and they can be serious, but I go with the flow. For example, I have some sims that have applied for university. I could use mods to accelerate it all and get right to the story, but then the family dog took sick. And as for passing or failing, that is up to my sims for the most part. I would say I am like a river: Go with the flow and see what happens. And that includes all the craziness of the townies, magic, and whatever else I got for my game.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I'm a bit of a mixture. My game is serious (sort of) but I keep a tight reign (mostly) on my Sims. I play with autonomy on, always. And I do get annoyed when my Sims don't do what they're told (queued up) to do. I see to their needs, I attend to their wishes, I work hard to give them a great life. All I ask for in return is for them to entertain me and to things my way. :p I love the quirky nature of the game and it's a great deal of fun when something unexpected happens, yet that lends itself to a great gaming moment. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I must control everything for the most part, but don’t mind the unexpected occasionally. I wouldn’t call it serious, but I do makeover all the Sims (townies are regularly made over or deleted), place my own lots, and control all the relationships in each save.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Depends on the save I am playing. My decades save is staying true to the era I play as much as I possibly can. My other saves can have quirky things happen, but I don't purposely play that way.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2020
    I do use a mod to stop the endless smiling tho. :D
  • foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    I do chuckle watching the disorganised townies in their weird clothes and mac makeup and i do play for fun - but i am the boss, the autonomy is off (always!!) they do as i say and thats about as serious as it gets!!
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2020
    I try to keep my game semi-realistic and I seek out mods to help me achieve this. I don’t mind vampires from a storytelling perspective, but that’s as far as I go into the fantastical. A lot of my time is spent planning out characters so I suppose I’m pretty serious in that respect.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited July 2020
    I want all the flying jackalopes and tap-dancing squirrel-men in my game, AND I want them to do exactly what I tell them to do! And I’m very serious about it! :D
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Supernatural occults, tragic clowns, llamas, gnomes, and freezer bunnies everywhere! I love the silly things that makes The Sims iconic.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    The way the answers are written lol ; if you like all your sims to look a certain way or behave a certain way I don't think you're a serious player and don't like to have fun? Like it's not fun for you if it's not to your liking. Maybe I end up being the serious player? lol

I like it to be realistic but I like some goofy elements. I don't play with occults (aliens only).
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Simply put, I am a free roaming ASMR base player. :lol:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I'm a combination of more than one of those options. While I'm a micromanager and my Sims don't do anything without my say so, it's more fun than serious for me. I like to play realistic and I like to play with occults. I like to play challenges, but I like to play just for funsies to see what happens too. I have a lot of Sims that could be called Supermodels, but I also have Sims that are just your regular, everyday Sims of all shapes, sizes, colors, etc. My game is fun, I love it, but I DON'T like the eyeball ring and the wacky get-ups townies wear. They either get a make-over or outright deleted.

I had to choose 'other' because my playstyle really can't be defined by simply checking a box of one choice over another. I like to play it all! Except mean/evil Sims. I won't play them and I won't let my married Sims cheat on each other, hence the micromanager aspect. I am such a micromanager, I dislike how 'no autonomy' has been coded in this game. It really ISN'T 'no autonomy,' it's more like 75% no autonomy and 25% autonomy.

My Sims should NOT be running off to talk to other Sims without my say so, my Sims should NOT be choosing their own chat topics, my Sims should NOT be running to the shower/bathroom/bed when those needs are low. Maybe I want them to be stinky, pee their pants or pass out. But nope, the game thinks it has to hold my Sims hands, hold MY hand and help my poor wittle Sims without my say so! GAH!

Okay, maybe I'm more of a Drill Sergeant than I thought... o.O

BTW @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Your comment made me laugh! "all hens on deck" ?? Did you perhaps mean 'hands on deck'? Or are your deck hands all females? :D