Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Invisible Trash?

The household I’m playing right now seems to have some invisible trash at the front entrance of their house. Every one who visits does the the “trash rant” before they knock. I’ve tried clicking in the area, there is a rug there so I tried moving the rug, replaced the rug, I even bought the auto vacuum hoping that would do it. Visitors are the only ones who notice it. My household is oblivious to it when they are around the area. It’s starting to annoy me. One even has the neat trait. Has anyone else had this happen and if so can you tell me how to find this invisible trash everyone sees but my household? I’m no newbie to this game but this has me stumped.

Ps. I don’t have EL so that’s not a factor.

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Perhaps a child started a mess there and was interrupted? That causes invisible trash.
  • Options
    SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    Good suggestion but there are no children or toddlers in the household. They are all YAs.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited July 2020
    I had this problem after the patch for Eco Living. A house with a 'normal' trash bin outside was always stinky and causing reactions since then. So what I did to solve that was buy a new one in build mode and delete (sell) the trashy one. (Pardon the pun) ;)

@Sadiesue I don't have EL either.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    @Admiral8Q I don’t think I have a trash can out there but I will check. I try anything. Thank you.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Sims react negatively for no reason. They complain at everything even taking care of the baby. They point and then throw their head back and shrug. It's a bug. Sims always react in disgust has it's own thread. My Sims in my current save live in an apartment and anyone that comes to the door does it. There is no trash by the door. My sims do it almost every time I tell then to do something. If I pause the game and zoom in on faces every sim looks sad and even though their green and happy. When I look at the Sims down on the street they appear sad also. With everything going wrong with this game and I have been building and not playing. It's no fun to play with sad complaining Sims with no gardening in the game. It's broken also.
  • Options
    I think it was just a glitch. No trash can out there. So it wasn’t that. They have a maid and even he ignored it. I gave up, closed out the game and I cleaned out my caches and went back in. That seemed to have fixed it... for now. It wasn’t that big a deal. I have been playing Sims 4 since it came out so I got pretty good at trouble shooting these minor annoyances. But this one stumped me. Thanks to you all for the helpful hints.
  • Options
    @Sadiesue Could have been a floating plate or something. Who knows. Glad you solved it.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited July 2020
    I've seen that my trash can had something on the ground around, which looked like the woodcovering from it would be rotten, but I couldn't make it away, because I don't have the specific recycle lot trait. After deleting the whole trashcan and buying a new one the complains about the mess stopped until the next trash can began to rot. I think that's a bug.

jOIwMJ8.png
    Post edited by Daravi on
  • Options
    CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    I had one were the family were getting negative buffs, couldn't see any thing at all, I ended up emptying the room and eventually found a tiny piece of food (the feed pet from plate type?) that had been under a table so wasn't being cleaned up, drove me mad trying to find it
  • Options
    Daravi wrote: »
    I've seen that my trash can had something on the ground around, which looked like the woodcovering from it would be rotten, but I couldn't make it away, because I don't have the specific recycle lot trait. After deleting the whole trashcan and buying a new one the complains about the mess stopped until the next trash can began to rot. I think that's a bug.

I think that's what happened to me too after the EL updates. Even without having EL, it's in base game now.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    It’s back. Lol. After a couple days, I seen their maid pick up the invisible trash when he came through the door and I thought, oh good, that’s that. However, later in the afternoon they were back to doing it again in the same spot. Now even the household are doing it. I had one of my guys answer the door to a visitor and they both did the trash rant together. I give up. I guess it’s another one of those annoying bugs I’ll just have to live with. 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Might be worth looking round the area for any shelves or half walls too. My sims like to place dishes on them and then complain that they cant reach them to clean them up. HOW DID YOU PUT IT UP THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE THEN!
  • Options
    Sadiesue wrote: »
    It’s back. Lol. After a couple days, I seen their maid pick up the invisible trash when he came through the door and I thought, oh good, that’s that. However, later in the afternoon they were back to doing it again in the same spot. Now even the household are doing it. I had one of my guys answer the door to a visitor and they both did the trash rant together. I give up. I guess it’s another one of those annoying bugs I’ll just have to live with. 🤷‍♀️

All I can think of now is completely demolish the problem area. Before rebuilding it, save your lot to library, then wipe out the entire lot. Place it back from library, then rebuild the demolished problem area.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Sadiesue wrote: »

This is really interesting. My Sims also complain about (seemingly) invisible trash. I figured it was probably in their inventories (out of my control), or maybe it was an item of trash underneath an object (somehow). But now that you say your maid has actually picked up invisible trash, now I'm wondering if my lot has had invisible trash all along.

They have been getting the "unpleasant surroundings" moodlet since the Eco Lifestyle patch. I don't have Eco Lifestyle.

I have already saved my lot and re-placed it. I think the trash item saves on the lot.
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Options
    @Admiral8Q Great minds think alike 😉. The house they are in is one of my builds that I saved to my library a while ago and I’ve had other households live in it and never had a problem. But that was before the EL patch. I went into my library and replaced it. I was just putting off doing it because I changed the house a lot to suit them better and didn’t want to redo the changes. Like @sketches said, If I save the house as it is currently, it may save the “invisible trash” too. I haven’t been able to play the household since I redid everything but I hope it works. If not, I’ll live with it I guess. Or move them to another house which I definitely don’t want to do.