Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A cheat to unlock gameplay overlays in CAS

In the latest livestream for Nifty Knitting @SimGuruConor mentioned unlocking the career outfits in CAS which is a fab idea for storytellers who just want access to everything at all times. Something that I would also really love the devs to add is the ability to unlock the gameplay overlays, too e.g.
  • Base Game - electrocuted/singed
  • Base Game - dirty/smelly
  • Get to Work - sicknesses (stripy/swirly skin etc.)
  • Realm of Magic - Curse of Repulsiveness facial overlay
  • Seasons - lightning eye effect
    etc, etc

I would also appreciate it if there was a cheat that unlocked occult eyes for human sims/other supernaturals e.g. alien eyes for everyone!

I'm not entirely sure how possible this is from a technical standpoint but I'd still like to put the idea out there for the devs to see. It would be really cool if these overlays could stack but i'm not entirely sure how feasible that is either.

I think a cheat/feature like this would be excellent for storytellers or Simmers that like to play challenges e.g. a permanently dirty Sim would suit a rags to riches/homeless/apocolypse challenge. Even if these are just visual effects I think it would be an excellent way of creating unique Sims and enhance our storytelling.

Please feel free to share your ideas/thoughts on this.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Yes, that would be great for so many types of gameplay.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    This would be awesome! I hope it makes it into the game, even if it takes a few years...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    Absolutely! I've been wanting a complete CAS unlock since time began. Or, at least, since Get To Work came out. :p
    #Team Occult
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Thanks for the feedback/support on my idea. Feel free to @ any extra gurus that might be interested in this - I don't really do Twitter.