Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy Haunts Revival?

So it was like 50/40/6/4 for the four themes and Happy Haunts was pretty close and I'm hoping we'll get a stuff pack or game pack with supernatural nonsense. Now let's not repeat the 'too much content not enough content for three new occults." That Sims 3 Supernatural had but more bringing in the ideas it had. We fantasy players have about 3 packs with fun content Realm, Vampires, and JA with overt fantasy themes but with how popular Haunts was maybe we can also get Grim Reaper as an interactive career and seance tables? What you guys think?
Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited July 2020
    I don’t care for a reaper career, but I think a seance table and crystal ball, maybe something like tarot cards were in the game, along with an active psychic career. I think a clairvoyant like Edger Casy would be great!!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Let's be fair. BG has Ghosts. GTW has Aliens. IL has Mermaids. StrangerVille...just strange, with Possessed sims and an obnoxious Motherplant.
    Some of them offer more occult gameplay than the skeletons in JA.

However, I would certainly like to see some of the ideas from Happy Haunts return in a Gamepack, including a Grim Reaper 'career'.
    A stuff pack would not be big enough. I'd say it would be a Gamepack since it's quite niche, but at the same time it should offer enough gameplay to keep occult players happy.
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I don’t care for a reaper career, but I think a seance table and crystal ball, maybe something like tarot cards were in the game, along with an active psychic career. I think a clairvoyant like Edger Casy would be great!!

Agree :)
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2020
    Im an occult player but im not really like the theme as it wont contain new lifestate but instead allowing sims to roleplay as soothsayer or grimrepaer. if it contains improved ghost lifestate i'd be interested.
    Post edited by izecson on
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I'm a realistic player and tend to sprinkle some supernatural here and there.

I voted on Happy Haunts because I wanted something different. And the grim reaper career really made me excited.

Ghost hunting career was something I LOVED in the sims 3 so I hope we get some type of happy haunts game pack soon.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2020
    Let's be fair. BG has Ghosts. GTW has Aliens. IL has Mermaids. StrangerVille...just strange, with Possessed sims and an obnoxious Motherplant.

However, I would certainly like to see some of the ideas from Happy Haunts return in a Gamepack, including a Grim Reaper 'career'.
    A stuff pack would not be big enough. I'd say it would be a Gamepack since it's quite niche, but at the same time it should offer enough gameplay to keep occult players happy.

We also got witches aka spellcasters in Realm Of Magic and Vampires in the Vampire Gamepack..
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I hope not
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

We also got witches aka spellcasters in Realm Of Magic and Vampires in the Vampire Gamepack..

Indeed, I realize that. I was actually commenting on OP’s opening post, where they only mention occults from RoM, Vampires and JA. I just added another list of existing occults we should not forget to mention. I noticed I omitted Plant Sims, although this life state doesn’t even provide much interesting Gameplay or occult design.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    I just want as much supernatural stuff as possible. I understand some people don't like it, but in that case they don't have to buy the packs. I would love seance tables or just darker stuff - we almost got it with Vamps but we need more 'darker' themed supernatural stuff. The game is rated Teen, after all.
    banner.png
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I just want as much supernatural stuff as possible. I understand some people don't like it, but in that case they don't have to buy the packs. I would love seance tables or just darker stuff - we almost got it with Vamps but we need more 'darker' themed supernatural stuff. The game is rated Teen, after all.

I totally agree with you!

I'm not entirely sure how I could incorporate a Happy Haunts type pack in my game but I'm sure I'll think of something... I just want something different to the modern mundane that seems to be prevalent in this game. Don't get me wrong I appreciate realistic things but the game doesn't really feel like the Sims when it feels too realistic. In my opinion, a game like the Sims must have balance between realism and occults otherwise it just feels like a pixelated chore to me. I like to spice things up every now and then with playing unrealistically and in ways I wouldn't normally do.

Variety is the spice of Sim life.

I believe the devs could actually do a lot with a pack like Happy Haunts. A cheat to be able to kill off any Sim at any time would be great for storytelling (similar to the Tombstone of Life and Death from the Sims 2).

• To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    So it was like 50/40/6/4 for the four themes and Happy Haunts was pretty close and I'm hoping we'll get a stuff pack or game pack with supernatural nonsense. Now let's not repeat the 'too much content not enough content for three new occults." That Sims 3 Supernatural had but more bringing in the ideas it had. We fantasy players have about 3 packs with fun content Realm, Vampires, and JA with overt fantasy themes but with how popular Haunts was maybe we can also get Grim Reaper as an interactive career and seance tables? What you guys think?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a BIG family player, I play strictly legacy play, I like to watch my families progress etc... that said, I can’t do it if they’re not witches, or vampires, or mermaid for example. Magic GOT ME INTO this game back when Makin’ Magic was a thing, so I personally would love and welcome ANYTHING occult. Sadly, other than werewolves I just don’t see it happening. Maybe they could redo genies and bring them back, like actual wishes etc... we still don’t have an occult pet, like a dragon etc... would love to have Bonehilda back, my sims do have the skeleton relic but apparently it only works three times and on the third try it exploded lol

—T
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »

I totally agree with you!

I'm not entirely sure how I could incorporate a Happy Haunts type pack in my game but I'm sure I'll think of something... I just want something different to the modern mundane that seems to be prevalent in this game. Don't get me wrong I appreciate realistic things but the game doesn't really feel like the Sims when it feels too realistic. In my opinion, a game like the Sims must have balance between realism and occults otherwise it just feels like a pixelated chore to me. I like to spice things up every now and then with playing unrealistically and in ways I wouldn't normally do.

Variety is the spice of Sim life.

I believe the devs could actually do a lot with a pack like Happy Haunts. A cheat to be able to kill off any Sim at any time would be great for storytelling (similar to the Tombstone of Life and Death from the Sims 2).

Halloween.
  • ThunderNebThunderNeb Posts: 55 Member
    We have ghosts. What about the option to add a ghost or spirit to the household without using cheats. When the ghost is selected we could have the option of ghost view where the living appear transparent and other ghosts appear solid. Vampires might appear in their vampire form. The grim reaper might appear as a youthful teen boy in a toga (a nod to Hermes). In the least they can react with the Reaper. Ghosts don't have the same needs as the living. They don't need food or sleep etc. Ghosts do feed on energies. Positive or Negative emotions. Being around different moods will result in the ghost's levels of good or evil. Reaching the near max has positive or negative side effects. Maybe Halos or Horns or positive or negative abilities like shedding light or casting darkness. Finally, maybe, ghosts can be made in CAS as great grand parents or lost sibling, or even an ancient sea captain who haunts the family manor.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited July 2020
    im a huge proponent of making it into a supernatural careers expansion pack.

we can get all the careers suggested in the stuff packs, instead of just one, and all the other smaller supernaturals that couldn't fully fill a gamepack out. (zombies, genies, fairies, werewolves). we could have the ghostbuster, fortune-teller, supernatural creature hunter (with a goofy rated T for teen version instead of murder, makes them human again), and grim reaper career. would be like get to work but....supernatural haha.

bonehilda in this? would be amazing.
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    I voted for it but now I think it was best it didn't win because SPs are very small. Maybe someday they will consider putting it in a GP instead of a SP.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member

It seems the main consensus is "It has CAS I like but I hate fantasy element s so the pack about fantasy elements should be watered down cuz I don't like it." Which annoys me
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    I didn’t start playing the Sims for occult’s but I sure as hell stayed because of them
    t0j4i8.jpg