Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4: Jail Life

I thought it through and think this would be a really interesting expansion pack. You can go to jail and act like a prisoner. You can try to escape and it could be like a Jungle Adventure 2.0 in that sense. Traits like Murderer, Hardcore Criminal, Law Lover could easily be added and jail-related CAS and build/buy would make the pack really cool as well. Lemme know what you think of this pack idea with any ideas you have that I missed out.
-DiamondPanda
If I help you please note I do not work for EA. Have a nice day :smiley:

Comments

• WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I'm on board minus the murderer trait. Speaking just for myself, such things are fun when made into mods, but for regular Sims content would be pretty jarring. That and of course EA would never approve of such a thing, I can't think of anyway they could add a "murderer" trait and tone it down enough to fit the "family friendly", super sanitized and (IMHO) super boring and squeaky clean image for the game they're promoting as of late. Still, fun idea for a pack, I've wanted more criminal gameplay features since they were added in GTW, lol.

As for crimes, I'd LOVE if arson was added, but again, I doubt EA would go for it. Just imagine Sims setting fire to buildings or objects then trying to flee before being caught by the cops (or a vigilante or even a well-intentioned busy-body with nothing better to do). It'd also be a great excuse to fine-tune and add more functionality to the klepto trait!
  • DiamondPandaDPDiamondPandaDP Posts: 43 Member
    Yeah I agree with this comment. Maybe some of the aspects wouldn't be added but other than that I feel like they would do this pack.
    -DiamondPanda
    If I help you please note I do not work for EA. Have a nice day :smiley:
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    Maybe we can *TWIST* a little bit about the jail and make it an alien abduction, you still can act like a prisoner and try to escape, while the game remains family friendly.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    "Jail life" :D Oh what a name
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    It’d be cool if sims could go to prison just like in real life. The “jails” in GTW aren’t permanent, and the same “convicts” you saw at “jail” are ordering a pufferfish at your local restaurant the next day. This would be a great mod, since I doubt sims will ever add it, despite how real it is.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I like Sims to go to jail for a couple of Sims days and you can't play them and they have a bad memory and bad moodlet about being in jail.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Honestly, I am not sure this is possible for a game labeled as 12+ - the very limited cartoon-style violence just gives little chances for a sim to actually deserve being put in jail.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    What I was saying a couple of years ago is, they could update the Careers, So that Detectives and those who Criminals can be woven together.

The Detective be assigned or the player can choose to pick up an assignment, to work an overnight shift, to Guard a museum, or a Mansion while the resident is away, and then we have a potential break in. which lands a criminal in jail.

From the Criminal Career perspective, your sim can have special interactions to break into place. and before you start the "Break-In" event you'll receive a pop-up on the Difficulty:

Lightly Guarded (Easy): either No Guards on patrol or maybe two Guards on Patrol.
    Moderately Guarded (Normal): three Guards on patrol
    Heavily Guarded (Hard): 5 guards on patrol.

Crimes that are safe for the Sims 4 that could land a Sim in jail:
    Burglary, Embezzlement, Forgery, Bribery, Arson, Disturbing the Peace, Vandalism, Stalking.

There is one more I'd like to say, but since this is a game it's also fair game... But This is also something The Player should also decide if it's illegal or not in their own game so...

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • BachPatuBachPatu Posts: 21 Member
    You guys DO know you CAN download prisons (Which can also be used as jails too) as CC, DO YOU ?? You can also download inmate & staff sims as CC as well as on The Gallery to fill them too :)
  • DrWrightDrWright Posts: 29 Member
    What if they did school instead? School is basically prison.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Considering my husband worked in a prison as a guard I can tell you that a prison isn't the kind of thing you want in this game. He used to tell me that he only met one guy there he thought was truly innocent. Or about the time one of the inmates stopped up his own toilet so that he could collect his own feces to throw on one of the guards. The improvised weapons and the assaults. The bragging about their murder resume. The gangs like the Aryan Brotherhood. The "ahem" relations between inmates even groups of them.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    I would love a jail life in Sims 4. It would be fun to play a naughty jailbird man that falls in love with a
    beautiful lady police officer & they have a secret forbidden love.
  • DrWrightDrWright Posts: 29 Member
    > @redrogue60 said:
    > Considering my husband worked in a prison as a guard I can tell you that a prison isn't the kind of thing you want in this game. He used to tell me that he only met one guy there he thought was truly innocent. Or about the time one of the inmates stopped up his own toilet so that he could collect his own feces to throw on one of the guards. The improvised weapons and the assaults. The bragging about their murder resume. The gangs like the Aryan Brotherhood. The "ahem" relations between inmates even groups of them.

I would love to throw my virtual feces at people!! I already brag about all the paparazzi I've killed in the game, we could have juice supremacists who hate the dance supremacists because they think juice is better than dancing, and the prison woohoo would be great for a girls behind bars simulation!!! But there's no weapons in the Sims so there would only be the "Fight" option.