Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Update] The Sims Spark'd Finale - Discussion with Spoilers!

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    It's not really boycotting when people share their opinion with sensible arguments. I'm pretty someone must have liked the show since it has a lot of views on YouTube but yeah there are also people in other parts of the internet that seemed to not like the idea of The Sims 4 E-Sports.

Feels like no one here likes it wow these comments

are you really surprised people on here complain about sims 4 all the time

@comicsforlife yeah but they don't complain just to complain though. There do have pretty valid arguements that support their opinions (with some exceptions) so people wouldn't come and complain about the show for no reason.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited July 2020
    I just watched it for the first time and Steph0Sims is so likable! I felt for her when she drew a blank while presenting. I would have liked to see more of the actual game instead of speeding through it like this but it wasn't bad by any means. I had fun, although I did feel stressed and anxious at some points. The competitors need more time to do their challenges.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    It's not really boycotting when people share their opinion with sensible arguments. I'm pretty someone must have liked the show since it has a lot of views on YouTube but yeah there are also people in other parts of the internet that seemed to not like the idea of The Sims 4 E-Sports.

Feels like no one here likes it wow these comments

are you really surprised people on here complain about sims 4 all the time

@comicsforlife yeah but they don't complain just to complain though. There do have pretty valid arguements that support their opinions (with some exceptions) so people wouldn't come and complain about the show for no reason.

there arguments valid sometimes but the sims 4 gets a lot of hate and arguments are good or not is a matter of
    opinion and its always the same people to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    edited July 2020
    telmarina wrote: »
    I really don't see the issues everyone has and I been watching reality contest shows since I was 10 and I'm 27. I didn't really see anything that requires a total massive flamewar and boycott over the show and the whole "Sims is for inclusivity and everybody!" Comments toward how rude the show is, makes me laugh when I received oh so much hate towards talking about Realm of Magic and advocating for Happy Haunts theme for the stuff pack.

it looks like to me most of the people that don't like the show in this thread don't like the game that much ether
    I see the people a lot in complaining threads @WolfNate

That's not true. I love the game and you see me a lot in positive threads. I hate this tv show. It's the worst representation of the game they could think of. You need time to play the sims and you def don't need competition.

I was talking about the people in this thread you haven't been in this thread till now
    and I also said most of the people who dislike the show not all in this thread
    if you look you will see people who spend a lot of time in complaining threads
    I didn't mean you @telmarina :) I'm just saying if they don't like the game they aren't gonna
    like the show
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    I know, I know, I'm a bit late to the party (I needed a bit of time to calm the nerves after watching episode 1 :lol:) ...

Now, I do understand that this show is not for everyone and has presented some points of controversy, but everyone here can share their opinion even if it's negative - we just have to keep things nice and respectful. So, thanks to everyone who has done so and shared their feedback in this thread while keeping things civil!

Personally, I like Spark'd even more than I would have thought. Initially, I wasn't sure how it would go and went in open-minded, but I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised with how it came out.
    Of course, it's not perfect and some things could have done differently but it is entertaining and some super talented people get to showcase their creativity in a game we love. And that's pretty neat I think! :) It's going to be very interesting to see what will happen in the next episodes and I'll definitely keep watching.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    EA_Leeloo wrote: »
    I know, I know, I'm a bit late to the party (I needed a bit of time to calm the nerves after watching episode 1 :lol:) ...

Now, I do understand that this show is not for everyone and has presented some points of controversy, but everyone here can share their opinion even if it's negative - we just have to keep things nice and respectful. So, thanks to everyone who has done so and shared their feedback in this thread while keeping things civil!

Personally, I like Spark'd even more than I would have thought. Initially, I wasn't sure how it would go and went in open-minded, but I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised with how it came out.
    Of course, it's not perfect and some things could have done differently but it is entertaining and some super talented people get to showcase their creativity in a game we love. And that's pretty neat I think! :) It's going to be very interesting to see what will happen in the next episodes and I'll definitely keep watching.

Ya I admit the editing needs work I mean Face Off was also an hour and they showed everyone have talk spots but maybe a lot of contestants too shy to talk...
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2020

In this show The Sims isn't a game, it's a tool. They could replace the game by actors or a book to write it would be the same thing.

The real challenge is the teamwork with random teammates and to be creative.

I know that just seems everyone is whining about how they don't focus on the game or the team sucks and a lot of people are flaming Drgluon he probably deleted his twitter at this point... Poor guy
    He won't. He has small kids so he is used to dealing with them. He has been streaming a long time and has played actual competitive games, so he is used to dealing with trolls. He is one of the most experienced with different platforms of social media so he will be ok. His jingles, builds, and stories all bring me joy like Jerry and the Mother.

Also they only give Game changers only 24 to 48 hours to review EPs now so unhealthy time constraints must be a new thing introduced this year and last year. Someone pointed out how show was filmed after Realm of Magic came out so after September.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    I really don't see the issues everyone has and I been watching reality contest shows since I was 10 and I'm 27. I didn't really see anything that requires a total massive flamewar and boycott over the show and the whole "Sims is for inclusivity and everybody!" Comments toward how rude the show is, makes me laugh when I received oh so much hate towards talking about Realm of Magic and advocating for Happy Haunts theme for the stuff pack.

it looks like to me most of the people that don't like the show in this thread don't like the game that much ether

That's not true. I love the game and you see me a lot in positive threads. I hate this tv show. It's the worst representation of the game they could think of. You need time to play the sims and you def don't need competition.

I was talking about the people in this thread you haven't been in this thread till now
    I didn't mean you @telmarina :) I'm just saying if they don't like the game they aren't gonna
    like the show
    Not true, a lot of EA Game Changers hated that show too, so oops there goes that theory. I'm caught in the middle with the game. I don't like most reality shows even with being a young adult, so stereotype all you want, it isn't going to bring the community together, but shows that well people who didn't like the show were right about it tearing the community apart even further regardless about how they felt about the game and that the Sims 4 isn't strong in storytelling or live mode and judges agree.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    It was interesting to watch, but I worry based on the format of making teams with different specialities it'll get repetitive. If every challenge is just "tell a story in the game!" it'll get bland pretty quick. Would be more entertaining if there was like ugly to beauty CAS challenges where they all take one sim and have to fix it without any defaults but it looks to me like it'll stick with the "Tell a story in the sims!" format.
    edited July 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    It was interesting to watch, but I worry based on the format of making teams with different specialities it'll get repetitive. If every challenge is just "tell a story in the game!" it'll get bland pretty quick. Would be more entertaining if there was like ugly to beauty CAS challenges where they all take one sim and have to fix it without any defaults but it looks to me like it'll stick with the "Tell a story in the sims!" format.
    A Beauty to Keep Sims Weird CAS challenge actually would be interesting to see. I feel like a lot of the Sims challenges come off as repetitive since the Sims 1. Probably why I like Doc, his takes a fresh new take on challenges which makes his stories more interesting to watch. I still love how he named a nameless picture in the game Jerry and made him a God in the game with a shrine and everything. So we'll see if Jerry makes an appearance in Spark'd or not or the Mother from Strangeville will. EcoPop challenge by SimGuruPopcorn is an excellent take on Rags to Riches too.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    @Onverser how would they judge and ugly to beauty CAS challenge though?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Lorna08Lorna08 Posts: 98 Member
    edited July 2020
    Just watched the first episode, To be honest it was very stressful to watch, I feel like they should have been given more time to be able to decently show off what they can do. The editing of the show makes it seem really rushed which I did not personally like. Also would have loved Jesse to have had more camera time, was missing her personality lol <3 Team Gnome FTW!

I completely agree! I look forward to watching ep.2 on Monday to see if it's better.
    Post edited by Lorna08 on
    y7Kh4Ip.png
    Follow me on (S)imstagram @SimmerLorna
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I donno does it count as a spoiler to talk about the format?

How can there be '4 parts' I assume 4 episodes if... there are only 4 teams? I'm deeply confused... If you eliminate a team an episode that leaves 1 team for the season(hopefully?) finale and what are we going to see for an hour? All three people against each other?!

The finale could be split into two parts, giving the final teams more time to create a really big production.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    I only managed to watch the first part of it until after the first two teams had shown their little clips off and turned it off , The builds were what i was most interested in but they didnt let them have the time to build lots properly and they looked really bad and bland and then the stories were way too short .
    This is just Ea's way of jumping on the reality / esports bandwagon and it doesnt work with the sims . To make it work they need to be able to make the builds properly and film the stories not try and do them there and then .
    Once again EA doing things on the cheap and without filling it out properly and doing it fully

2/10 rating from me
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

like the show

That's fine @comicsforlife :)
    anyway I hope everyone had fun and made new friends while doing the show
    I donno does it count as a spoiler to talk about the format?

How can there be '4 parts' I assume 4 episodes if... there are only 4 teams? I'm deeply confused... If you eliminate a team an episode that leaves 1 team for the season(hopefully?) finale and what are we going to see for an hour? All three people against each other?!

The finale could be split into two parts, giving the final teams more time to create a really big production.
    There are four episodes. I found out how many from DrGluon, but can see it here too:
    https://www.eleague.com/sims-sparkd
    I was not expecting Gnome to be axed

Spoiler bout elimination btw
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member

🐸🐸🐸🐸. No sense in watching the rest of the season then. :/
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

🌺🌺🌺🌺. No sense in watching the rest of the season then. :/

Did you watch the second episode? They were definitely the weaker team.

I certainly didn't see that coming
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    omg what happened? *popcorn*
    omg what happened? *popcorn*

That one thing lol but I really liked Team LLama I was worried about them.
  • simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
    Sad that the simmer I was rooting for got booted. She is still best in my eyes. :)
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member

Did you watch the second episode? They were definitely the weaker team.
    Doesn't matter. I was here for Urbansims and Plumbella. I'm not interested in anyone else, aside from Steph0. If they're both leaving, then so does my interest for this show.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017