Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The reason I'll be harder on Sims than Paralives.

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited July 2020
    The skin on the parafolk still looks kind of flat but have you seen pre-alpha Sims? They also looked weird. I'm sure they're going to modify a few things.

I can be a true pain in the backside when it comes to reviewing and criticizing aesthetics. Nobody ever likes me for that. :#
    The environment and shading/lighting looks wonderful though. I also understand many people are already in love with the look of the parafolk, although I can see their potential of looking even better.
    I would be surprised if they didn’t get modified. By giving them a few tweaks here and there, these characters will look truly awesome. It’s only my opinion though. And I think the guys and gals at Paralives are doing a great job so far.

I think they will at least make them a pinch more detailed so the game holds up to today's standards. But you know this is also a thing they need to be careful about. Paralives will most likely be released during the next Sims Generation (2+ years from now) and will have to compete with the Sims 5. Now even though it could easily go up against Sims 4 (at least graphically) you never know what EA has in store for the Sims 5 so if Paralives wants to succeed they should try to evolve the game as much as possible.

However I have to admit I really was not expecting them to be showcasing such good content in such short amounts of time. If it's true then it's remarkable for a team of what 5-6 people? For their first project ever together this is indeed good stuff.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Paralives has yet to not surprise me which I don't think is saying much considering my expectations are low. While I dream of some of the stuff they're pulling off being in The Sims games I never thought we'd get it.

I think I'm with a lot of simmers who are eyeing Paralives right now, I'm used to being disappointed and annoyed with The Sims 4 and how they do things now so I don't expect much from an indie game. Then they show something like how you'll be able to create lots in the game, three different levels of floors in one room, or being able to darken or lighten stubble and I'm like, 'What is this? This... this is possible?'

I also wonder if being able to reflect on his existence is a part of his personality and their working on that aspect now too or if that's just something all Parafolk will be able to do. His description makes me think it's personality related but you never know. And I'm guessing we'll see his child soon as well.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    However I have to admit I really was not expecting them to be showcasing such good content in such short amounts of time. If it's true then it's remarkable for a team of what 5-6 people? For their first project ever together this is indeed good stuff.

True. If there is a team with a clear vision, a goal and a mutual passion, a lot can be achieved within a short amount of time. They are lucky they don’t have to answer to some corporate overlord, which by default will take an eternity before something gets the green light.
    Instead they have complete control and can focus entirely on the project they love creating, while keeping their patrons happy and informed.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Does anyone has a link for the most recent video?
    edited July 2020
    @telmarina wrote: »

;)

https://youtu.be/GJAm8UEi4CE
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @telmarina wrote: »

https://youtu.be/GJAm8UEi4CE

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    they're also hired a new aninmator (mods could you move this to off-topic please?)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    edited July 2020
    MadameLee wrote: »
    they're also hired a new aninmator (mods could you move this to off-topic please?)

Why are you asking mods to move the thread? This thread is still about the sims 4 , and paralives.Comparissions, and feeling about both games are welcome, and posted here.I prefer it to stay in feedback.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Could they get any better feedback just look how everyone is loving the features of Paralives maybe its time the Sims team bring back the care and attention to their games features like Paralives.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    The male para looks cool I love the backstory .I hope in five we have detailed backstories like this.It was fun when you feel like your sim was part of a world, and community.I hope that happens again one day .
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I was pretty impressed by Sebastien. The backstory was interesting, and I hope it actually effects his mood and personality. I also like the art style of the game so far. I just hope it's not too casual. It needs some challenge like the Sims 2. I hope they really work on the actual gameplay now and not just CAS and B&B.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I like everything about paralives but there definitely needs some more improvement on graphic. Everything else is superb though
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Seeing the smooth movement of the male parafolk jumping off the counter I cant wait to see them in action. All this customization already for the male parafolk here we are almost 6 years in and no body hair in Sims 4 but then again rarely do we get any male specific content in Sims 4. Just watch Paralives will have multi parafolk sport activity while the best Sims 4 can do is a few single Sim animations with a soccer ball or wait your turn basketball.

True feel like im playing barbie dress up rather than The Sims i used to play. Because almost everything fashion wise is female exclusive.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Paralives will probably be the new & better Sims game.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I really hope with Paralives they make black parafolk with well-matched skin tones and plenty of black hairstyles in the game. And have some people on staff or who can help to give us good ones (please no cauliflower 😬😬😬)
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

We can only hope. However, with such a small team, there will be many years and many changes to Paralives between now and the time that the game is released.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    Cynna wrote: »

We can only hope. However, with such a small team, there will be many years and many changes to Paralives between now and the time that the game is released.

they're aiming for a team of 10 and they have a team of 4.5 (the .5 is the public relations person so doesn't actually work on the game). And if I remember from a transcript of one of the pateron chats is they're hoping to show some game play by the end of the year or early next year.
    6adMCGP.gif
    I imagine in 2022 paralives would be release .
    @Cynna wrote: »

Im sure some big companies other than EA are Hawk-eying their progress and are wondering when they should make an offer...
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited July 2020
    Im sure some big companies other than EA are Hawk-eying their progress and are wondering when they should make an offer...

PARADOX

or I wouldn't be opposed to Frontier
    as far as I know the modders on Para's discord has said Alex will turn down every offer from big companies EA or otherwise I believe.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 367 Member
    For me the only competition that the Sims has is the Sim themselves
    ParaLives is just going to be another life simulation game that is hoping to steal players from other life simulation games and indie games
    From what I have seen/ read yeah everything is better than Sims 4 but am I going to hop on the bus no cause I will want what they say and see in the trailers just like I did when they released the trailers of all the Sims games and then be disappointed cause it wasn't like the trailers promised

If they release a demo will play it and if it keeps my attention like Sims 1 to 4 does and Sims mobile will buy
    But if it doesn't like Sims Free Play and other mobile life simulation games that has been around since the 80's when first started playing life simulation games then won't get

Yes the Sims 4 is not a perfect game and for many not worth being played but I do enjoy playing it even though wish that their was an opportunity you can change the patterns colours materials for our clothing and we had a world creator and that the Sims had more personality but the devs are not the same so they will want to put their own out

If and when we get Sims 5 would love to see my favourite things about the Sims from all four editions in it and hope that they incorporate most the of the packs into the base game like babies toddlers vampires aliens witches maybe mermaids cars more personality colour wheel or another way we can change the clothing hair and a world creator and most of all not a multi and online game cause that is not what the Sims is
    As for this bashing other versions cause you don't care for one over the other would love for it all to stop just keep note the reason why we are here is cause we love the Sims and their is one edition of the Sims we love over the rest
    All we can do is hope that by the time the last pack of Sims 4 is out and been out for a couple months there are no bugs and crashing and if and when Sims 5 is released that most the of the bugs have been fixed so that they wouldn't have to release any patches within a couple weeks
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited July 2020
    as far as I know the modders on Para's discord has said Alex will turn down every offer from big companies EA or otherwise I believe.

I hope that he sticks to his guns. These days, indie games are where it's at. They're passion projects and nine times out of ten, the better ones have more ingenuity, imagination, and replayability than some of the biggest AAA games.

That said, Unless Masse and team are further along than they've hinted at, I still expect Paralive to take several years to complete. Other very popular indie games, with teams of comparable size, have remained in early access for years before the full release. However, I'm not in a hurry. I'd rather wait several years for a great game than one or two years for a poor or mediocre one.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    What strikes me personally about the development of Paralives is that I'm actually excited by it. Seeing each video, hearing about updates, every now and then I'll go out of my way to see if there's anything new. I haven't been interested in anything new related to The Sims 4 since Vampires, and even back then that had been the first pack to interest me for a long time.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
    Cynna wrote: »

I hope that he sticks to his guns. These days, indie games are where it's at. They're passion projects and nine times out of ten, the better ones have more ingenuity, imagination, and replayability than some of the biggest AAA games.

That said, Unless Masse and team are further along than they've hinted at, I still expect Paralive to take several years to complete. Other very popular indie games, with teams of comparable size, have remained in early access for years before the full release. However, I'm not in a hurry. I'd rather wait several years for a great game than one or two years for a poor or mediocre one.

They hit 36,000 a month after some drama so enough to hire some more people with Alice being the newest one.
    6adMCGP.gif