Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fix the Butler!!!

2...Next

Comments

• awyeahaawyeaha Posts: 1 New Member
    I have all of these issues mentioned in previous comments. I always get elders. Butler keeps changing when I leave the lot. I get the lazy, klepto butler and then I have to fire him and rehire a butler only to get the original one and the cycle repeats.
    When my sim is sleeping if the butler is awake time goes regular 1x and 2x not hyperspeed. I fix it by assigning him the task of going to sleep and then time hyperspeeds once he is sleeping.
    He was using the bathtub in the bathroom attached to my sims bedroom which didn't bug me, really. I just added bathtubs or combination tubs to all the other bathrooms and now he tub hops.
    I kinda like the quirky things like him interrupting my sim studying or programming to chat, its almost like he can sense her social need getting lower lol.
    Also for some reason he keeps putting pristine wet washed clothes back into the hamper! Is he afraid of the dryer? Was he electrocuted in his early days?

I love the original butler my sim has, he's great but its frustrating to repeat this process every time I play. (fire, rehire, repeat)

Also a note I will add with the recent issues since the latest big update; I backed up all my save files and uninstalled and reinstalled the game and every game pack. (Turn it off and then back on again) This solved a lot of non butler related issues! I may uninstall and reinstall the laundry pack to see if that helps with his fear of the dryer.
  • simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    @awyeaha thanks for the update - I haven't played a butler in a while - sorry to hear the butler has not been updated to be better.
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    Please fix butlers and all NPC Sims please!!! I have all these issues, too. Can't use mods on Xbox and shouldn't have to PERIOD.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    My biggest issue is that my choices aren't saved. For example, if I want my butler to answer the door, stop gardening, stop repairing, etc. I have to choose those options again every time a new butler is assigned or I switch households. It might also reset when traveling; I'm not sure.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited July 2020
    Folks y'all got to complete a bug report. This forum isn't it.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This is the same old song and dance we have been complaining about ever since a new pack right after they introduced butlers. It's been years.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DrWrightDrWright Posts: 29 Member
    I got a Klepto paparazzi that ruined my famous Sim's business in Get to Work by stealing everything I was trying to sell. They were also rude and refused to leave the store when asked so I trapped them and killed them. My butler is doing fine though and I haven't got a klepto butler yet but when I do they will die.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Is buying the pack mainly for the butler worth it? I dont care for items so if the butler is not good i wont get it.
  • SerenityVIIISerenityVIII Posts: 32 Member
    I cannot speak on any specific bug as that is a more technical thing and I am not experiencing any Butler bugs myself, however I know over the years I learned to praise my Butler each day, ensure they had their own bed/bathroom with a bathtub (in my experience they will not use a shower), ensured they had enough time to eat something and I force them to sleep by the manage Butler options every night and send them to bed. Once I started this .. my butler would always stay with me.

My routine - make sure they go to sleep around same time each night, and my Butler gets up/has bath, sits down to eat breakfast, one of my Adult Sims praises him/her and then chats with them for a few Sim minutes then the Butler is off to do chores.

If they were unhappy or I worked them too hard, they would leave and I would get a new one and it was constantly changing. Sometimes you can get bad butlers with undesirable traits and this can cause conflict as well. You can 'get to know them' to find out their traits or edit them directly with the CAS cheat. You can fire the one you do not like and get another Butler.

I haven't had the issue with them leaving the household since I started changing the way my Sims managed them. If everything is provided to them and all their needs are met then I am not quite sure.
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    I cannot speak on any specific bug as that is a more technical thing and I am not experiencing any Butler bugs myself, however I know over the years I learned to praise my Butler each day, ensure they had their own bed/bathroom with a bathtub (in my experience they will not use a shower), ensured they had enough time to eat something and I force them to sleep by the manage Butler options every night and send them to bed. Once I started this .. my butler would always stay with me.

My routine - make sure they go to sleep around same time each night, and my Butler gets up/has bath, sits down to eat breakfast, one of my Adult Sims praises him/her and then chats with them for a few Sim minutes then the Butler is off to do chores.

If they were unhappy or I worked them too hard, they would leave and I would get a new one and it was constantly changing. Sometimes you can get bad butlers with undesirable traits and this can cause conflict as well. You can 'get to know them' to find out their traits or edit them directly with the CAS cheat. You can fire the one you do not like and get another Butler.

I haven't had the issue with them leaving the household since I started changing the way my Sims managed them. If everything is provided to them and all their needs are met then I am not quite sure.

Very interesting! I'll pay attention to it next time I play with butlers. In this case, I guess the game could give some kind of warning for us players without ambiguity if there's a problem or not.

I played with butlers on my XOne version and it kept the same old guy, even when I travelled to community lots. I just wished that they would sleep without needed to be ordened.
    If I forget to command them to sleep, they will eventually crawl into bed, however they are in an exhausted state at that point and can lead them to be 'unhappy/overworked' and that could lead them to leaving your service. I do not know if this is intended or not. Makes sense if it is.

I mean in the real world if you had a household employee that was hungry, stinky and exhausted, and felt under appreciated, I would imagine they would leave as well.

Suggestion EA - In respect to the sleeping only when they are in the red/exhausted state, maybe a behind the scenes reprogramming to queue them to sleep just prior to entering that exhausted stage or even allowing them rest time (naps for short periods of the day) ? I do not know anything about the programming aspect of it. A warning would be nice ..similar to ones that are given when a toddler is ready to be taken away. Something like -- Butler X is feeling under appreciated, or Butler X is overworked and needs a nap (if they implement such a feature), Butler X is hungry, and then a list of possible resolutions. Butler X may leave your service is these needs are not met for instance. This would clearly without doubt distinguish whether this is an intended game play feature or if you were actually experiencing a game related bug. This may already occur ? I just never let my Butler's needs get out of hand so I have not seen any sort of message.

My Sims also converse with the Butler, play Chess etc.. with the Butler and really make them part of the family or at least I try to include them as such. Even in a simulated game, I dislike treating them as 'hired help'. I try also to pay attention to their emotional state and try to cheer them up etc.. If you praise them (through the Manage Butler interactions), they actually work harder for a bit and get more done in your household. This would lead me to believe that how they are treated could be directly linked to them leaving.

This of course is just my own opinion and I love playing with the Butler and have for years. To be clear my game play experience and opinions/suggestions are not to be taken away from the fact that people may be experiencing actual bugs and technical issues. :)
    @SerenityVIII - I gave up on the butler and now use the robot.
    simstr0ng wrote: »
    @SerenityVIII - I gave up on the butler and now use the robot.

@simstr0ng I just started using the Robot in one of my games however I have not yet experienced all that the Robot can do. How do you find the Robot with household tasks and or childcare?
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I would love to have even a cheat to make a household member a butler, then I could fully play my Addams Family (especially now that Morticia and Granmama can become witches) and make the others Vampires maybe, but I could finally have Lurch added to the family as the butler. I know alot of NPCs have not been functioning, if they at least gave us a cheat to use, I would totally appreciate that.
    IceyJ wrote: »
    What bothers me is that every time I leave the lot or switch families, my butlers lose the options I've chosen for them. For example, I have to tell them again to bring all visitors in, or to leave my plants alone or stop repairing objects. It's really annoying.

Agreed, that part is annoying. You have to also wait for them to show back up upon getting back to your lot then retell them how to react to visitors, it should keep any commands they have been given.
    @serenity2133 you asked: I just started using the Robot in one of my games however I have not yet experienced all that the Robot can do. How do you find the Robot with household tasks and or childcare?

I think you have to keep directing the robot to do chores. The Servo needs to be "enhanced" to be able to open "modules" which takes a lot of time and parts (to buy or make). Even when fully enhanced I have found I have to direct Servo to do things. So - a Servo is not a perfect helper but better than the butler because you can direct their actions. Servos have a lot of down town "recharging" or "repairing" but I think they are fun. Servos can also have careers - but I haven't tried that.
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    Hi guys, let me ask you something: do you press "M" or use "Travel..." option on cellphone?

I found out that if I use Travel option my Sims losts their assignments with beds. Could be the butler bugs (spawning a new one every change of scenery, etc.) somehow related to that?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Flap wrote: »
    Hi guys, let me ask you something: do you press "M" or use "Travel..." option on cellphone?

I found out that if I use Travel option my Sims losts their assignments with beds. Could be the butler bugs (spawning a new one every change of scenery, etc.) somehow related to that?

I use travel 99% of the time, or click the go home icon. I don't recall losing bed assignments, though.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited July 2020

I don't have a butler but since the last patch (afer eco lifestyle, not the one today) beds have been loosing their assignements all the time.

I use "M" to travel after I have paused the game
    simstr0ng wrote: »
    @serenity2133 you asked: I just started using the Robot in one of my games however I have not yet experienced all that the Robot can do. How do you find the Robot with household tasks and or childcare?

I think you have to keep directing the robot to do chores. The Servo needs to be "enhanced" to be able to open "modules" which takes a lot of time and parts (to buy or make). Even when fully enhanced I have found I have to direct Servo to do things. So - a Servo is not a perfect helper but better than the butler because you can direct their actions. Servos have a lot of down town "recharging" or "repairing" but I think they are fun. Servos can also have careers - but I haven't tried that.

Ok thank you @simstr0ng for responding. I will have to level up my current Robot and check out how she compares to the Butler. What ever bugs you guys are having, I hope they fix them soon. :)
    @SerenityVIII - have fun with your robots. Learn as you go.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top