Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Would You Rate The Sims Spark'd Show (so far)?

2...Next

Comments

• LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    1/10
    Another flaming dumpster fire scheme that will be considered a waste of money and resources.

I had more enjoyment watching that latest Paralives video than watching the clips from that garbage show. Made sure to give it a 1 on IMDB as well, hope it gets cancelled.
  • meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member

It's associated with Buzzfeed, so I won't waste my time watching it.
  • SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    3/10
    Honestly, the show kept my attention, but I think they should've focused their resources on fixing TS4. I feel like this show adds competition to TS4 when it's never been about that. Also, I didn't like how they set up the teams or how much time they gave them.
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,179 Member
    7/10
    I rarely watch tv and pretty much never watch reality shows (although did when they first started). However I did enjoy somewhat this as it was simmers participating. I watched online.

I cut my cable cord and don't think I would of got that channel anyways but I would presume it is supported with sponsors so that would be covering a large part of costs involved.
    From what I remember of sponsored tv shows is that they used a lot of the time up I would rather spend on a program. LOL

A little competition doesn't hurt anybody and if it brings someone a little bit out of their comfort zone then in my opinion thats a good thing.
    I wish I had that much confidence to even just try.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited July 2020
    5/10
    I think the edit is just awful it feels like they are constantly fast forwarding over fun things and then just showing people get emotional

like they are not really giving contestants time to make anything well and don't show their work enough

i want to see people building i want to see them doing cas and i want some jokes and fun

it makes me sad
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    1/10
    I admit, I'm more entertained watching the Nifty Knitting livestream which is also on Youtube now and hides the chat which is nice.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    I don't intend to watch it.
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    1/10
    One word; boring
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    2/10
    I didn't like it. It had a bit of a mean vibe. :/
    Why was everything so rushed? Why were they trying to create drama between the contestants? Why are they even competing? Isn't Sims supposed to be fun. I felt bad for some of the contestants, their creativity was criticized the way that sounded way too harsh. Why?
    I won't be watching it anymore, that's for sure.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    8/10
    I'd like it to actually be less competitive but I think it is interesting. I've definitely never seen The Sims like that.

I appreciate the work that has gone into it and I don't think it's subtracting resources from creating the game. If anything, it's probably trying to bring in new players to the game.

I don't have a strong opinion about YouTube gamechangers. I don't really need to watch them and probably only encounter them when looking into packs. I do think it's cool to see the different ways that people interpret the same game.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    7/10
    After last night's episode I'm upping my rating to 9. The contestants seemed more composed and focused and it showed in their presentations. The important thing is watching the stories play out made me want to replicate a couple of the storylines in my own gameplay. Especially the winning presentation. There was a twist that I didn't see coming. The team really deserved that win.
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 369 Member
    5/10
    I watched on buzzfeed multiplayer and felt that things were cut
    It wasn't at all I expected but do plan on watching tomorrow night if not to tired when get to see if it has changed or still feel that things were cut
    If and when a second season happens I hope it would be what I expected from this season and not full of drama and working in teams trying to create your sims storyline buildings in a non realistic amount of time yeah 90 mins for all not for you to get everything done in or even 5 hours is way to short if you can't use sims you have created earlier or buildings and a storyline when you have three different people try to come up with one that fits all three play styles and all on one computer is just wrong to me
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    1/10
    Complete waste of their money, time, and resources that should be spend repairing this completely bug-infested disaster.
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    6/10
    I'm just two episodes in, but right now I'm at a 6/10. I liked it more than I thought I would, and I think that the idea is really interesting. I disagree with some folks saying they should have a longer time limit (mainly in YouTube comments), the judges should be easier on them, etc. Only because in my opinion, great competition shows really push the contestants and challenge them, and the judges' only job is to critique the contestant's work. Honestly I feel like the judges have been really fair and constructive in their criticisms. Not only that, but I think the contestants have been doing an amazing job of listening and applying said criticisms, and it pays off!

However! I can agree that the seemingly pushed reality show vibes feel kinda forced and unnecessary. I really feel like the Sims community as a whole is much more supportive of one another which may not fit with the energy of most reality shows. Like I said, overall I think it's a really neat concept. But I think it's something that's going to have to just evolve over time, because to my knowledge something like this hasn't really been done before! So they'll just need to feel it out, I think.

Hopefully they'll be listening to those who are watching the show and adapt and make it something really incredible! Episode 2 felt much more cohesive and polished, so I'm looking forward to Episode 3. I think the team has the capability to make this project something really special, so I'm staying optimistic!
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    1/10
    I don't mean to offend anybody but I really wasn't impressed. I'll keep watching in hopes it'll be ok not great but ok. We can all do a better job from what I have seen of all of you in What Happened in Your Game today thread and Youtube and Twitch videos from all the building community out there. Again I don't mean to insult anybody or any of you who are enjoying the show. Maybe it's just poor editing from the staff producing the show.

As Sharonia put it the teams weren't jelling well and they didn't use the talent for what they are best at doing. When I think of xurbansimsx I think of mod reviews and storytelling which is their strong point. They should be doing what their strong point is. The real challenge is playing sims 4 vanilla. From what I can gather is what they are all doing. When you are used to playing with CC and mods and then you are playing vanilla it's a different way of playing. I feel for the contestants who are used to all the mods they have normally in their game and now they have to play vanilla. It's got be hard on them
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    4/10
    I liked the idea at first but then I felt like people stories shouldn't be judged on. While you can tell stories with the Sims. I would have liked to seen some live gameplay challenges.
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    2/10
    Honestly...I have only watched one episode. I don't have many moving parts of Sims 4...(EPS, SPS, etc...) I didn't care for it. I am quite content with what I have. I don't feel the need to watch a simming competition. I guess I just turned it on to see what the heck it was. I will go back to my previous incarnations of TS2 and TS3 ;)
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited August 2020
    1/10
    To have a real competition, you have to have the right tools. The Sims 4 does not have the right tools for story telling. If the game doesn't have the tools to tell a story, how does any judge going to score the players? The Sims is limited too much for any of these challenges. And it is not fair to the players for judges to limited their time to do something the game itself can not do and the developers lack putting in the game to begin with.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    1/10
    I didnt get to watch it so I am just going to rate it 1/10 because it was a waste of money they could of spent on cars or bunk beds or just fixing bugs
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    TBH, I only watched the first episode, so I won't vote because it seems unfair. Yet, the first episode didn't leave a good impression on me. I hate "force" drama and calling one as a pro or they're representing all Simmers all around the world. Nope, they're not. Not sure if there's even a so call Pro level in The Sims game despite they were competing where many of us could do to, planning, creating, playing, etc. On top of that, when we keep on getting new packs for new BB/CAS & of course gameplay, instead of levelling up our Sims, everyone is going back to square one trying new things. :/
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    To have a real competition, you have to have the right tools. The Sims 4 does not have the right tools for story telling. If the game doesn't have the tools to tell a story, how does any judge going to score the players? The Sims is limited too much for any of these challenges. And it is not fair to the players for judges to limited their time to do something the game itself can not do and the developers lack putting in the game to begin with.

Exactly! This game is very subjective because it's a creative game. How do they judged without being bias, subjective, but objective?

OID:- x4m1r4
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    1/10
    i do not fine that sort of challange intressting as a player
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(