Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Storyline

Would you like a storyline in the sims? I know I know but here me Out I am no talking about a do this task to progress to this or that I mean something a bit like a drama that you can delve deep in to or totally ignore like the bells Goth or the Calianta sisters where did they come from what’s there story why are they here?

ofcouse as life progresses the people die family’s rise and fall babies become adults and story’s get deeper that kind of thing

Comments

• dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    They really need to fix family trees for this I think. After a while I worry I'm marrying a distant relative. I'd love for Sims to get married, have kids, get divorces, have affairs, get promotions, go to university, move houses, ect. This is one thing I really miss from Sims 3, at that was limited at best. I really hate relying on mods for gameplay that should be part of the game.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    dg51829 wrote: »
    I'd love for Sims to get married, have kids, get divorces, have affairs, get promotions, go to university, move houses, ect.

They can do all these things... but I get what you mean about story progression and family trees.

banner.png
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd only want storylines to be optional. I generally play with my own storylines. I wouldn't mind a pack giving different options for how to play out different stories but it needs to be an option not a requirement. Several of the packs have been like that.

I would not want to see a centralized story for the basegame. It wouldn't interest me. I also don't play with the pre-mades like that. I don't want to follow the same story as everyone else. I prefer getting elements or prompts and then doing what I want.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I'd only want storylines to be optional. I generally play with my own storylines. I wouldn't mind a pack giving different options for how to play out different stories but it needs to be an option not a requirement. Several of the packs have been like that.

I would not want to see a centralized story for the basegame. It wouldn't interest me. I also don't play with the pre-mades like that. I don't want to follow the same story as everyone else. I prefer getting elements or prompts and then doing what I want.

It would ofcouse be optional we don’t want to devide the fan base do we. I assume that the storyline would have different outcomes depending on your actions it’s not a start end game over thing ofcouse we would have the classic Sims gameplay and you can play the story line with your own sims if you want or just ignore the storyline and let it play out on it’s own while you deal with birth death Uni ect
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    edited July 2020
    dg51829 wrote: »
    They really need to fix family trees for this I think. After a while I worry I'm marrying a distant relative. I'd love for Sims to get married, have kids, get divorces, have affairs, get promotions, go to university, move houses, ect. This is one thing I really miss from Sims 3, at that was limited at best. I really hate relying on mods for gameplay that should be part of the game.

Yeah like when I marry someone, I’d like them to have a family as well. My families are usually 5-6 generations so my family tree gets huge but when I’m on the like 5 gen, the siblings on the first generation aren’t on there. I wish they would also have kids even if I’m not playing.

My family trees usually look like this

Sim 1 + Sim 2
    Kid - kid - 2nd Gen
    .............Kid - kid - 3rd Gen
    .............................Kid - Kid - 4th
    ....................................Kid - Kid - 5th Gen

I wish the left side would automatically fill up with them having kids. Also if I don’t play the last kid from the family as the Heir then the others won’t move out.
    I would like sims to have kids, get married and divorced, move house, adopt pets or children because plenty of my couples are gay or lesbian or bi, on their own. Without me playing them. It would add so much story to the game. Like imagine being best mates with Bella Goth and her ringing up cos her and Mortimer had divorced😂😂Or Nancy Landgrabb having an affair (I swear she would). Then when my 5 generation kids get married, their spouses would have big families and a big history I could involve in my game. This storytelling feature could be turned off like natural aging?
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    If it's storylines for premade Sim's I wouldn't care to have that option.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    If it's storylines for premade Sim's I wouldn't care to have that option.
    It would be yes but your sim can get involved with the story your actions impact the story and the world.

• NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    I miss the memory system of the sims 2, I wish things like ''parents disproving dating with......'' would occur and then be a memory. Remembering deaths, cheating, divorces, bad grades, those things are what made sims 2 fun. I miss the memory system and I miss the bad and good memories.