Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phantasmal Reading Circle III: Newness Returns!

Comments

• lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    @lilypadmeulin I'll catch up on your next chapter in the next few days. :)

@NyteRose Vin looks good as a merman! ;)

@15aewar I agree with everyone above, I can't wait to see who's next! And how Caleb's kid(s) turn out.

And I have my next chapter up.

5wT17NZl.png

• NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @lone_cat Thanks :)
    I also did him up as a sexy cowboy, but I don't think anyone wants to see those shots ;):p
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    I have the new pack, too! Sorry for not paying as much attention to the forums here lately. These past few weeks have been really stressful with real-life stuff. I spun the wheel to determine Elvira's next husband over a month ago. I really need to load up that save again. I last played it around the time the big April patch hit; surprisingly, that one broke my game more than the Eco Living one did. I think I have some residual Post-Traumatic-Update-Disorder around that game in particular. :DThat and the dark colors of the House of the Fallen Leaves makes me hesitant to play.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited June 2020
    @15aewar, no worries. It's been a stressful time for everybody. I've taken Slayers out of rotation for now as you requested, but I'll keep the link up so anyone who visits the thread can see its awesomeness. :)

@Firande @lone_cat @lilypadmeulin We currently have only three stories in rotation, which I'm fine with, but if others are feeling the stress of the times and would rather take a short hiatus, we can do that, too. We would still chat about Not So Charmed next week either way. Let me know your thoughts.

Edited to add: By "short" I was thinking, perhaps a month, but we could also take a longer break for the summer if that's the consensus.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @katrinasforest I'm happy to keep going, I've just gotten back into writing Not So Charmed! However, if we did hiatus I could use the time to storyboard and focus on Mermaid Bachelorette, so there is that!

@katrinasforest I'm fine with whatever everyone else decides. I agree that it's a stressful and unpredictable time right now, so I totally understand if we decide to take a break. Or if everyone wants to keep going, that's fine too. :)
    edited June 2020
    @lone_cat @lilypadmeulin @Firande Appreciate everyone being so flexible. The next few weeks are little rough for me, since school is out but there's no summer camps open yet. There will be by July, though. So let's do Not So Charmed this week, then take off three weeks to give everyone a short (but not too short) break. We'll start up again on July 13th. Sound good?
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    @katrinasforest Sounds good to me. :)
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    @katrinasforest Sure, I'm OK with that! I will probably keep publishing (even though I did have a short hiatus too after the end of Season 4) just because I've already got it all written out anyway, but I am also very busy with my upcoming move so this'll probably be a good time for a small break for me as well, haha.

I'll share this chapter that I wrote today on here, and then I won't bother you guys for a while either LOL! I hope you all have a great month!

@lone_cat I can't wait to read your new chapter! <3

65. Black Sunshine
    fE9JKHDs.pngO9pN2xbs.pngMCYgmc4s.png
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
    @Firande Absolutely keep posting new stuff as you have it! I'm still going keep up with reading as best I can; it just helps to know I can have a catch-up day later if I need it. :)

@lilypadmeulin I just realized I didn't update the top post yesterday, but it is updated now. So, what Charm family questions do you have for us?
    @Firande Thanks. :) Your next chapter looks good. Tori in the magic realm? That spells trouble, lol. I'm planning to get my next chapter out sometime this week.
    edited June 2020
    @lone_cat Looking forward to reading it. :)

@lilypadmeulin I just read Chapter 7, and...
    Ouch! That was pretty bold of Gemma to declare herself the head of the family like that, and the way she did it by acknowledging Darrel as head of the branch family...I really felt for him. Even though it was in character for Gemma, I wonder if she'll come to regret the friction she's starting up here later on down the line.

I feel the same way as these Sims about the cleaning spell (that, Repario, and the needs-fulfilling potion). It's like my spellcasters might as well not know anything else for as often as they use them. ^_^

And why *do* the scouts insist on kids having such big boards to hold their badges? I feel for the ones in small apartments!
    @katrinasforest

Okay, here are my questions!

1. What is your opinion of Gemma in the latest chapter?
    2. Is there a character you'd like to see more of?
    3. What do you think Minerva's opinion of the situation would be?

So I know I promised a chapter this week, but it's looking like I won't have it out until this coming week.

@lilypadmeulin Answers to your questions. :)
    1. What is your opinion of Gemma in the latest chapter?
    I think she's doing what she thinks is right and carrying on with family traditions. I guess I don't feel strongly that she is good or bad, but I don't know her full intentions. I'm not sure if she did this because she's greedy and wants the name for herself (I guess I don't get that feeling from reading the chapter and think that she split the family because it was what she felt Minerva wanted). I do feel bad for Darrell and I wonder how this will affect his family in the future. Do they not have any magical status because they've essentially been kicked out of the Charm family? Do they not get any of Minerva's inheritance because they are not part of the family anymore? You don't have to answer those questions, I'm just writing out my thoughts.

2. Is there a character you'd like to see more of?
    I am wondering about Ciara, and how she will develop as a character. Maranda mentions her as being snobby because of her magic, and I could see these two becoming rivals in the future.

3. What do you think Minerva's opinion of the situation would be?
    I think she would approve of Gemma taking over the name and having kids of her own to continue the Charm line.
    @lone_cat It's all good! Take your time to make it so you're happy with it. :)

@lilypadmeulin Answers to your questions:

1. I think she definitely blindsided Darrel, and it sure wasn't nice of her. But on the other hand, I can't say it was out of character for her. So far, she strikes me as the type of person who aggressively goes after what she wants. In some ways, that's an admirable trait in a character. (I tend to like characters who are morally gray and have both good and bad in them, so I kind of like Gemma as a character after this chapter. I mean, I wouldn't trust her if I met her in real like, though!

2. I think you've done a pretty good job of keeping the balance between all the characters' screen time so far. I'd like to see more of Darrel in upcoming chapters just to see what he does in response to Gemma.

3. I agree with lone_cat. Minerva seems similar to Gemma--to her, everything was about power. (I don't think she saw close relationships as a bad thing, but power came first.) Gemma seems to be very much following in her footsteps.
    edited July 2020
    @Firande @lone_cat @lilypadmeulin

How's everyone been doing the past few weeks? All ready to get back to our circle?

We'll be chatting about Xaos this week. I know I've got some catching up to do, but I'm looking forward to reading. :)
    @katrinasforest Doing well. :) Not much new on my end. I have a few more chapters up since I last posted here.

Can't wait to get back into reading and discussing everyone's stories. :)
    I can't wait to get back to the circle! @katrinasforest
    @lilypadmeulin Awesome! Hopefully I'll have something of my own to add to it in the near future. In the meantime, @Firande, are you still good with starting up again this week?
    Hey everyone! Oh, man... I'm so sorry for being this late. I moved a short while ago and ever since, I totally lost my usual structure and am barely still at my computer at all! But I do really love this reading circle and I will do my absolute best to think up some questions asap for Xaos!

I hope you're all doing alright. I can't wait to catch up on everyone's stories!

fgQIHTb.png
    edited July 2020
    @Firande No stress! Let's call this week our "getting back to the circle" week and tomorrow will start our Xaos discussion week. :)

Off-topic, is anyone doing the Spark'd Challenge, and if so, what category? I kept trying to think of something, but I'm the worst at romance. ^_^;;
    edited July 2020
    @katrinasforest Thank you so much! That's really sweet of you. I just finally finished catching up a bit with my own story, and just finished chapter 68... chapters 66, 67, and 68 aren't very high-effort to get through, though, but man did it take long for me to get here. :sweat_smile:

My questions for this week:
    1. For all who are caught up, what did you think of
    Mateo's chapters? How do you feel about Mateo's character and do you have any predictions for his future (role)?
    2. Any predictions for the
    StrangerVille 2.0 arc?
    3. This one may be a little random, but do you guys have any predictions for Tori and her storyline?

Chapters 69+ will contain some stuff and moments an dialogues I'm really happy with, and the Sulani storyline also continues soon-ish (Chapter 71 contains Sulani stuff)! Also getting closer and closer to the end there with Chapter 85 being the last. :scream:

I've been kind of spending my first month here as a vacationing month and it's been so incredibly hot that I haven't been able to spend much time at my computer (we don't have the luxury of a/c nor fans here in this off-the-grid living), so I'm really sorry if I'm not all caught up with you guys' stories. I do really try to get caught up again and am super excited for y'alls chapters!
    @katrinasforest I'd LOVE if you came with a new story/little something, as I absolutely love your humor and writing style. But of course there is no rush. <3

I personally haven't participated in any of the Spark'd stuff and am not really on the loop with it much either. It looks cool though and if you guys do come with something I'd love to seei it!

fgQIHTb.png
    @Firande Answers to your questions!
    1. I think Mateo is developing into a really interesting character. At first, I thought the story was going to be about him causing havoc around Strangerville. Which I was all for--villainous chaos can be all kinds of fun. But now it looks like he's starting to show hints of his softer side, and I like how you left things between him and the Mother Plant. He's not against her, but he's not really on her side either. I'm curious as he continues to develop what happens. Which, on that note...

2. I don't think the Mother Plant is at all okay with anyone telling her what to do. I think Mateo ordering her to leave him alone is just going to make her all the more determined to get him and Lauren into her clutches. I think he might end up having to protect himself with that cure sooner than he thinks. (Less likely, but an interesting alternative would be if he strikes some sort of deal with the Mother Plant--keeping him and Lauren free of the infection in exchange for helping distribute the bizarre fruit to more Strangerville citizens...or perhaps even beyond Strangerville.) I'm sure you've got a cool twist in mind. :)

3. Oo...I was thinking Tori was probably out of the picture for a while, but now that you're bringing her up, I wonder if she's part of the Strangerville 2.0 plot. Perhaps quietly assisting the Mother Plant behind the scenes? (Of course, Tori has never been one to do much of anything quietly, so maybe I'm overthinking this. ^_^;;

I'm really enjoying how Season 5 is shaping out. Your characters have all these fun layers to them, and just when I think I know exactly what they'll do, they surprise me. :)
    @Firande I didn't read any of the answers. So, I might repeat some things. And congrats on the move! :) Sounds pretty amazing, aside from not having AC.
    1. Mateo's chapters? How do you feel about Mateo's character and do you have any predictions for his future (role)?
    I like him and I feel a little sympathy for him. He sort of doesn't fit in anywhere. He's half-vampire, half-alien, so he's kind of got the best and worst of both worlds, but then it also makes him a little alienated (sorry for the pun, lol) from everyone else. And he was a secret love child, so even his family (Fenne and Calder) don't even know he exists. I do think this will influence his future in some way. I'm not sure exactly what will happen. I think he will probably end up talking to one of his family members, possibly meeting his dad, Emil? I'm not sure. Maybe Emil will come back to stop the mother plant again. It's interesting that Emil was the one that saved Strangerville, and now his unknown son is the one that ruining his hard work. I don't know if I fully trust Lauren, and I'm sure they will become romantically involved at some point. I still am wondering who her vampire dad is.

2. StrangerVille 2.0 arc?
    I'm not sure exactly what will happen. I sort of answered it in the question above. Maybe Emil comes back to Strangerville and eventually meets up with Mateo? That's my guess, but I could be way off. It probably won't be a happy reunion, since Mateo is infecting people again and talking to the mother plant.

3. This one may be a little random, but do you guys have any predictions for Tori and her storyline?
    I'm trying to remember what happened last with Tori. If I remember right, she wanted to crash Emil's wedding. Instead, James did, and got struck by lightning, but survived. Maybe James will finally stand up to Tori, and she'll get what she deserves. But Tori has a habit of coming back, can't keep her down for long, lol. Or there might be a showdown between her and Tika. She's made a lot of enemies, and I think someone will confront her, and she probably won't survive it.

@katrinasforest I haven't done any of the Spark'd challenges. I mostly see creations on the gallery, but I haven't really looked into what it involves. I'm so out of the loop, lol. Sorry, I'm not much help.
    @lone_cat It's all good. I was more curious than anything else. As I recall, they had three categories you could submit to for a particular theme. That way the simmers who are good at storytelling but not so much building design have a chance to show their strengths and vice versa.

It's also your week this week. Once again, I'm pretty sure I have some catch-up reading to do, but feel free to lay out your questions whenever you're ready. :)

Off-topic, @Firande, but did you see the leaked icon for the next game pack? It really looks like something alien-related to me. If it is, I hope they make them as cool and interesting as your take on aliens. ^_^