Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could I install TS1 on my Mac?

punkbeespunkbees Posts: 27 Member
A while back, I found a copy of The Sims in my local thrift store. I've only ever played 3 and 4 so I'd love to play 1 (and eventually 2)! I'm not sure if I'd actually be able to get the game to work on my computer. I have a 2017 MacBook Pro running OS Mojave 10.14.6. In theory, could I install and play the game, or would it be incompatible with my computer?
gallery id: punkbees || black lives matter

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Hey did you end up buying it? If yes mind telling us how it went? I'm kinda curious to know
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • punkbeespunkbees Posts: 27 Member
    @SimmerGeorge I did buy the game, but my laptop doesn't have a disc drive so I'll have to buy an external one before I can try to install it. I was holding out on doing that though cause I'm not sure if I'll even be able to get the game working. I'm really hoping it does, although that seems doubtful since even getting TS3 to work correctly on this computer is an uphill battle lmao
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Hmm I can't really say but I can tell you my Sims 1 CDs still worked on my last hp laptop with Win 10. But! It was a big challenge,.I remember I had an issue with colors and black screen sometimes.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I feel like the Sims 1 games are 32-bit because they're pretty old, and recent versions of Catalina are only compatible with 64-bit software AFAIK. So you'd need to find either an older Mac or a way to run a virtual machine with an older version of Mac OSX
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I feel like the Sims 1 games are 32-bit because they're pretty old, and recent versions of Catalina are only compatible with 64-bit software AFAIK. So you'd need to find either an older Mac or a way to run a virtual machine with an older version of Mac OSX

Thank you!
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Since you're running Mojave on the Mac, it might work but you'll possibly run into a bunch of issues because of the system.
    It definitely wouldn't work with Catalina but older MacOS still supports 32-bit.
  • LeosimsLeosims Posts: 47 Member
    Yes. But Since TS1 Is 32-Bits It may Not Work with Catalina and Newer.
    Thank you all for the suggestions! I'm gonna try a few of them and see if anything works. If it does, I'll let you know!