Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to Create Custom Townies/NPCs?

Hello!

I am having some trouble while trying to create a custom save, so I am now turning to the forums. I have built a lot of houses, and I would like to have my own custom NPCs living in them, and also I would like to create custom townies. I know about the 'mark as unplayed household' button (or whatever it's called) that makes the white plumbob above the house, but when you do that they still show up in the 'my households' section in manage worlds. Is there any way for me to make custom sims that show up in the 'other households' category?

I tried editing pre-existing townies through manage households, but it moved them to the 'my households' section when I did that... I actually already have a lot of the households I want to use already in my library, I just can't figure out how to replace the townies with them.

Any tips and help in general would be greatly appreaciated!

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The little heart down in the lower right side of the box, click it to not make it a solid color. That will unmark the household.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    This is how I do it:

Go to create new household, CAS, go to the gallery, add the sim from the gallery that you want, click continue, when asked to place them in the world, click cancel. They will end up in unplayed households and will show up as townies/npcs.
  • Options
    RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    logion wrote: »
    This is how I do it:

Go to create new household, CAS, go to the gallery, add the sim from the gallery that you want, click continue, when asked to place them in the world, click cancel. They will end up in unplayed households and will show up as townies/npcs.

But is there a way to make custom townie's/NPCs who are living in houses?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    The little heart down in the lower right side of the box, click it to not make it a solid color. That will unmark the household.

Thanks, I'll try that!
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I just did that and it worked - I can't believe I never saw that before!
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Your welcome. :)