Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nifty Knitting: Livestream!

2...Next

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    What I also really liked is that they made pretty good animations for this pack. I'm glad they didn't recycle too many of them.
    Also the animations they made were actually really good quality: smooth and interesting to watch. Not just the "teach to knit", also the "rock" and "reminisce" and even the "air guitar". Good job giving this pack and identity that several other stuff packs miss.
    Who knows maybe I won't skip this one but I'm definitely waiting for it to come out first and watch so videos, hear some feedback by the community.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    I wonder where's the cheat they promised to share...
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I wonder where's the cheat they promised to share...

It was posted on Twitter, the cheat is: cas.unlockbytag SP17
  • SimGuruSarahSimGuruSarah Posts: 53 SimGuru
    Oh, and I am very happy that we didn't get to see the new death. I am glad that I will "explore" it myself :) A surprise candy :D

There is no new death, sorry :(
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited July 2020
    only thing that is disappointing to me is that there are no mittens/gloves available to knit and that the scarfs don't come as seperat assessoirs...other than that the pack looks great, I am looking forward to ROCKING OUT TO METAL!
    ...and knitting...yeah, knitting.

Oh, and I am very happy that we didn't get to see the new death. I am glad that I will "explore" it myself :) A surprise candy :D

There is something called "the sweater curse", which is NOT a new death...at least not a physical death, judging by all I know about it.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

RavenSpit wrote: »
    There is something called "the sweater curse", which is NOT a new death...at least not a physical death, judging by all I know about it.

I love how nobody wants to spoil the sweater curse thing like it's this sacred thing haha. Well the answer is just a wiki search away but yeah the surprise might even be better. I'm really curious to see how they are going to implement that in the game. We haven't had anything similar before in a stuff pack.
    @SimGuruConor did a great job trying to keep it fresh with this 'cause yet another death would have been kind of meh
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm watching the video now. I'm pleased with the different colour options for the Grim toy.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    only thing that is disappointing to me is that there are no mittens/gloves available to knit and that the scarfs don't come as seperat assessoirs...other than that the pack looks great, I am looking forward to ROCKING OUT TO METAL!

I was hoping they’d be their own thing too, under head accessories either as their own category or under necklaces. Mittens would have also been cool, but over all I am thrilled with what I saw.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I like the fact that kids can have the unnatural hair now :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member

I was hoping they’d be their own thing too, under head accessories either as their own category or under necklaces. Mittens would have also been cool, but over all I am thrilled with what I saw.

yeah I was hoping for mittens, scarves and pillows too but at this point i am just hyped to even have socks cause tbh that is all i knit irl socks and more socks

hopefully if they make winter theme pack they can add mittens and scarves in that

and I still hope some pack in future will bring separate decorative pillows even if I can't make them

funny thing is tho I actually like the "failed" swatches better for lot of the knits cause its more colorful wish we had more of that aesthetic for knitty goods
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Yeah I was also kind of turned off by the alleged "fail" swatches 'cause they looked pretty nice to me, just more colorful.
    When I think of failed knitting I think more if actual mistakes. Like pattern mishaps or visible bad quality of wool etc.
    The fails were not really fails they were mostly cute.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @RavenSpit I agree. There are 20 million socks, but no gloves. Also I wanted the scarves separate too. I want a sim to whip the scarf around their neck and walk off in a huff. I also wanted to pair scarves with different outfits.

Oh well.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited July 2020
    Oh, I thought the curse was going to work similar to the JA curses when there is a chance my sim dies after being cursed. I googled it and now I understand. One more reason to stick with knitting only scarves for my husband :D
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Bummer that can't breath because Yarny attacked a Sim surround them with yarn isn't a new death. Oh well.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • rameshakularameshakula Posts: 1 New Member
    I actually logged in for the first time in mumblemumblemumble to comment on both the livestream (hey, chaos is fun!) and how stoked I am for the Knitting pack-which I wasn't entirely sure I was going to buy at launch.

Conor's enthusiasm, (CAN YOU SAY METAL AIR GUITAR???), the incredible new animations, and the vast number of objects added to the pack make this a stuffed to the brim pack.
    https://askmeoffers.com/
    I can't wait-and that 's not even considering the adorable baby onesies!!!

Congrats to the whole team. Clearly a lot of effort and love went into this box, and I look forward to checking it all out.

Now, where are those knitting needles?
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I have to say I am more a fan of organized streams ( @SimGuruGraham Where are you?), however, I think the team did a great job on the new SP. I also have to say I liked the blogs by Conor and Sarah a lot. We got great info on behind-the-scenes-stuff and processes.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Scobre wrote: »

Bummer that can't breath because Yarny attacked a Sim surround them with yarn isn't a new death. Oh well.

But that's so sad. Yarny is cute and kind. Yarny would never do anything like it. :'(

Maybe there will be a future update where our angry and evil sims can knit 'Evil Yarny'. Things may play out differently then... >:)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2020
    @Scobre wrote: »

But that's so sad. Yarny is cute and kind. Yarny would never do anything like it. :'(

Maybe there will be a future update where our angry and evil sims can knit 'Evil Yarny'. Things may play out differently then... >:)
    Oh that would be fun. Could have the voodoo doll control Yarny too, so it is controlled by the Sims. Yarny is very cute and kind in the video games. I hope there will be more yarn friends in the future games of that series. Then again I may have enjoyed the movie Ugly Dolls a lot too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller