Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plopsy ??

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Submit the name 'Crafts Exchange' insetad. It does not sound silly/childish and clearly tells you what the purpose is.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Plopsy is probably what the pack is!
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Plopsy the lost Teletubbie.😆

Anyway like the name for sims online selling.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I must be childish bc all I hear is the sound of 'turtle splash' with that name, and a proud parent to a toddler, asking if they made a plopsy. cracks me up.😆
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Submit the name 'Crafts Exchange' insetad. It does not sound silly/childish and clearly tells you what the purpose is.

Crafts Exchange sounds so boring and not at all sim-like though... :neutral:
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Sounds like something you would say to a toddler during potty training... “oh, did you make a plopsy?”
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I like it. I see it as placing something somewhere.

"Where should I put this?"
    "Just plop it on the table."

"Of course, you should not simply plop your preschooler in front of the television for hours on end."

I thought the same when I first read the name. I think it's fun, a little goofy but then hasn't the Sims always been a little goofy? It's part of the charm of the franchise. <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Wow, of all the things to get mad about, you choose something you can change with an XML string change mod.
    wJbomAo.png
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I like Plopsy, it's cute plus I get a laugh every time I see it lol
  • MariLxMariLx Posts: 34 Member
    I thought it was a good name to a store which purpose it's to sell knitted goods
    It's cute
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    edited May 2020
    It’s a pun on Etsy, I think it’s funny enough. Simsy was already used, I’m sure they would have used that otherwise.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member

Crafts Exchange sounds so boring and not at all sim-like though... :neutral:

Beats something that sounds like it's from potty training toddlers. For you agent buffs out there: KS6, or KS454 - aimed at muscle car fans - or anyone wanting an alternative.
  • RavennaRavenna Posts: 58 Member
    It's a Simcity 2013 reference
    Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I thought it was cute, I also think it will be a free update because they said all crafts in game can be sold on it and they advertised being able to sell the new candles and homemade soda coming in Eco Lifestyle as being able to be sold online. So it makes sense it would be a base game update since it touches so many aspects of the game, and I don’t think we will have to wait for the knitting pack. Since you can sell the items from Eco Lifestyle online it seems it would come in that pack update at the end of this month.
  • MaeglinMaeglin Posts: 4 New Member
    > @ListentoToppDogg said:
    > "Plopsy" imo should have been a free update. I can think of so many other things that they could have added to this pack instead that specifically relates to knitting.

Agreed, considering it's not limited to craftables in the same pack, but any in the game.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Smoking "Special" herbs at work makes you do odd things. I'm not affected by the name but more worried about the bugs. Eco Living was untested and it came a nest of bugs.
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    I think it sounds stupid but I love it😆😆
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Plopsy sounds very simlish to me, I don't have any issues with the name.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    Plopsy is okay to me.

In Dutch it's going to be 'Fopsy' and I am truly dissapointed.
    I guess you can translate that to English like fooling someone, and they made a joke about that..
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Mmm meh, sounds weird but I don't care to much about the name, I'm sure it is nudge to the online craft store
    etsy. Sims have said strange words in simlish before so can't be any weirder than that.
    giphy.gif

• MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Is it a pun or does it mean something? I thought it did at first but after googling it and reading one definition i dont think it is supposed to mean that lol. It sounds kinda funny and cute to me.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    The name is 👎🏽
  • QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    The name is 👎🏽

Yup. It sounds like a smelly accident a pet left on your floor.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    Plopsy is a weird name. “Plop” to me is the sound of poop falling down a toilet. (I know it’s gross, sorry).
    Other than that though it looks like a nice feature.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I love the feature but I still hate the name.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.