Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hate when I do this

Does this happen to anyone else? I get excited for specific gameplay that I want to play through and at some point during, another gameplay idea just sounds better and interesting so it makes me want to scrap that other sim and start something new. I am really bad at finishing. I started a Get Famous gameplay to have a sim successfully play through actor career, become a 5-star celeb, and buy a mansion. He's not close to buying a mansion, only at level 4 of celebrity fame and not far from being an elder. It's a much slower process than his lifespan is allowing (I play with aging on always) Anyway, I've been wanting to start a Realm of Magic gameplay (again something I started when ROM came out but didn't finish) but I hate not finishing but I don't have much desire to keep playing the GF save. I stopped my Eco Lifestyle gameplay to start the Get Famous one. I do this alot! lol. Clearly I could never play a generation challenge. haha

I am a mess

Comments

• Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I do this but with building. I'll have an architecture in mind, the world, and the lot. Start building and decide I want to build something else instead. I have un-finished builds all over my worlds because I can't just finish the one I started before.
  • Options
    amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    I get what you’re saying, I do that a lot too. I tend to play my game saves rotationally along with rotating families within each save in some games. Sometimes, I just get bored with the humdrum of my sims daily lives and have to shake things up a bit, even if that means leaving a save for a few months at a time.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    yeah this is my biggest problem tbh always be wanting to start over instead of continuing the save
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    Does this happen to anyone else? I get excited for specific gameplay that I want to play through and at some point during, another gameplay idea just sounds better and interesting so it makes me want to scrap that other sim and start something new. I am really bad at finishing. I started a Get Famous gameplay to have a sim successfully play through actor career, become a 5-star celeb, and buy a mansion. He's not close to buying a mansion, only at level 4 of celebrity fame and not far from being an elder. It's a much slower process than his lifespan is allowing (I play with aging on always) Anyway, I've been wanting to start a Realm of Magic gameplay (again something I started when ROM came out but didn't finish) but I hate not finishing but I don't have much desire to keep playing the GF save. I stopped my Eco Lifestyle gameplay to start the Get Famous one. I do this alot! lol. Clearly I could never play a generation challenge. haha

I am a mess

Exactly the same. But only because the game won’t let me do the one family I want, natively. So I waste time searching for replacements that only satisfy me temporarily.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited July 2020
    @aaronrulz
    When I want to explore new content I play with aging turned off. That allows me plenty of time before my Sim dies and turns to dust. :smiley:
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I don't 'restart', but I do wander to different Sims households depending on what I feel like playing. Why I have age-spans really long.
    I do this but with building. I'll have an architecture in mind, the world, and the lot. Start building and decide I want to build something else instead. I have un-finished builds all over my worlds because I can't just finish the one I started before.

I'm guilty of that, heh heh! :D

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I can't stand to see my Sims die, I have really long aging, like someone mentioned earlier, and play rotationally, even if I start with one sim, I end up playing thier BFF's and kids too. So when my game gets to the point that my original Sims are about to die, well, I quit playing and start a new game. Essentially, I play till about the 3rd generation comes along.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited July 2020
    I used to start new saves all the time until I had about 100 of them. It became such a chore to play them all rotationally, I eventually deleted a lot of them. Now I try to keep my saves under 50. It's still quite a chore to play them all through, but I really love my Sims and I don't want to delete any of them anymore.
    I don't know how other players can play just one or two saves. I wish I could, too.
    Maybe all my saves are the reason I never get bored of Sims 4.
  • Options
    NeonEastNeonEast Posts: 31 Member
    Same. When I finish a sim I like and finally play them with a story in mind, I immediately get an idea for another sim with another story and forget about the last sim I played!
    Origin ID: NeonEast ◊
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    @Kimmer, You're hard-core, wow! 100 different saves? Wow. I have basically 1 (That I play). But I have past saves if I want to "look back in time" so to speak.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    KnightofthehedgeKnightofthehedge Posts: 13 New Member
    Realised I have 17 saves now for this exact reason so I understand. I have a few for premades, some for challenges, one just for vampires, some just cause a storyline came into my head and I wanted a fresh save for it lol and a few for specific pack game plays aaah sometimes I get a little overwhelmed when I open the game cause I can't decide which one I want to okay with
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    edited July 2020
    I am the exact same way! I thought I was the only one who did this! That's why it's so hard for me to get through jobs and such because I always come up with a better idea and want to start over. I never play until my Sim reaches the elder stage because I'd be too sad when they died. Yeah they aren't real but it's still not a pleasant thing to see. I was doing this with the acting career. It was fun how different each stage was in that career but then I just got tired of it and wanted something different. Now I'm annoyed at myself for not finishing off that career but I feel weird for going back to it. lol

I am a mess
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Haha it's called restartitis and there's a help group for it somewhere :D

I do it all the time. In fact, I'm just setting up a new game from a new idea right now.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Guilty! I have so many saves! I have only finished one legacy challenge - the Not So Berry - took a lot of determination. I have just started a legacy, but I already want to do something else. I also get distracted when I get a new pack and start a new save so I can explore the pack.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,383 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I used to start new saves all the time until I had about 100 of them. It became such a chore to play them all rotationally, I eventually deleted a lot of them. Now I try to keep my saves under 50. It's still quite a chore to play them all through, but I really love my Sims and I don't want to delete any of them anymore.
    I don't know how other players can play just one or two saves. I wish I could, too.
    Maybe all my saves are the reason I never get bored of Sims 4.

I have two saves. One for one household and which I haven't played in years, and the other one for abut 15 households which I play on random rotation. They are there roaming freely and making surprise appearances and sometimes I get new ideas for their stories after I see them interacting in the neighbourhoods while I play other sims.
  • Options
    HappyssummerHappyssummer Posts: 37 Member
    I am doing the decade challenge third time lucky lol but I've got baby challenge and just normal game play so they are there when I am bored of one hipefully I'll go back to the baby challenge soon 🤣
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited July 2020

I am a mess
    I totally do this, but I don't mind going back and playing a save I've already began. Unfortunately it means I have like 12 saves...
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member

I am a mess

I do exactly this. And I see nothing wrong with it. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    You should try rotational play with aging off, I have multiple households started for different reasons in the same gamesave, when I am bored of one I just go to another and can always go back to pick up the other play when I want to and continue where I left off.
    So, when I wanna play with ECO I go to household X, when I want more magic I go to household Y and so on, besides that, them all existing in the same save makes the world more full and interesting to me, than just a bunch of NPCs walking arround.

I played through the acting career and the sim is still there, he is a father of 3 and grandfather of 4 sims and they all have their own stories and styles to play, some are more "normal" others are techie, others occults, eco and so on.
    I never really got why people would create new gamesaves for each household, maybe for some challenges it makes sense, but I like it much better to have everything and everyone in the same gamesave.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    See I play with a Story in mind, I don't play the Sims 4, I use the sims 4 as a Storyboard to play with.
    I only have two saves, that are of the same story, just severed into two parts. a Ancient-Medieval Fantasy and a Modern 1800s-2020s fantasy.

I have several households, and rotate those households daily, although I spend most of my time building and setting the stage than playing the story. The Story is the challenge, all the other playstyles are but a subcategory under my story.

All the characters that I've created, their stories and destinies are woven together. Sim A, can't progress onto the next chapter until Sims B-Z have all finished playing their part in the story. so it's easier to keep track of. So I'm not burnt out playing a specific pack because I want to be continuously playing with that pack until the story is "over." The whole story heavily relies on Realm Of Magic, Seasons, Vampires, (I need Werewolves), Get Together, Get Famous, Get To Work, Romantic Garden, Dine Out, and Vintage Glamour.

I've only had to restart the story in 2016, when I mistakenly Deleted my previous saves, and started from scratch.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    Guilty here, too. I keep starting stories or lets plays and just giving up on them. My legacy flopped before I got to Gen 3. I just keep having a really good idea, starting to do it, giving up, and then the next day I'm building a medieval castle or something because it seemed like a fun thing to do.
    I used to play rotational and be able to control it, but now my computer is dying I can only have one household per save because of lag. My best trick for it? Just go with it. Or, make one sim, and have them do ally your ideas as and when they come to you. Want to start a legacy? Do it with that sim. Then, when you invariably get bored five seconds later and decide to make a celebrity chef, have a sim move out and join the culinary career.
    Or you know, just have fifty saves and deal with it.
    banner.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member

I am a mess

Try playing on Long. That way you can have aging on, as I do, and have way more time to get your Sim to goal. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I've been playing my sims family for 14 generations (every generation I play through a different career) and sometimes I wanna start a new save but I get stuck in CAS because I can't be bothered to make sims. I used to like creating sims and now it's just an ugh... So, I just keep on playing that same family.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Jupp!

I got the gist of what I want to do with the heir to my main sim when she turns into a YA.

My main sim just moved in with her boyfriend so there are a few life stages to go before that, lol.

I got better at not restarting all the time. Now I distract myself with more building on the side if I start itching too much for new stuff.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member

I am a mess

Well maybe its time to try something new? Why not make the current sim, your Get Famous sim become a spellcaster if that's what you want to play with right now?
    He can try and learn the immortality potion before his time is up to then complete the famous idea you had at the start.

It seems like you are very set in your ways of strictly playing with one pack, meaning you have to restart every time you want to play something else. I can see how that can get stale fast if that is the case. Maybe try a bit of mix and match and see if that is fun.

Or if you don't want to turn your sim into a spellcaster, just add a spellcaster to his household to play at the same time. That way you can progress with the fame for your sim while still exploring Realm of Magic with the other.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack