Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will the Supernatural series EVER be finished?

Comments

• Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    edited July 2020
    @Ember_Fox No not an expansion/game pack a game specifically dedicated to occults. They've done this since TS1 every time something seems like it's missing or just plain off. In TS4 people complained about the packs features and the game packs got nerfed which I completely disagree with. The people who payed for an occult pack got screwed over because others didn't want vampires, aliens, and spellcasters ruining their game. If that was the case they shouldn't have bought an occult pack. EA nor Maxis (same people, different groups) hasn't said a word about it. They literally ripped off the occult players by stripping the packs down to the bare minimum to please non occult fans. Which is BS! My personal opinion is that they need to issue a refund or fix it to the way it's supposed to work. I don't see either happening. *sorry went on a bit of a rant there*

An occult simulation game.. we'll call it Sims Supernatural that they release EP, GP, SP or EP, SP for just like the sims series. As for vampires food we can come up with something not sure what atm through. Just thought that this would be an epic solo game idea. I would play it, I'm not a fan of occults in TS because they are so watered down. I want my occults to be able to live their best lives doing what their lore says they can do instead of the p or pg rating that the current ones can do. Depth. Deep mysterious lore. More Depth.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    "ThErE's ToO mUcH oCcUlT gAmE pLaY, iT's NoT rEaLIsTiC! ReEeEe!"

For some reason I read that in lilsimsie's voice and I was not amused...

Oh dear XD Lilsimsie is a sim YouTuber, right? I don't follow a lot of Gamechangers or Youtubers outside of Carl and LGR.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    Occults were never a focus. They originally were random, small parts of a game added for shiggles. Fairies and werewolves only came out in TS3. To expect them to be added to 4 is unrealistic. They aren't an occult type that's been featured in every iteration like vampires.

Actually, there were werewolves in the sims 2, they came as an occult life state in Pets. The way you became a werewolf was by befriending a big black wolf with glowing yellow eyes, the sim in question would get "nibbled" by the wolf and would transform the next night or immediately if they were "nibbled" at night. Granted much like the vampire life state in the sims 2 they were just a different "skin" for the sim, and not much changed for the sim in question other than being hairier.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    Is it weird that I want them to create a "Heckscape" in Sims that comes with demon/succubus life state?
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Don't forget that not everyone wants supernatural/occult content in their games. Some might be more "realism" type players, others may have religious objections (or their parents may have objections if the player is still at home). And Supernatural may have been the second worst pack of Sims3 (Showtime edges it out) because it was supernatural overload; all the occult types were watered down with the possible exception of vampires that got an upgrade over the Late Night variety. With the current trend of GPs devoted to supernaturals, it's easier for people to skip them without feeling like they're missing an entire EP, and more developer time/energy/budget can be focused on occult gameplay.

Well, we've had knitting shoved down our throats, so you can tolerate some werewolves and fairies. And since the community pack before was laundry, it only seems fair. Besides, "family play" got its GP too.

hack yeah
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    If Sims 4 does a ack on werewolves,I hope the werewolves will be 100 times better than the Sims 3 werewolves. To me,the Sims 3 werewolves just looked like people glued hair to their faces.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Werescythe wrote: »
    Is it weird that I want them to create a "Heckscape" in Sims that comes with demon/succubus life state?

cool
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member

Oh dear XD Lilsimsie is a sim YouTuber, right? I don't follow a lot of Gamechangers or Youtubers outside of Carl and LGR.

She is a very strong advocate for realism only but she did a stream where she challenged herself to see what Occult she could possibly stand if she had one in a household. I forget her comments but I think she hates ghosts the most
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »

She is a very strong advocate for realism only but she did a stream where she challenged herself to see what Occult she could possibly stand if she had one in a household. I forget her comments but I think she hates ghosts the most

I just remembered on video of hers "trying" to play occults and basically saying how much she dislikes then for 15-20 minutes straight. She is a little whiny.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    I don't see why ppl hate occults I mean vampires kind of a problem but...
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Ember_FoxEmber_Fox Posts: 46 Member
    @kaylin205
    I see what you mean. Thank you for explaining. And yes it makes me sad as well that occults got nerfed :( I would prefer that Sims 4 were better with them since I do enjoy playing both occults and non occults and having them interact with each other. But an occult simulation game with their own EP, GP, SP would be fun to play as well. I would definitely buy it. As for vampire food I guess they could always feed off other occults or maybe buy plasma packs from plasma banks?
    WolfNate wrote: »

Ah, that makes sense. People like her are what ruins the fun for other people, they're the reason why vampires have been nerfed. Seriously, if you don't like occult gameplay, don't buy the pack, you can just ignore it. If you don't want ghosts, sell the urns or have the spirit move on so they don't "haunt" the house. It's that simple. I don't get why people can't grasp that?
    Ember_Fox wrote: »
    @kaylin205
    I see what you mean. Thank you for explaining. And yes it makes me sad as well that occults got nerfed :( I would prefer that Sims 4 were better with them since I do enjoy playing both occults and non occults and having them interact with each other. But an occult simulation game with their own EP, GP, SP would be fun to play as well. I would definitely buy it. As for vampire food I guess they could always feed off other occults or maybe buy plasma packs from plasma banks?

Humans are a staple in many occult/fantasy style games, movies, books etc so I could see humans being in such a game, but being more of a food source maybe? Or at least part of the gameplay, but obviously the main focus would be the occults.

Ah, that makes sense. People like her are what ruins the fun for other people, they're the reason why vampires have been nerfed. Seriously, if you don't like occult gameplay, don't buy the pack, you can just ignore it. If you don't want ghosts, sell the urns or have the spirit move on so they don't "haunt" the house. It's that simple. I don't get why people can't grasp that?

"But I like the decorations!! How dare EA make a pack with mechanics I hate but awesome CAS items smh cater to me!!!" And here we are...
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    A toggle to turn them on/off would be enough to please the people who go out of their way to buy didcated supernatural packs. This way they also would not need to nerf them down if they came as a side feature in an expansion pack. Someone said they wanted a toggle for aliens and i understand that since the pack they were included with had many other features that people with realistic gameplay also use.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I am still hoping for an occult EP, including more than one occult, some occult careers and a bigger occult world with darker and lighter neighborhoods.
    Werwolfs and fairies, fortune teller and ghosthunter, a dark forest area, a fairy meadows area and a medievil town area would be great.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2020
    It's sad I actually have to use mods cc and imagination to make my game feel "magical" because like someone mentioned here even the occults feel like regular people unless you force them to do something. I think vampires were done perfectly but everyone else are just like humans with a bit of spice. The witches literally feel like Harry Potter knock offs.

And I will never forgive the occult nerfing from people complaining. I rarely ever complain about any sort of realism and I actually welcome family play. The more the better. But it seems so unfair that us occult lovers should suffer because we try to be quiet and nice about it. My sister tried for like a month straight so hard to get her male sim abducted before she gave up. I was researching tips and tricks with no luck.
    I've never gotten abducted either, break ins are non existant in my game and it wasn't like that when I first got the pack. No threats whatsoever ever. Ghosts are my best friends inviting me out to dinner and witches are well.... people who never use magic without direction. And we have not one fantasy world to live in. Forgotten hallow looks like a regular town that's darker and it's way too small for all of my vamps. 😢😢😢😢
    Even if zombies and wearwolves or fairies do come I'm afraid of how human they will be.

Only way I might feel better is if happy haunts become a thing but they actually do it justice 😭😭😭 and that the gurus don't bend for the realism lovers who are going to buy it and go mad

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    Mermaids were shipped without a special grave/urn or baby bassinet (and unless they snuck it past me they still don't have it even though servos do). Mermaids can't use dock ladders even though the use pool ladders, pool floats, and boats just fine by switching to legs first. I have such little faith in occult life states being shipped as a side note to a large EP now. I would like the next one to be better planned out.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Akil wrote: »
    Mermaids were shipped without a special grave/urn or baby bassinet (and unless they snuck it past me they still don't have it even though servos do). Mermaids can't use dock ladders even though the use pool ladders, pool floats, and boats just fine by switching to legs first. I have such little faith in occult life states being shipped as a side note to a large EP now. I would like the next one to be better planned out.

Ugh, that's true. How can they not have their own urns and cradles? I mean, I felt let down that there wasn't seashell and kelp furniture for them, but the urns and bassinets? Shame.
    #Team Occult
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    as a player here i am being honest but supernaturals are not my cup of tea in game if indeed they bring them back as a player i would only be interested in the buy build mode content, not the life state itself but do answer this simple question what will you do if no new super naturals life state are added to the sims4? i am only being honest here not a critic here and if they are working on the sims5 they might have reduce the budget for sims4 so as a player i have doubts they will add new super naturals life states
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    as a player here i am being honest but supernaturals are not my cup of tea in game if indeed they bring them back as a player i would only be interested in the buy build mode content, not the life state itself but do answer this simple question what will you do if no new super naturals life state are added to the sims4? i am only being honest here not a critic here and if they are working on the sims5 they might have reduce the budget for sims4 so as a player i have doubts they will add new super naturals life states

I'm not sure what you mean by your question.

But to the rest, I don't think you should count on them eliminating Supernaturals altogether just because you don't like them. The year they released Vampires was the year sales suddenly picked up for Sims 4. A lot of people in the forums credited the release of Toddlers, but as we know from info released earlier this year, many, many more Vampires were created by players than Toddlers in Sims 4's reign. It could have been a combination, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Also, Happy Haunts was revealed to be a very close second choice behind Arts and Crafts for the community Stuff Pack. It beat three other more "normal" categories.

Supernaturals aren't going anywhere. If anything, more players are embracing them. At least, that's the perspective I'm getting from the data.
    #Team Occult
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    Well, we had a Cats and Dogs pack as well as a First Pet pack, so could we have a animal/human hybrid pack? That could be interesting/supernatural. :smile:
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    @Ember_Fox No not an expansion/game pack a game specifically dedicated to occults. They've done this since TS1 every time something seems like it's missing or just plain off. In TS4 people complained about the packs features and the game packs got nerfed which I completely disagree with. The people who payed for an occult pack got screwed over because others didn't want vampires, aliens, and spellcasters ruining their game. If that was the case they shouldn't have bought an occult pack. EA nor Maxis (same people, different groups) hasn't said a word about it. They literally ripped off the occult players by stripping the packs down to the bare minimum to please non occult fans. Which is BS! My personal opinion is that they need to issue a refund or fix it to the way it's supposed to work. I don't see either happening. *sorry went on a bit of a rant there*

An occult simulation game.. we'll call it Sims Supernatural that they release EP, GP, SP or EP, SP for just like the sims series. As for vampires food we can come up with something not sure what atm through. Just thought that this would be an epic solo game idea. I would play it, I'm not a fan of occults in TS because they are so watered down. I want my occults to be able to live their best lives doing what their lore says they can do instead of the p or pg rating that the current ones can do. Depth. Deep mysterious lore. More Depth.

Sort of like Sims Medieval, a separate game, but this one dedicated to fantasy? I would absolutely buy something like that. Even if I had to buy two games, one regular Sims game with zero magic, and another one focused on that, I would. If it meant every occult and world would be properly developed and constantly added to, oh 100%. And I would add a human lifestate as well so we could have dissidents/slayers/hunters/victims for sure. And in case you wanted to play a human being turned or forbidden human/occult romances or something (this would need a solid base game too, obviously, with solid personalities, interactions, relationships, emotions, etc to create proper stories). If they ever decided to split occults into a separate game in future iterations, I'd go for it.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Happy haunts would make a great game pack, supernatural careers, spirit boards, crystal ball and ZOMBIES, sims can become a zombie as resurrection gone wrong 😊
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    I am still hoping for an occult EP, including more than one occult, some occult careers and a bigger occult world with darker and lighter neighborhoods.
    Werwolfs and fairies, fortune teller and ghosthunter, a dark forest area, a fairy meadows area and a medievil town area would be great.

Need I remind you of the hot mess of Sims 3 Supernatural? With zombies eating your potion ingrendients on a weekly basis unless you turned full moon off?