Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nifty Knitting: What Do Metalheads Want? \m/

2...Next

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    A mosh pit. Well that's not gonna happen so maybe some Russian metalcore?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    Pirate metal?

@Mariefoxprice83 Check out a band called Alestorm. You're wlecome! \m/
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Iron/bronze age metal

https://youtu.be/2wy-W-pYlds

Technically, this is industrial.

Thank you for sharing @Movotti ! I'm going to listen to some more of their songs. They remind me of what Wadruna (Gaahl from Gogoroth's project) could become if they experimented more.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Duende wrote: »
    Pirate metal?

They are the only pirate metal band I know, to be honest. :) I'm very much a novice in this area but I love the few songs I know.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Duende wrote: »
    Pirate metal?

They are the only pirate metal band I know, to be honest. :) I'm very much a novice in this area but I love the few songs I know.

They're very niche even within metal, but check out the Dread Crew of Oddwood. They play all acoustic/renaissance instruments and call their style "heavy mahogany."
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    I am more into doom metal, but I don't think that will ever happen :p
    No other big metal wishes for me, I am just happy it's finally coming!

( i can not express how much I want bands in the game )
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I mean I would love some Evanescence but they don't do stuff like that.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ButteredToastButteredToast Posts: 47 Member
    I'm kind of old and don't know much about metal but I like Slipknot (to be honest more due to their masks than anything. I found their masks mysteriously appealing to me).
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited July 2020
    Here are the bands. They showed it on the livestream.

qyvaEGf.png

I am happy to see Trivium, High on Fire and The Hu.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited July 2020
    @logion wrote: »

qyvaEGf.png

Good stuff. Although I'm always looking out for a more Industrial tone (NIN <3 ). Also not sure what the 3 last pieces of music are. In-house recordings most likely.
    At least The Hu didn't have to translate their stuff into Simlish...

Tablet of the Reaper...is this a hint for Happy Haunts? B)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Oooh my type of thread! \m/

I am really looking forward the metal radio station. I've been wanting it for so long, and the new interactions seem fun :smiley: The combination with knitting is somewhat hilarious, but I am a wee bit of a knitter as well as a metalhead, so this pack calls to me.

Black metal in the Sims 2 was really strange and quite off putting. I think its a more acquired taste, but that's just me.

And to answer your questions,
    1) Yes! :D

2) Classic death metal would be fab. The old school growly Morbid Angel or Death would be entertaining for a knitting pack :lol: I also think Mastodon would be a great addition, or Soulfly. Okay, they are more 'crowd friendly' than a lot of bands I would like to hear, but something like Blood and Thunder would be a great. My ultimate dream would be one of my favourites, Gojira, but maybe some of their more recent stuff. The thought of a Simlish cover of Stranded tickles me :lol:

Here's a gif just because...
    GH24JWM.gif

it would probably raise the rating though. cause of the word death.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

The word "death" is already in the game. (Death flower, witness death action, death by X...) At least in English
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    logion wrote: »

qyvaEGf.png

THEY GOT TRIVIUM ON THE SIMS 4??!!! KHAKJHSGKHFGHLK;ADJLAKS.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Although I'm always looking out for a more Industrial tone (NIN <3 ).
    Oh. Hello.
    I've been a nin fan since forever.
    I'd be happy if they included some Gary Numan. His new stuff is pretty good.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I like the metal station - although I don't know some of the bands! :open_mouth: I love the air guitar interaction too. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the 'brutally dance' interaction. I thought that would be a wee bit of moshing :neutral:

I am really looking forward the metal radio station. I've been wanting it for so long, and the new interactions seem fun :smiley: The combination with knitting is somewhat hilarious, but I am a wee bit of a knitter as well as a metalhead, so this pack calls to me.

Black metal in the Sims 2 was really strange and quite off putting. I think its a more acquired taste, but that's just me.

2) Classic death metal would be fab. The old school growly Morbid Angel or Death would be entertaining for a knitting pack :lol: I also think Mastodon would be a great addition, or Soulfly. Okay, they are more 'crowd friendly' than a lot of bands I would like to hear, but something like Blood and Thunder would be a great. My ultimate dream would be one of my favourites, Gojira, but maybe some of their more recent stuff. The thought of a Simlish cover of Stranded tickles me :lol:

GH24JWM.gif

For a Teen rated game I think the word 'death' would be fine. And as @DaWaterRat had said the word 'death' already appears in the game :smiley:

giphy.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    logion wrote: »

qyvaEGf.png

THEY GOT TRIVIUM ON THE SIMS 4??!!! KHAKJHSGKHFGHLK;ADJLAKS.

I guess we'll be rocking the chairs, then? ;)

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I like the metal station - although I don't know some of the bands! :open_mouth: I love the air guitar interaction too. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the 'brutally dance' interaction. I thought that would be a wee bit of moshing :neutral:

GH24JWM.gif

For a Teen rated game I think the word 'death' would be fine. And as @DaWaterRat had said the word 'death' already appears in the game :smiley:

I mean, if this was okay for KIDS...!

https://youtu.be/6zowAmYGwIM

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    edited October 2020
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited November 2020
    I have no problem with The HU, and honestly given how much play they get on US radio stations as of late made them a good choice. However, I think European folk metal; as well as some odder stuff like Lordi really should have gotten a nod in the game. There are tons of subgenres of metal, and even sub-sub genres. Should've been explored a lot more. Heck, Amon Amarth is a European act that gets a ton of US airplay as of late.

My metal tastes, however, tend to lean more towards thrash, New Wave of British Heavy Metal, and a bit of power metal.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Love the Metal station. I have also gone ahead and moved some metal songs imported in from the spooky station to the Metal station (and then made the Spooky station for goth music).
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    Wait, what? The knitting expansion has heavy metal in it ???

Wow, my sims would have something to listen to besides the classical and spooky stations?