Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nifty Knitting Patch Surprise

Comments

• TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I'm kinda hoping for some CAS updates, to be honest. Either assets or UI updates...

Or both. Both is good!

On that front, I hope they'll one day add an icon for career rewards (maybe a bowtie or something) - we have CC marked with wrench so why not mark career rewards to better find them? Or at least a way to filter them...
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited July 2020
    A career outfit tab would be wonderful! Would be great if Sims could wear something different to work each day like you can with all the other outfit categories.

Yeah, I just want a CAS overhaul patch!

EDIT: Also, weren't they asking about what people wanted if CAS were to be updated in one of the recent surveys? I seem to remember writing an epic love story of my CAS wants and aspirations and ran out of room...
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    I'm kinda hoping for some CAS updates, to be honest. Either assets or UI updates...

Or both. Both is good!

This makes a lot of sense, since CAS unlocks will be part of the pack. Would make sense for the CAS UI to get an update for base game as well.

Maybe we’ll finally get some kind of “show hidden objects” and “ignore gameplay unlocks entitlement” cheat for CAS the way we have for build/buy.

I really hope it's an unlock! This would make my Sim creating so much smoother and easier. It's something I've wanted since I started playing.
    #Team Occult
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    For a surprise that is supposed to be so small they really hyped it up a little too early and now the community is going crazy over it.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm expecting the update to be a outfit or 2 for babies not tied to the knitting pack so that changing babies outfits becomes a base game feature.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    i think it will be a few items that didn't make the final vote but were cute enough to get added as a tiny surprise
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I think that we will get Mrs Crumplebottom. I remember that she could knitting in TS2

latest?cb=20101026140850
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    I got excited this morning when I turned on my playstation and it said it was updating to version 1.28 but it turned out to be a bug fix :frowning:
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    I think that we will get Mrs Crumplebottom. I remember that she could knitting in TS2

latest?cb=20101026140850
    I wish. She is one of my favorite NPCs.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I think it will be one or two pieces of clothing for babies. (hint "tiny")
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Does anyone know when this patch is meant to be released? I'm guessing Thursday
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member

Tuesday is usually patch day isn't it?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    edited July 2020

Tuesday is usually patch day isn't it?

Tuesday, if the release is on a Friday.

Thursday or Friday, if the release is on a Tuesday. Which is the case with NK.

Main thing is to recognize any major bugs, plus modders have a chance to hotfix their content before the pack comes out.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Or mabey they will add plopsy to the base game ( highly unlikely )

Plopsy is one of the big reasons why I consider buying the pack so I’m not so sure that would be a good thing money-wise.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Or mabey they will add plopsy to the base game ( highly unlikely )

Plopsy is one of the big reasons why I consider buying the pack so I’m not so sure that would be a good thing money-wise.

With island living they added stilts and sun loungers to the base game
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    If Plopsy is going to be in the base game, the fact that it was highlighted in the trailer would be so misleading and weird.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    So Flopsy is supposed to be like a Sims version of Etsy or something like that? So you can possibly sell your junk for more than you would normally get by just selling it from the inventory?

This one is called ‘Plopsy’ though. ;)

I think ‘Flopsy’ is the platform that allows your sim to buy, sell and adopt small furry animals like rabbits, chinchillas and guinea pigs. (Just kidding. Don’t get excited folks.)

But you’re correct. Your sim will be able to sell their arts and crafts via Plopsy for more than they would via their inventories. I believe this includes all things knitted, woodwork, paintings, flower arrangements and potions and probably all the crafted stuff from EL and robot toys from DU.
    I’m not sure about just any junk, although I can’t see why not. If Plopsy allows me to sell that mysterious large amount of Clay Lumps that seem to infest my sim’s inventory, my sim would make some good profit.
    Fabulously Wealthy Aspiration completed.

I'm sure they will also be able to sell their shells they collected on the beach in Sulani. It's too bad sims can't sell their own food though eg cakes,pies etc.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Chaton wrote: »
    The gurus said that we are not getting a baby update with this patch. Could they be lying to keep the surprise ? If I'm not mistaken, usually they just don't say anything at all, so I find it odd that they would mention it.
    I have no idea, I'm just genuinely asking. I still find it strange that they didn't show the babies with their new onesies in the trailer.

They usually say something when they see people getting too hyped, to avoid big disapointments.

I'm personally hoping for new eyelashes especially for females.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited July 2020
    Well, we now know at least two things that are coming, thanks to the stream.

The subtle saucer light is getting a smaller cousin and a price reduction. And...

The stream was stuttering a lot for me, so I may have missed if there was something else.
  • adele_katadele_kat Posts: 130 Member
    edited July 2020
    After that you can't tell they don't listen to the players...

They absolutely listen to... the game changers.
    giphy.gif
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Well, we now know at least two things that are coming, thanks to the stream.

The subtle saucer light is getting a smaller cousin and a price reduction. And...

The stream was stuttering a lot for me, so I may have missed if there was something else.

That was actually very good news for me. I used to have a smaller CC version of the subtle saucer, but got rid of it when we got the option to downsize stuff. It was a hassle though because I use it all the time and everywhere. Not so psyched about naming the cowplant. That thing creeps me out, but good for the players who like it.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

That was actually very good news for me. I used to have a smaller CC version of the subtle saucer, but got rid of it when we got the option to downsize stuff. It was a hassle though because I use it all the time and everywhere. Not so psyched about naming the cowplant. That thing creeps me out, but good for the players who like it.

I, personally, don't have cowplants unless I've got a sim following the freelance botanist aspiration, so it doesn't actually mean much for me either. But I still think it's cute that they did it, though.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Bessy is getting named!! I am so happy :smiley: