Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We can knit BABY CLOTHES!! Babies can wear! 👶🏼

2...Next

Comments

• happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Very curious about how this will work though, because as far as I know, in default replacement of baby outfits, texture was tied to gender&skintone, so each skintone had a texture part you would need to replace, and not a separate universal onesie that all babies share.
    The onesie being part of the texture of the baby object, not an outfit.

Even if we don't get THE baby update, are they gonna have to update *something* for it to work ?

Or is it just gonna be a bank of textures, each skintone (9 I think ?) having default onesie + one texture per knitted onesie (x12) to pull from ?

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    It is definitely a start for babies and the outfits are adorable
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    edited September 2020
    _________
    Post edited by PreCiious on
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    I would assume this is the first step to updated babies, maybe not soon but inevitably they'll get to it, seeing as they're already working on coding in new outfits for them.

Doubt they'd do it if they didn't have some sort of plan ahead
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    edited July 2020
    That makes me so happy, finally!
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    That is so exciting! I am mostly happy because we can sell what we made. I am always looking for new and fun ways for my sims to earn money.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited July 2020
    I was originally not going to get this pack at all, but adding infant onsies changed my mind on that! I was honestly so disappointed that Happy Haunts was beat by the most boring vanilla thing that could have possibly been chosen, but adding something for parents/grandparents to do for their children/grandchildren makes it worth it to at least get this pack on sale.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Being able to dress babies will give the lifestage a lot more personality.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member
    I think this is a big step in the right direction. Even if it's just being able to change clothes, it's a step towards babies feeling more like babies.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Those outfits are super cute.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Baby onesies! Just thought I would share this shot from the livestream.

iRTCyry.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited July 2020

iRTCyry.jpg

SimGuruConor soon got rid of that baby though didn't he? Deleted it. Crying babies, ugh! :'(:D
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

iRTCyry.jpg

adorable. hopefully one day our sims can take him out.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,484 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Yay. Now just be able to move the babies from one bassinet to another (or some other baby furniture like a play mat or a bouncy chair) and that will be all the baby updates I need.

(I realize and acknowledge that others still want more than that.)

I would gladly start with what you mentioned. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • nurse167nurse167 Posts: 1 New Member
    How do you download Nifty Knitting? It's 7:00 am here.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »

iRTCyry.jpg

adorable. hopefully one day our sims can take him out.

I understand why a lot of players want to do more with babies, but I am still skeptical about detaching them from the cribs. In TS3 I would frequently visit townies and find babies on the floor, sometimes even on the porch. For some reason it really bothered me. And if the past few years have shown anything, it is that Sims have not gotten smarter.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2020
    Here are all the little outfits for babies,

BIG SPOILER

IJ8lxRo.png