Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why five hours ?

Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
edited July 2020 in The Sims Spark'd
I don't understand why they only gave the team five hours for the elimination challenge. It should been eight hours a least. Beacause not only they had to make two families, but make a video on top of that. With a cohesive story as well.

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I don't understand why they only gave the team five hours for the elimination challenge. It should been eight hours a least. Beacause not only they had to make two families, but make a video on top of that. With a cohesive story as well.

Maybe because it was filmed at Sims Camp and they wanted to keep the filming time short.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member

Maybe because it was filmed at Sims Camp and they wanted to keep the filming time short.

Maybe they didn't want to overwhelmed the editing crew.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

Maybe they didn't want to overwhelmed the editing crew.

If they gave enough time then everyone would have filmed a masterpiece and it would have been very difficult to judge. So they put time constraints as a handicap to make things difficult for participants and easier for the judges to make somewhat objective decisions.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Clearly you guys never watched Face Off. The time was to challenge the teams/contestants ability to manage their time and make something decent the only motive for a timer was to pressure them to work their butts off.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    No idea. Especially with the building factor. Builds can take all day to make. I don't understand more restrictive time constraints lately given on Simmers. Seems to put them in an unhealthy situation. It would have been better if they had focused on one area at a time and then edit it in a hour episode.

But yes this is the format I wish Spark'd had instead. It is a much healthier and wholesome competition:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBdoJjDA1cs
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I noticed in today's episode that they got 6 hours, and a break to go back to their hotel to sleep midway through (so I guess that was filmed towards the end of the day).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    idk i like the pressure of it though.