Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Don't Know Who My Sim is Married to

Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
I was trying to get two sims engaged, but the propose engagement option would not come up. I then realized that one of the sims had a wedding ring. However, I've played her since she was born, and I've never had her get engaged to anyone. She has no memories of getting engaged and she's not engaged to anyone in her relationship panel. She did have a child with another sim, but they never got engaged or married, and the other sim can propose engagement to his current love. What happened?!

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Hmm...
    Have you checked the family tree? You can find it in relationship panel.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Hmm...
    Have you checked the family tree? You can find it in relationship panel.

Yes, but she isn’t married to anyone according to it.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2020
    Is one of them a young adult? They can't get married until they have grown into adulthood, even if they can come into and date and visit the Sims in the mainhood. I'm only asking this since one time I used the wishing well to produce my Sim a date/mate. They got along very well, dated, etc. but when it came time to propose was the only time I realised the well had sent a young adult. ETA: Are you sure it's a wedding ring? Sims wear rings and they aren't wedding rings in TS2 most of the time. Sims also can't get engaged to someone until they first break off the previous engagement. Or if age cheat is used on a teen which might have been going steady with someone may be a glitch with that.

Use SimPe to see what's the status of your Sims.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Cinebar She was going steady with someone as a teen and never broke up with him. That could be it. And she’s not a young adult.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @Cinebar She was going steady with someone as a teen and never broke up with him. That could be it. And she’s not a young adult.

I can't remember how to fix this but maybe search for the answer like adult Sim didn't break up when a teen etc. I'm not sure if SimPE can fix this or not. Or you might have to age her down to a teen (which might cause a little bit of corruption) have her break up then age her back up to an adult. But I would back up that hood just in case you just want to revert back to how it is now.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.