Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New gallery update coming soon?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited June 2020
    No I don't care about GameChangers
    I can‘t stand how Youtuber-centric this game is becoming.

Well I mean whenever there are bugs and other problems caught in-game, the gurus seem to only listen to those youtuber accounts with the little blue check next to their names. I think it's kind of messed up that when regular simmers (like myself) have gone on to report issues/ask questions to specific gurus and the official Sims twitter only to hear *crickets*...It has completely discouraged me from ever attempting to contact any Sims/EA officials on important matters because I am not "popular enough", so therefore my problems are not important.

the gurus dont take care of bugs if you want help with that go to ea bug forum @AedanStarfang

The guys who fix the bugs are also 'SimGurus'.

regardless its best to go to the bug forum most gurus don't work on bugs
    and if you talk to ones that do they will tell you to make a bug report on the bug forum @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    so they can help you
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited June 2020

Well I mean whenever there are bugs and other problems caught in-game, the gurus seem to only listen to those youtuber accounts with the little blue check next to their names. I think it's kind of messed up that when regular simmers (like myself) have gone on to report issues/ask questions to specific gurus and the official Sims twitter only to hear *crickets*...It has completely discouraged me from ever attempting to contact any Sims/EA officials on important matters because I am not "popular enough", so therefore my problems are not important.

the gurus dont take care of bugs if you want help with that go to ea bug forum @AedanStarfang

Yea and 90% of the time their go-to solutions are "REMOVE MODS & CC!" or "REPAIR GAME!!1!" (and anything that cannot be fixed via those means seems to be beyond their scope of understanding). I'm better off waiting for a fan fix or seeing if the devs actually bother to patch in a fix, because honestly I cannot even begin to be bothered with these "did you check if the PC is plugged in[?]" type of tech support answers. I think my fourteen year-old cousin could more adequately bugfix/troubleshoot than half of these community "experts". Also please don't @ me on this, my mind's made up.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

Yea and 90% of the time their go-to solutions are "REMOVE MODS & CC!" or "REPAIR GAME!!1!" (and anything that cannot be fixed via those means seems to be beyond their scope of understanding). I'm better off waiting for a fan fix or seeing if the devs actually bother to patch in a fix, because honestly I cannot even begin to be bothered with these "did you check if the PC is plugged in[?]" type of tech support answers. I think my fourteen year-old cousin could more adequately bugfix/troubleshoot than half of these community "experts". Also please don't @ me on this, my mind's made up.

okay I didn't mean to offend you
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2020
    I might try it when life settles down and I have more time, but it won't be something that I will use often enough to be worth it.

Would rather here another team is being added so we can get more content faster. Content hand over fist in the Sims3 and now it's so slow.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    No I don't care about challenges
    Is it something like the Legacies they want to add to gallery ?

Honestly I never did a challenge, so I'm not interested to obey the rules of somebody else.
  • Options

okay I didn't mean to offend you

No you were just trying to be helpful, it's not your fault that EA's customer support is less than stellar.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes I'm excited to try it!
    Here is a link to challenges that are circling on the forum. Then there are other youtubers and forum’s doing things as well.

If I was not doing a RL homeschooling Covid-project then a challenge would be fun. Now I just want do my own thing and cheat when it’s been a hectic day.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906643/sims-4-challenge-list-updated-may-28-2020/p1
  • Options
    simnuttysimnutty Posts: 77 Member
    I am only recently getting back into TS4 so I'm totally out of the loop on current affairs. I found this post because I'm looking for a solution to my gallery not loading (via the game or website). When I click on it in the game menu I only get Maxis lots that are already installed with my various EPs etc. When I try using the website it only loads one page of items using hashtag; nothing at all if I try to search via ID and only one screen page of 'Trending' items. I've given up trying different search options and I've posted a request for help in the Technical section as instructed by EA_Mai.

Like other posters, I'm just hoping a knowledgeable fan can help. I don't have any Mods or CC in my game; its fully patched having just updated it half an hour ago. I've cleared all relevant cache files; there are no tray files or save files because I've only just recently installed. You could say it's a virginal game :smile: so I'm totally baffled by its refusal to properly load the gallery. :neutral:
    My blog includes my Sim Stories storytellerscribbles.blogspot.co.uk
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    simnutty wrote: »
    I am only recently getting back into TS4 so I'm totally out of the loop on current affairs. I found this post because I'm looking for a solution to my gallery not loading (via the game or website). When I click on it in the game menu I only get Maxis lots that are already installed with my various EPs etc. When I try using the website it only loads one page of items using hashtag; nothing at all if I try to search via ID and only one screen page of 'Trending' items. I've given up trying different search options and I've posted a request for help in the Technical section as instructed by EA_Mai.

Like other posters, I'm just hoping a knowledgeable fan can help. I don't have any Mods or CC in my game; its fully patched having just updated it half an hour ago. I've cleared all relevant cache files; there are no tray files or save files because I've only just recently installed. You could say it's a virginal game :smile: so I'm totally baffled by its refusal to properly load the gallery. :neutral:

Is it the same if you restart the game?

On the phone now but there is a bunch of stuff that you can check and uncheck.

If it is still not working feel free to dm me and I will see if I can help out.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited July 2020
    No I don't care about challenges
    There's a part of me that's a little curious about this. Are they testing the waters as to some kind of online feature that would be in TS5?

Otherwise, I really don't do challenges, and my opinion towards Game Changers is lukewarm.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone talking about this, but the June update added code for a new "Sims Challenge" gallery tab.

SyXd2sw.jpg

It seems like GameChangers will be able to upload items for various Sims challenges for us to download. While regular players like us will be able to submit items after completing a certain challenges (for the GameChanger to judge and select winners?)

QA7X7wn.jpg

Submitted items have a different border and it looks pretty cool ;)

jUVPvAJ.jpg

I wonder if this is part of the fun summer update they talked about.

Thoughts? Do you think you'll use this new feature?

Well you got it right.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Am I missing the part where it says game changers or is that just a guess? :)

Not a guess. Internally those are referred as “GC Challenges”. You can see the filter pane has two categories: Builder and Stylist. There are actually two more Game Changer categories in the code: storytellers (those who do let’s play videos?) and “info” (those who do news/info videos on the game?).

There will also be a video player (the blue rectangle thing in my screenshot) so my guess is that we’ll be able to watch videos by Game Changers straight from the gallery.

I remember in this interview SimGuruLyndsay was asked about the future of The Sims. She said that she wanted to connect builders, stylists, storytellers, etc. more directly with the community within the game. Everyone thought she was talking about TS5 but it looks like she was talking about TS4, as this new gallery update is very much what she wanted to do.

https://www.youtube.com/SKzjiiox0Fk

I only care about Challenges not Game Changers. I find them annoying. Think about it this update could be a great oppurtunity to include story mode and post sims stories but ingame rather than browser. Those days of reading player creaters stories and sharing stories could be back! Nut if that is not possible then quite sad tbh.
  • Options
    I haven't seen anyone talking about this, but the June update added code for a new "Sims Challenge" gallery tab.

SyXd2sw.jpg

It seems like GameChangers will be able to upload items for various Sims challenges for us to download. While regular players like us will be able to submit items after completing a certain challenges (for the GameChanger to judge and select winners?)

QA7X7wn.jpg

Submitted items have a different border and it looks pretty cool ;)

jUVPvAJ.jpg

I wonder if this is part of the fun summer update they talked about.

Thoughts? Do you think you'll use this new feature?

Ten bucks says this is related to that new "Sims Spark'd" show that was unveiled. They probably coded a specific part of the gallery to showcase simmers from the show who won challenges.