Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone Besides me Like Spark?

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    I was bored. I almost turned it off so many times but I left it on to give it a chance. It really didn't redeem itself as it went on and I doubt I'll watch any more unless they change the format a bit.

It would have been nice to see them building their sims/homes/stories more. I like most of those game changers and watch a lot of their stuff, but... I can keep watching their stuff while not watching the rest of this show. I tried.

I think the reason they didn't give them time is because they wanted people that don't play much to feel
    like they to could be on the show
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I was bored. I almost turned it off so many times but I left it on to give it a chance. It really didn't redeem itself as it went on and I doubt I'll watch any more unless they change the format a bit.

It would have been nice to see them building their sims/homes/stories more. I like most of those game changers and watch a lot of their stuff, but... I can keep watching their stuff while not watching the rest of this show. I tried.

I think the reason they didn't give them time is because they wanted people that don't play much to feel
    like they to could be on the show

These game changers are supposed to be the best of creative simmers. If they can't do it what chances do have simmers who don't even play as much as them?
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited July 2020
    @crocobaura Eh, but are they though? Game Changers are the ones with the biggest following, they're not necessarily the most creative simmers out there.
    Duvelina wrote: »
    @crocobaura Eh, but are they though? Game Changers are the ones with the biggest following, they're not necessarily the most creative simmers out there.

EA seems to think so if they have given them game changer status. They are officially endorsing them. They put them on a TV show.
    @crocobaura They're popular in the community. They're the ones gaining any traction. They're probably the only reason people in this community would even watch the show. From next season on, it might be because of creativity but I don't think that's the reason EA chose them now. Not to say that game changers aren't doing something right, but there are way more creative people in the community than them.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    They're popular in the community. They're the ones gaining any traction. They're probably the only reason people in this community would even watch the show. From next season on, it might be because of creativity but I don't think that's the reason EA chose them now. Not to say that game changers aren't doing something right, but there are way more creative people in the community than them.

If they make a second season wow everyone is just really not a fan around the forums it seems
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
    @WolfNate Yeah... I haven't seen very many positive opinions. I haven't seen it myself so I can't say anything about it but I don't think I'd hate it, honestly. I like reality shows overall. I really should just give it a try.
    @crocobaura They're popular in the community. They're the ones gaining any traction. They're probably the only reason people in this community would even watch the show. From next season on, it might be because of creativity but I don't think that's the reason EA chose them now. Not to say that game changers aren't doing something right, but there are way more creative people in the community than them.

Well, people are watching the show because of the gamechangers, and the creative people will be in the next season, but the show doesn't really showcases creativity as much as it showcases the team work between the players. At least one team lost because of personality clash and because they couldn't cooperate to finish their task.
    edited July 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Well, people are watching the show because of the gamechangers, and the creative people will be in the next season, but the show doesn't really showcases creativity as much as it showcases the team work between the players. At least one team lost because of personality clash and because they couldn't cooperate to finish their task.

That team I donno they didn't 'tag them for screentime' bout their issues very much maybe once? but um The builder seemed too shy to really be on a competitive show and I felt REALLY bad for him. But also they seemed to have focused too much time one one thing they didn't even have a rival and seemed to not get to editing till like last 10 minutes and well that failed.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I tend to agree that next season might be more "creative" but... what good is that if they aren't going to show it?

For me, the reason I was bored was too much editing in the talking and trying to inject "drama" when there really wasn't... I would have much rather watched the teams doing the actual building and clothing selections and hearing their banter there. That's where the creativity happens (IMO). What they showed was finished products that I can see on the gallery or on youtube and the boring edited drama. I realize that "boring edited drama" is what some people love about a reality show and that's fine. This is who that show is for. I was hoping for something a little different but, that's ok. I'm still curious to see who ends up winning, only because I do know these game changers. I expect when I don't know any contestants I'll be not even caring about that end result.

If some people like the show, and if it brings in new simmers... well that's great! Maybe they can use that extra income for game tweaks and new innovations. I don't need to like the show in any form, they already get my money. ;)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    I tend to agree that next season might be more "creative"

There isn't going to be a next season. This isn't going to last beyond season 1.

There isn't going to be a next season. This isn't going to last beyond season 1.

How do you know just cuz everyone on sims forums hates it doesn't mean it'll get cancled.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited July 2020
    I didn't mind the show.
  • RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »

How do you know just cuz everyone on sims forums hates it doesn't mean it'll get cancled.

It'll get canceled because no one will watch this. It's completely pointless. No one wants to watch a bunch of people play a game like that.

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Even if the show is bad, even if it had literally zero viewers, it's already been confirmed for a second season. They also set up the Spark'd Gallery challenges for a reason. I doubt they're going to cancel it any time soon, unless it proves to be just that unprofitable in the meantime. I'd say Corona is the biggest factor in deciding its future.

On the plus side, the time between seasons 1 and 2 should give them a lot of time to work out the kinks of the show.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    Gordy wrote: »
    Even if the show is bad, even if it had literally zero viewers, it's already been confirmed for a second season. They also set up the Spark'd Gallery challenges for a reason. I doubt they're going to cancel it any time soon, unless it proves to be just that unprofitable in the meantime. I'd say Corona is the biggest factor in deciding its future.

On the plus side, the time between seasons 1 and 2 should give them a lot of time to work out the kinks of the show.

Oh neat I knew they were aiming for that but all the intense hate made me worry
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

Even people who are less than thrilled with the show are probably watching it. If only to provide their feedback and criticisms. And also those hoping for a little drama to keep the criticism going. So at the end of the day what probably matters is viewership.

It'll get canceled because no one will watch this. It's completely pointless. No one wants to watch a bunch of people play a game like that.

I think there's thousands of viewers that would disagree with this. You can not like it, it's ok. I don't like it either, but we can't just be putting words into other people's mouths. I've seen more positive posts than negative about this, depends where you look. Twitter and Instagram folks seem to love it.

Even people who are less than thrilled with the show are probably watching it. If only to provide their feedback and criticisms. And also those hoping for a little drama to keep the criticism going. So at the end of the day what probably matters is viewership.

Haha! I'm one of those people! I'm less than thrilled and I wasn't going to watch the next one... BUT, now I seen some aliens in the trailer for the next episode so I'm wanting to see what that's about...

Oh but I'm not trying to keep the drama going, now I'm just wonder about what they will do with aliens. :D
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I doubt that you do, otherwise you wouldn't have insulted everyone in the show. If that is called liking, then I hope that I never "like" the show.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »
    I doubt that you do, otherwise you wouldn't have insulted everyone in the show. If that is called liking, then I hope that I never "like" the show.

I never said I liked the show... I was curious... and how did I insult everyone in the show? Because I didn't like the show's format and found it boring is hardly an insult to the game changers on the show. I watch most of them on their own channels.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

I never said I liked the show... I was curious... and how did I insult everyone in the show? Because I didn't like the show's format and found it boring is hardly an insult to the game changers on the show. I watch most of them on their own channels.
    Oh I wasn't meaning you. OP has been attacking the contestants and judges since the show aired calling them Simon Cowell and misogynist. So makes it really hard to believe them. They were getting really mad at the contestants that got voted off mentioning the color of their skin being one of the many reasons why they did.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

Oh I wasn't meaning you. OP has been attacking the contestants and judges since the show aired calling them Simon Cowell and misogynist. So makes it really hard to believe them. They were getting really mad at the contestants that got voted off mentioning the color of their skin being one of the many reasons why they did.

I'm sorry! I did struggle a little trying to figure out... haha!

I didn't realize the latter either... guess I've missed those posts... glad I missed them to be honest. :/
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i like it. reality tv shows are junk food, im not gonna pretend its high brow. its hitting exactly what a reality tv show should be and i find it entertaining.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    This is post-RoM. The spellcaster cradle was used, and we saw Glimmerbrook.

It's actually post-DU; one of the teams in this week's show used it.

I'm enjoying it; it's something different than the usual, and I like reality shows where the contestants actually work and create things (like home improvement competitions on HGTV or Food Network shows like Chopped or the various Baking Championships).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)