Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who Wishes Origin/EA Offered..

Who wishes Origin/EA offered cloud saves for the Sims 4? Explain your vote if you would please.

Who Wishes Origin/EA Offered.. 91 votes

Yes!
47%
Akl500Pcatmom1987GoldmoldaricmnfrshsketchesIceyJaprilroserudolphasam123amchristianSageRainWillowelanorbretonMariefoxprice83simgirl1010luthienrisingSxcDannii202catloverplayerKennziKaigeTeeSeaJADETIGER 43 votes
No!
18%
alexspoom13haneulAnmirlaAncientMusemy1helopilotDragonAge_300905SajahiAPottsCAPTAIN_NXR7Sheepilingshorty943pSAEldarinMondayLady_BalloraSimmerGeorgeSimmingalMarmaladeJade 17 votes
Maybe...
25%
Kita5399NighteyesCamkatIsb917freindlylolLustianiciaduhboy2u2mikawagbixtersOnverserverfensEnkiSchmidtBreazonasimmerLellaAtreya33SERVERFRAx4m1r4KimmerSquirrelTail15loonatheworld 23 votes
Cloud Save?
8%
PlayerSinger2010mcruddpajamajam07WolfNateOldeseadoggeBusufuValeahchons95 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Yes!
    It would be great for when you get a new computer so you can play the games you have invested time in!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Isn't that what the gallery is for?
  • Options
    sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Yes!
    I thought they do?? Log in to Origin now. At the top menu bar, go to Origin > Application Settings > Installs & Saves. Right there is a "cloud storage" feature. This way, you can access your saved games from any device you have Origin installed. Is that not what you mean?
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Options
    r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    Yes!
    Would be nice to have
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    No!
    TeeSea wrote: »
    It would be great for when you get a new computer so you can play the games you have invested time in!

@TeeSea You can easily transfer your old saves from your old computer to your new one. Just copy/paste and done.

Personally I like having my saves saved on my actual computer so I can manipulate them, copy them, share them. I don't know if I would be able to do this with cloud saves.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Yes!
    Sure. IT will be neat. I had been playing Mass Effect 2 from origin and suprised me that there is a cloud save from that game that was much more older than The Sims 4. Wish we could have those in this game
  • Options
    Yes!
    sketches wrote: »
    I thought they do?? Log in to Origin now. At the top menu bar, go to Origin > Application Settings > Installs & Saves. Right there is a "cloud storage" feature. This way, you can access your saved games from any device you have Origin installed. Is that not what you mean?

I will look into this! I will pleased as punch if you are right!
  • Options
    Yes!
    Origin does have cloud saves for supported games. The Sims 4 is NOT supported.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yes!
    I occasionally upload my most recent save to Google Drive in case my computer crashes.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Maybe...
    I think my Ziplock bag of flash drives might give away my age a bit, but I can take or leave cloud storage :D
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yes!
    Earlier this year my hard drive crashed. I hadn't backed up my game files since late last year so I had lost about 6 months worth of gameplay. If cloud saves existed I would have been in the clear and wouldn't have had to do any recreating. Now I save a copy onto my external drive once or twice a month.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Yes!
    There is advantages to using the cloud as well as disadvantages. As said by some when you get an new system you just download from the cloud and cloud saves do not use physical space on your system. Relying just on the cloud makes for problems down the road if the cloud burps and your saves are gone and actually this is the case with any program that uses the cloud. What I do is use is both Cloud and physical backup if one goes down, at least you have the other.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited July 2020
    Maybe...
    Not sure, it depends. If it is just a backup, then sure, why not. But if cloud storage would be instead of a local save file, then no. I occasionally need to play offline and don't know how that goes with cloud storage.

I do make a backup of my save files from time to time and store them on an external drive. Just in case my pc crashes.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yes!
    I put so much work into my main save, and don’t know that much about computers, that’s why I don’t download mods and custom content. I would love a simple way to change computers and have all my saves readily available on a cloud. I tried using an external drive, I couldn’t figure out how to use it. Would love an automatic backup to the cloud.
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    edited July 2020
    No!
    Clicked too fast. I think more options are always better, so my vote should be yes (so long as it remains an option and not something that replaces my local save file).
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited July 2020
    No!
    It's super easy to transfer saves just put your sims 4 saves folder from old computer on memory stick and once you have downloaded ts4 on new computer and make one save it will give you saves folder to transfer those files in

I recently changed computer I play so that worked easy enough didn't lose any saves

though it does not remember your gallery library so you'll need to put those in some world save if you want to keep them

I'm not big fan of cloud anything tho so my vote is no
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    No!
    Meh. Cloud schmoud.

There are a multitude of ways to save one's games/data/files that doesn't require an internet connection and the trust of some online cloud service that's vulnerable to hackers, server overloads, crashes, slow connections... and most importantly: the need for a steady income stream to stay viable.

No thanks, I prefer to depend on myself for the safe keeping of important computer data.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    No!
    You're daft, the cloud is nothing but trouble looking for somewhere to happen.

However if you insist, then, EA\Maxis already do that, BIG IF, you trust them.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes!
    TeeSea wrote: »
    Who wishes Origin/EA offered cloud saves for the Sims 4? Explain your vote if you would please.

I do then we can access our saves from anywhere on a pc.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    No!
    I like the Sims, but the game is too buggy for cloud saves. I prefer having mods, CC, and updating the game when I want, so I don't think cloud storage would work well.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yes!
    I'd never thought of this, but yeah. I've had so many computer problems and lost saves over the years, having another back up through the official sims would actually be super nifty.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited July 2020
    No!
    No, not for The Sims.
    I would create a copy of the sims folder, dump it on a hard drive, a personal cloud or share it with another machine.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Maybe...
    I guess sure for those who want it?

I'll just keep using my USB so it won't bother me if it exists or not.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    JADETIGERJADETIGER Posts: 23 Member
    Yes!
    Yes - it would be nice to be able to go between my desktop and laptop while playing the same save file.
  • Options
    WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    Maybe...
    Can't you just copy the save to a thumb drive, google drive or dropbox?
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD