Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think the Sims 5 could be better than TS4?

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
I really feel like this franchise has lost its identity. Its only a shell of what is was before! Good on the outside, shallow on the inside. I dont have all expansions for sims 2 or 3 so i buy then from time to time, but besides that, my only thing tying me still to this franchise is the hope that the new game will be better.

Maybe this can only happen if the team decides to take its direction back to its original roots. Or do you think we need to discuss as much as we can about it so maybe devs can see what we want?

What do you think?

* I forgot to add difficulty in Sims 1 ideas. I think that is the most difficult game as far as taking care of you movtives/needs.
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
Post edited by StrawberryYogurt on

Do you think the Sims 5 could be better than TS4? 124 votes

The Sims 4 is already perfect for me. Id like them to continue for many more years adding more expansions
8%
SimburianluthienrisingBabykittyjademustenimgregory162NindigoSERVERFRASimAlexandriaKimmermc49675Leaselmary 11 votes
The Sims 5 could be better, if they allow some expansion features in the base game
3%
SheepilingcalipossundenvableCassieb95 4 votes
The Sims 5 could be better if they add open world, color wheel, CAW, (sims 3 ideas)
16%
Jderrick094AyradyssmcorralKatAnubisMoon_WillowGothangelgoodcakebaker62CharlotteknAquariusMomhunnybunny382MEAKA1STLADY719hells456chaccelogionBrandontaylorizecsonMousellineGooseyusername3645937Dragonmasterleo 20 votes
The Sims 5 could be better if they add better personalities, memory system, story album, chemistry/romantic system (sims 2 ideas)
31%
MightySparksjasasimsJaseAlexaiCamkatamchristianSusanaLeotekeFUNKNEY101CinebarKaeChan2089taydevmannannawormofthebookAdria22Trashmagicmariajane216waterywatermelonParmaViolet87MaggieMarleyLatinaBunny 39 votes
The Sims 5 could be better if they add more parody and humor, details, and a more witty style (sims 1 ideas)
2%
zorba2357KennziKaigeRouensims 3 votes
The Sims 5 could be better if they just scratch out the whole multiplayer idea
13%
PlayerSinger2010friendlysimmerswynette85JerrelloNymphieaTeeSeaKatNipcomicsforlifeperagogoLady_Balloranetney52dearie_blossomCalico45HSDevLivi5500kGuillaumeSnowVeeDub 17 votes
The Sims 5 could be better if [add answer in comment]
24%
Stdlr9sketchesIceyJAnnie2008Cynnafruitsbasket101TrycFlexono1Alwe1507charmed4life4Bettyboop55drakharisCAPTAIN_NXR7OnverserSims4MagicalTalespandie00king_of_simcity7OldeseadoggeJon the WizardsimmerLella 30 votes

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2020
    The Sims 5 could be better if they add better personalities, memory system, story album, chemistry/romantic system (sims 2 ideas)
    I voted for them to build it more like TS2's AI. However, after the last year or so, I have decided that no TS5 won't be better than TS4, just look at the direction TS4 has taken in the last few years. I don't think I'm going to like TS5 anymore. I had high hopes for it, but now I doubt it.

I thought they were on the right track with DO, Vampires, toddlers, and possibly Parenthood, but after those things, seems ideas went downhill even more. Geez, just go back to building a proper AI.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I am going to cheat and combine up to four of the options in this poll:

The Sims 5 could be better, if they allow some expansion features in the base game

The Sims 5 could be better if they add open world, color wheel, CAW, (sims 3 ideas)

The Sims 5 could be better if they add more parody and humor, details, and a more witty style (sims 1 ideas)

So in other words, the best of The Sims 1, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 but absolutely NO online of multiplayer game play!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2020
    I still have hopes for the sims5. I'm hoping that Maxis have spent these last years improving and investing in how to make a good sims game.

If they could make a game engine that supports open world, color wheel, create a style and create a world then I think they have a lot of potential to make a really good sims game.

The limitations that we had 10 years ago are not really there anymore in a lot of modern games today, loading times are almost gone, a lot of franchises have huge open worlds, and a lot of games have customization with color wheels and where you can create a style and share with the community.

I'm also hoping that they will improve the sims themselves as well.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Honourable mention to the colour wheel, create-a-style and open world though.

A solid sims game though needs to have solid sims. They need to have some personalities and differences so I don't feel like I'm playing the same person in a different body. Otherwise, it's just a build game and last I checked this was titled "SIMS". They need to bring the focus back to them.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited July 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I voted for them to build it more like TS2's AI. However, after the last year or so, I have decided that no TS5 won't be better than TS4, just look at the direction TS4 has taken in the last few years. I don't think I'm going to like TS5 anymore. I had high hopes for it, but now I doubt it.

I know. I really want to hope for it, but even seeing Sims Sparkd and the rumors about Sims 5 multiplayer im losing hope. Someone save the franchise! Maxis Man, help us!!

edited July 2020
    Camkat wrote: »
    Honourable mention to the colour wheel, create-a-style and open world though.

A solid sims game though needs to have solid sims. They need to bring the focus back to them.

Thats true. For me color wheel and open world isnt important. I don't miss them when I play TS2 or TS4. But i do miss deep personalities. Sims 3 had enough details to it and the moodlets to give sims enough dynamic, but if the focus less on set dressing and more on the Sims, people would complain a lot less.

• Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    They would need to add all of those things to make TS5 a viable game
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited July 2020
    The Sims 4 is already perfect for me. Id like them to continue for many more years adding more expansions
    I think Sims 5 would be so complicated if they tried to get all these suggestions in the basic game that Simmers would start complaining immediately that it is unplayable. Get ready for a simple basic game and many expansions and packs as they put out now.

I doubt that we will ever get manuals for it that we got for Sims 3 and before and game-changers and reviewers will miss the deeper parts of the game as they do now, just skimming the top of it. You only have to see how people complained about GTW and how players are just now finding out what it really helps you to do in the game.
    Simburian wrote: »
    I think Sims 5 would be so complicated if they tried to get all these suggestions in the basic game that Simmers would start complaining immediately that it is unplayable. Get ready for a simple basic game and many expansions and packs as they put out now.

Game lag could be a problem, but maybe not with more up to date tech. A simple base game again? I doubt they'd get much support. There's a reason why Sims 4 has the reputation it has.

Do you mean the grey scale manuals that used to come in the game cases? I never bought TS3 on disc (just on steam) but they were in TS2 cases. You don't really need them and they've become obsolete with more people using the internet and ingame tutorials. People put out video blogs and there are walkthroughs/guides online on just about any game. That and threads even here help you to find out more about the game, even I don't think manuals are necessary.

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @logion wrote: »
    I still have hopes for the sims5. I'm hoping that Maxis have spent these last years improving and investing in how to make a good sims game.
    The limitations that we had 10 years ago are not really there anymore in a lot of modern games today, loading times are almost gone, a lot of franchises have huge open worlds, and a lot of games have customization with color wheels and where you can create a style and share with the community.

I'm also hoping that they will improve the sims themselves as well.

It is a shame that with all the advances over the past decade The Sims has gone backwards :(

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    I see the color wheel mentioned a lot as a sims 5 suggestion. I have no problem with the color wheel IF

1) we can easily pre-save a color we use , so to match it up or re- use it ( my decorating skills are not great!)

2) There is no "glitch" or fail down the road where say, all of the sims custom eye color, or blouse color (that I spent time getting Just right) suddenly all revert to a dull navy blue with said added patch or expansion pack :o(.

The color wheel was great. I guess I just have this nervous worry it's implementation will cause fail along the way.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    If there is much content in the base game and the subsequent packs, I will be content.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    EA was prepared to listen to what the players really want from this franchise and the players could agree on what they want.

It sounds simple but we are all very different in what we want from our games and getting consensus through discussion might be impossible to achieve. I would suggest a reasonable selection of options for EA to consider which fit with the direction the company wishes to take the game. Obviously there will be limitations particularly if the company opts for an online, cross platform, multiplayer game.

I believe we can all agree that TS5 should be of robust quality with a base game which does not rely on subsequent packs to make it playable. It goes without saying there should be features never seen before because I also believe as players we all like new gameplay to keep us engaged and wanting to play.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    if it wasn't owned by ea.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited July 2020
    ts5 could be better if they did a combination of options 2, 3, 4, and 5. I'm tired of the subpar game we've been getting with ts4 and won't settle for anything less than this.

Edit:Spelling
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    The Sims 5 could be better if they just scratch out the whole multiplayer idea
    the sims5 could be better if they keep out the multiplayer part and keep the sims5 full offline expect for acess to the gallery of course
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited July 2020
    • The Sims 5 could be better if they add open/customizable districts, swimmable bodies of water, CAW,.
    • The Sims 5 could be better if they add sims that care, better personalities, memory system, chemistry/romantic system.
    • The Sims 5 could be better, if they allow some expansion features in the base game, such as all lifestages, weather. & body hair.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited July 2020

Game lag could be a problem, but maybe not with more up to date tech. A simple base game again? I doubt they'd get much support. There's a reason why Sims 4 has the reputation it has.

Do you mean the grey scale manuals that used to come in the game cases? I never bought TS3 on disc (just on steam) but they were in TS2 cases. You don't really need them and they've become obsolete with more people using the internet and ingame tutorials. People put out video blogs and there are walkthroughs/guides online on just about any game. That and threads even here help you to find out more about the game, even I don't think manuals are necessary.

No. I mean the A4 size, full colour, game manual versions we got from Prime, with each game up to Showtime which was a smaller size. You got to find out everything that came with the pack and the scale of interactions that came with each action, plus a lot of tips, cheats and rundown of each family history. They may not have been completely full as they had to be published in advance of the game coming out but I used to read them cover to cover before I even started to play them, even before I got home usually, in a cafe nearby.

I miss them and game-changers and streams aren't a match for them. I might even get to understand Eco-lifestyle a bit better if we had one for that! <3
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

No. I mean the A4 size, full colour, game manual versions we got from Prime, with each game up to Showtime which was a smaller size. You got to find out everything that came with the pack and the scale of interactions that came with each action, plus a lot of tips, cheats and rundown of each family history. They may not have been completely full as they had to be published in advance of the game coming out but I used to read them cover to cover before I even started to play them, even before I got home usually, in a cafe nearby.

I miss them and game-changers and streams aren't a match for them. I might even get to understand Eco-lifestyle a bit better if we had one for that! <3

Now you've made me miss these too! It used to be part of the collection experience for me as well.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    it would finally unite the forces of ts 1,2,3 and 4 and bring back all the good parts and more

but I doubt there is computer for that
    and i doubt greedy EA would let that happen

I also wish they'd take loong looong time in development this time and perfect it

TS4 is getting to creative times of new packs now and needs lots of things too

+I am not willing to switch base game before 2025 just for the sake of epic number match
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    @Simmingal ikr, I thought about that too. Is there a computer that can do all of it? And then again i dont think EA at thi point has the integrity to do it or do it right.

@Simmingal ikr, I thought about that too. Is there a computer that can do all of it? And then again i dont think EA at thi point has the integrity to do it or do it right.

There are indeed computers that can do that, but most folks that play the sims don't have those. This is why TS3 had to stop because it broke people's machines and this is why TS4 seems lacking because Maxis wanted the game to look prettier, but not to cause the same trouble as TS3 did.

I hope the minimum system requirements for TS5 won't be for kitchen microwaves, but for more robust systems, so we can actually have all the features we simmers long for. If not, same old story...
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

There are indeed computers that can do that, but most folks that play the sims don't have those. This is why TS3 had to stop because it broke people's machines and this is why TS4 seems lacking because Maxis wanted the game to look prettier, but not to cause the same trouble as TS3 did.

I hope the minimum system requirements for TS5 won't be for kitchen microwaves, but for more robust systems, so we can actually have all the features we simmers long for. If not, same old story...

Bread toaster, now kitchen microwave 😆🤣🤣
    My laptop is feeling flattered 🤣

Btw, you're right.
    @telmarina wrote: »

Bread toaster, now kitchen microwave 😆🤣🤣
    My laptop is feeling flattered 🤣

Btw, you're right.

It won't be long before we have the whole kitchen covered. :D
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    You will never learn.After Eco Living it's clear that if another version of the Sims comes out it's going to be a mess plus they may suck up to the multiplayer like they did in Fallout. If EA does proper testing and goes back to it's roots of families and story telling then there might be hope.