Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cars Leak?!?

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Hopefully the vehicles & garages are coming to the surprise update.

@Carl_Veluz1992 You mean the update coming before nifty knitting? It's supposed to be a very small surprise so we are not getting anything as big as cars.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member

@Carl_Veluz1992 You mean the update coming before nifty knitting? It's supposed to be a very small surprise so we are not getting anything as big as cars.

So meaning no vehicles in The Sims 4? Maybe in the next very big update within the year.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

SimGuruNinja said their small things so I wouldn't expect cars to be coming in the Patch Thursday.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

SimGuruNinja said their small things so I wouldn't expect cars to be coming in the Patch Thursday.

I agree with you @catloverplayer they also said it was nerdy cars aren't nerdy
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited July 2020

Did devs say cars are nerdy?

Since when did cars go from 'cool' to 'nerdy'? I must live in Mirrorland...
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member

Maybe we're getting a DeLorean? :lol:
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

No. They said what was coming was something they were nerdily excited about.

Therefore it's probably not cars, because cars are not nerdy.
  • SerenityVIIISerenityVIII Posts: 32 Member
    Jasper7702 wrote: »
    {Disclaimer: This is SPECULATION, NOT CONFIRMED}

Recently close to the release of the Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Stream, there was a tweet released prior that leaked several things we had just learned about in the stream. Firefighters, apartments, and other things were leaked and later confirmed in the tweet. Some people were happy for the leak meanwhile others were bitter about it. Eventually the source of the leak was forced into silence by blackmail, and left us with a final unconfirmed leak. Given the credibility of the previous leak, this one is very possible especially it being something long wanted in the sims. There are NPC cars in the sims, and for the most part usable roads so this is a possibility. Let me know what you think down below: Think we might possibly get cars or is this just another rumor?

I am unaware of the situation you speak of, however highly doubt anyone was 'blackmailed'. Actual blackmail is a criminal offence in most Countries I believe, and claiming or alluding that someone has or may have committed a criminal offence, when in fact they did not, may be legally actionable if it meets the criteria for slander, defamation etc. depending on the laws of the Country.

What seems more likely is this person in question had signed a Non Disclosure Agreement and was merely reminded of their legal obligations to comply. This is a pretty standard practice in the business world. For anyone signing an NDA, it would be wise to read the fine print as there are typically legal repercussions for defying it. Signing an NDA really should be given careful thought and full understanding of the terms and condition and should be taken seriously.

Once again, I am unaware of this particular situation, but offering a more plausible explanation as 'blackmail' seems a little unrealistic in this sense.
    The Sims Team needs to ACT NOW on the adding of vehicles & garages to The Sims 4
    Hi Everyone, Please watch the video about a Speculation about Vehicles coming to The Sims 4.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bZb09-vRJ0M
    edited August 2020
    Hi Everyone, Please watch the video about a Speculation about Vehicles coming to The Sims 4.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bZb09-vRJ0M

Yes I've already seen it. I like Simmer Erin's YouTube channel and love her Speculation Topics.

• aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Multi level foundation update would be needed unless we were forced to use detached garages only. That would be a big base game update just like basements and other build mode patches over the years. Would be for when a new EP comes no doubt too. Wouldn't make sense to include something that huge for a SP or GP.
    Also cars would be a part of the EP. Which we would get around November/December as is tradition. June for EP1 and November/December for EP2. 2 EPs per year is what we've been getting for a while now.
    If cars came back they better be like Sims 2 and not 3. 3 did many things right, but cars were awful. The only good vehicles were the mopeds, bikes, and saucer. I want to sit in them, listen to music, make out and woohoo in it as well.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
    aws200 wrote: »
    Multi level foundation update would be needed unless we were forced to use detached garages only. That would be a big base game update just like basements and other build mode patches over the years. Would be for when a new EP comes no doubt too. Wouldn't make sense to include something that huge for a SP or GP.
    Also cars would be a part of the EP. Which we would get around November/December as is tradition. June for EP1 and November/December for EP2. 2 EPs per year is what we've been getting for a while now.
    If cars came back they better be like Sims 2 and not 3. 3 did many things right, but cars were awful. The only good vehicles were the mopeds, bikes, and saucer. I want to sit in them, listen to music, make out and woohoo in it as well.

I didn't even think about building Multi Story Carparks if that's what you mean by 'updating multi level foundation'......Such would be a wonderful addition! What better place for my klepto sim to swipe a nice vehicle and get chased by police cruisers! B)
    aws200 wrote: »

I didn't even think about building Multi Story Carparks if that's what you mean by 'updating multi level foundation'......Such would be a wonderful addition! What better place for my klepto sim to swipe a nice vehicle and get chased by police cruisers! B)

Yes id love a multi story garage especially if we get actual shopping malls that were mentioned on the survey.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    "Eventually the source of the leak was forced into silence by blackmail, and left us with a final unconfirmed leak."

The speaker of those words about cars is still active on twitter. Creating drama to intensify something is called click baiting. I am not impressed by the OP! Have a great day in drama land.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    I mean the game doesn't allow multi level foundations. As in an attached garage can't work with a house that has a foundation and isn't on the ground. Sims 2 and 3 you could have multi level foundations. Just not Sims 1 and 4.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
    edited August 2020
    @aws200 wrote: »
    I mean the game doesn't allow multi level foundations. As in an attached garage can't work with a house that has a foundation and isn't on the ground. Sims 2 and 3 you could have multi level foundations. Just not Sims 1 and 4.

Ah yes I get you. My imagination was running away with me there.
    What about adding ramps to BB instead? They could function similar to stairs. Ramps would not only be handy for cars, but for any transport such as baby strollers or wheelchairs, if they ever get added to the game.
    A garage door could be placed on the wall with the ramp attached to it, or on any wall.
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    yeah, they can leak; fluids of various types: antifreeze; oil, transmission fluid ect.
    And yet another hint for cars this time in Snowy Escape in MT K
    So is this mean Vehicles are definitely coming?
    I’d say babes and cars in 2021.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I agree with captain. A legit leak said cars are definitely coming. And we have more than enough proof babies are coming
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I hope so much that babies are coming in January 2021!!!
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Do y'all know what's missing? Cars, babies, R&B, and more
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I hope so much that babies are coming in January 2021!!!

And I'm hoping for resorts in the Spring Gamepack.