Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will the Supernatural series EVER be finished?

Comments

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I've been having a blast lately playing with Vampires and Realm of Magic together. Playing between Glimmer Brook, Forgotten Hollow and the Magic Realm makes the fantasy experience very lively, anything to expand this I will gladly take.
  • Options
    PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    I don't get what it means for a supernatural series to be finished. Occults don't exist, so how do you get a list of lifestates that game has to have to be finished with them? Will they be finished without, say, kikimoras?
    I feel there're enough already. Some of them involve way too little gameplay, but that is another topic.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Honestly, I think Occults were off to a bad start when ghosts weren't even in the base game. To make it worse, when people complained, someone at Maxis tried to say that Occults "were never a staple of The Sims". Imagine that? Then of course, (poorly implemented) Ghosts were added in anyway but that's the statement that got me to actually make a Forum account so I could add to the pleading for some decent Supernatural presence. Specifically Vampires.

But here I am still, continuing to beg that they don't forget to add more, reminding them that Ghosts still aren't up to par when Sims can't even feel fear, and asking in every single relevant thread to please add Werewolves or Fairies or Dragons or anything else fantastical and interesting because we, as a player base, still exist and find real life too mundane to play out when a supernatural life simulator is much more fun and interesting.

But all I can say is, keep asking. Keep making threads, keep leaving feedback and let them know what they do right, and let them know what they do wrong (constructively and respectfully of course), and get their attention that we're still here and still want more Occults.

Be strong, brothas and sistahs! Light a candle, make a circle, cast incense into the four winds, hail Lucifer or pray to your Gods and let them hear our cries! We shall prevail!

*Steps off podium. Sits down. Sighs.*

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Be strong, brothas and sistahs! Light a candle, make a circle, cast incense into the four winds, hail Lucifer or pray to your Gods and let them hear our cries! We shall prevail!
    I've been suggesting staging a coup for years. A little rebellion, chaos and destruction will get our voices heard.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I've been suggesting staging a coup for years. A little rebellion, chaos and destruction will get our voices heard.

I'm listening...
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    I would love some more supernatural life states added to the game. Even some new ones would be cool, like demons/succubus.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited July 2020
    I wish they would fix plant sims,ghosts and aliens first and give them depth they deserve

and I wish we had actual dragons too like ts1 & better

I wouldn't be against fairies and werewolves either tbh if they made them properly this time but in past games i feel those have been left too shallow so idk what to expect and that makes me want them less

something like happy haunts is more my interest cause its less about lifestate and more about dark occult related gameplay

or perhaps new lifestates would be cool
    like something we haven't had before
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Yes plz give us Happy Haunts
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Don't forget that not everyone wants supernatural/occult content in their games. Some might be more "realism" type players, others may have religious objections (or their parents may have objections if the player is still at home). And Supernatural may have been the second worst pack of Sims3 (Showtime edges it out) because it was supernatural overload; all the occult types were watered down with the possible exception of vampires that got an upgrade over the Late Night variety. With the current trend of GPs devoted to supernaturals, it's easier for people to skip them without feeling like they're missing an entire EP, and more developer time/energy/budget can be focused on occult gameplay.

People don't skip the gamepack though, they buy it anyway then scream and complain until the occult presence is nerfed so badly that the occult players aren't even satisfied with the pack. I'm still salty that my max level knows all spells and potions witches will run to the kitchen and cook instead of conjuring food autonomously. Or stand around crying because I locked the bathroom in a fit of temper because she won't autonomously use scuberoo.

So much this, I remember having a couple of arguments/debates with a particular simmer who was complaining about vampire walk-bys, you know, them walking through the neighbourhood just like any other random NCP or Townie and how the simmer in question considered said simple function that was designed to give the game a sense of "life" as the vampire "breaking in" to their sims "private" space. When I asked them why they brought the pack if they hated supernatural sims, their reply was "I just wanted the Build/Buy items because I wanted to make a "fixer-upper" house."
    Just all of my whats, I don't begrudge someone wanting more CaS or B/B options, because let's face it, more items just means more fun. But don't complain about the main feature/appeal of the pack, especially if it's something you don't want in your "realistic" game. Because there's a good chance that there are people who are the opposite of what you would like in a game. Thanks to people like the simmer I argued with the vampire break-in's, visits and even the vampire tutorial have been nerfed. Not to mention it's why other supernatural, like spellcasters (as you said) act more like non-occult sims than occult. It's hugely a disappointment for those of us who love occult gameplay and want them in our games.
    /rant
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2020
    Thanks to people like the simmer I argued with the vampire break-in's, visits and even the vampire tutorial have been nerfed. Not to mention it's why other supernatural, like spellcasters (as you said) act more like non-occult sims than occult. It's hugely a disappointment for those of us who love occult gameplay and want them in our games.

That kind of thing annoys me so much. I bought vampires the other day and it's like vampires don't even exist in the game! They never leave their house at all now, I rarely see them walking around Forgotten Hollow at all even at night, they don't go to any community lots I place in Forgotten Hollow even if they have the attract vampires trait, and they never turn up at my sims door. Forgotten Hollow is full of random townies walking around and no vampires! It's so annoying.

I really don't understand why these people have to spoil everyone elses fun - if you don't want vampires, simply don't buy vampires or delete the vampire sims from the world?? There's only 3, it's not hard to get rid of them. You don't see occult players screaming about parenthood but for some reason so many mundane players feel entitled and like they can just rain on everyone elses parade.

I remember when Vampires and ROM came out people were screaming that there was no bunk beds and spiral staircases and that that's more important than supernatural gameplay, sadly a lot of family players have this entitled attitude and will hate on anything that isn't directly made for them and act like their opinion is more important than others. (See how supernatural players have waited patiently for six years for fairies, werewolves, etc. with very little complaining whilst family gameplayers resort to harrassing the developers on twitter and sending them tons of abuse if they don't get bunk beds and farming the second they start yelling.)

Also same thing happened with ROM, spellcasters and basically anything else magical doesnt exist in the main game as family players would scream their heads off so instead we're reduced to only seeing magic in the realm and glimmerbrook is just a generic forest world
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    Thanks to people like the simmer I argued with the vampire break-in's, visits and even the vampire tutorial have been nerfed. Not to mention it's why other supernatural, like spellcasters (as you said) act more like non-occult sims than occult. It's hugely a disappointment for those of us who love occult gameplay and want them in our games.

That kind of thing annoys me so much. I bought vampires the other day and it's like vampires don't even exist in the game! They never leave their house at all now, I rarely see them walking around Forgotten Hollow at all even at night, they don't go to any community lots I place in Forgotten Hollow even if they have the attract vampires trait, and they never turn up at my sims door. Forgotten Hollow is full of random townies walking around and no vampires! It's so annoying.

I really don't understand why these people have to spoil everyone elses fun - if you don't want vampires, simply don't buy vampires or delete the vampire sims from the world?? There's only 3, it's not hard to get rid of them. You don't see occult players screaming about parenthood but for some reason so many mundane players feel entitled and like they can just rain on everyone elses parade.

I remember when Vampires and ROM came out people were screaming that there was no bunk beds and spiral staircases and that that's more important than supernatural gameplay, sadly a lot of family players have this entitled attitude and will hate on anything that isn't directly made for them and act like their opinion is more important than others. (See how supernatural players have waited patiently for six years for fairies, werewolves, etc. with very little complaining whilst family gameplayers resort to harrassing the developers on twitter and sending them tons of abuse if they don't get bunk beds and farming the second they start yelling.)

Tell me about it, I've had Vampires since it released and my gosh the changes are so obvious it's honestly disgusting. While I admit having vampires show up on my sims front porch nearly every night was a bit of a PitA, but I found ways of avoiding them. Like just send your sims to bed and ignore the vampire at the door, to avoid having them show up beyond the first scripted break-in, just don't do anything vampire-related, like researching vampire facts on the computer. It's that simple and yet, normies just claimed that it was this "overactive" feature that was "broken" and "disrupting" their play style (seriously, if they want broken features they're more than welcome to check out N.A.P's from EL). Like the 3 vampires from Forgotten Hollow are NPC's just like any other pre-made sim, it's only natural to see them being used to fill in occupations like being a chef or a market stall vendor, it's how the game functions.

Exactly, none of the occult players harass the devs about "realistic/normal" gameplay when it's added to the game, but yet somehow the normie players think/feel they have the right to turn around and be all "ThErE's ToO mUcH oCcUlT gAmE pLaY, iT's NoT rEaLIsTiC! ReEeEe!" just flip off with your backwards Twitter logic. It's disgusting and show's just how childish and immature you are. Honestly, it's just sad to see a pack's feature be shrunk down to something almost non-existent to appease the small vocal minority who are just acting like spoiled entitled brats, it's honestly unfair for those of us who love the features and want them to be there and the fact it bubbles over to future packs where any occult gameplay or feature will be watered down because of "I'm special, listen to me" or "think of the children" mentality because people just ca't leave things well enough alone.
    *exhale* I guess at the end of the day EA, as a company wants to make a profit and the devs need to get paid because frankly, many of them don't get paid enough for what they have to put up with on a near day to day basis. That said, I just wish they'd stop bending to the outrage and just stick to their guns with occult gameplay.
    /rant

Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Hope that no one is forgotten that Alien & Ghost are considered as an occult too. I wish that they could do something on Alien as well as the Ghost.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Hope that no one is forgotten that Alien & Ghost are considered as an occult too. I wish that they could do something on Alien as well as the Ghost.

I agree, Aliens, Ghosts and Plantsims need a major overhaul, Mermaids also need to be expanded upon as well.
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Maybe instead of fairies, they could expand on Plantsims and make them a true occult state.
    @stilljustme2 Oh, Sims 2 plantsims were so much fun :'D

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Occults were never a focus. They originally were random, small parts of a game added for shiggles. Fairies and werewolves only came out in TS3. To expect them to be added to 4 is unrealistic. They aren't an occult type that's been featured in every iteration like vampires.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Occults were never a focus. They originally were random, small parts of a game added for shiggles. Fairies and werewolves only came out in TS3. To expect them to be added to 4 is unrealistic. They aren't an occult type that's been featured in every iteration like vampires.

The same thing can be said about Toddlers and Children. They were never a "focus" in Sims 1 and Toddlers didn't even exist until Sims 2. Magic and Supernatural however, did. Therefore, there's no reason to include the preteens that people are requesting, right? Or we could say the same about activities and career types and technology. But the truth is, the game evolves as it passes each iteration. At least...it should.

On that note, I found it very interesting indeed when the devs posted those stats on the 20th anniversary and Vampires came out on top at 6.9 million made by players. Mermaids came out at 1 million. Toddlers, however, came out at 173 thousand. Vocal minority indeed. I think those numbers revealed a whole lot more about Sims players than we realized.

So the only conclusion I can come up with for nerfing Occults is that they don't fit into EA's "feel good", trend-pandering marketing plans. They don't count as "inclusive" or "diverse" and they don't instigate a positive emotional response or relatable sob story.

Frankly, that sucks. (Pun intended.)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    They need to bump the rating if a proper occult expansion is to be done. Zombies don't eat lettuce. Werewolves are not pets. We need to add a Vampire hunter. This Disney occult is just wrong.
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    edited July 2020
    You know what would be amazing? Never done before? A simulation specifically for all occults, no human sims allowed! That way occult players can get the best of the best without the humans getting in the way as they always do. Why isn't this a thing yet? For the love of .... make it an M rating.

Honorable mention for @Gordy Dragons done the correct way! 😉
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2020

And The Sims has never been a farming simulator either, doesn't stop people screaming about farming on a daily basis.

Could say the same about peoples beloved bunk beds aswell, they were only ever a feature in TS3, none of the other games have them. They're less of a "Sims Essential" than occults are.

tenor.gif

• Options
    Ember_FoxEmber_Fox Posts: 46 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    You know what would be amazing? Never done before? A simulation specifically for all occults, no human sims allowed! That way occult players can get the best of the best without the humans getting in the way as they always do. Why isn't this a thing yet? For the love of .... make it an M rating.

That sounds interesting. Do you mean it as an expansion pack/game pack for Sims 4 that would only focus and expand on occults? Were there would be like a huge world for occults to act like occults that is completely magical/alien and only occults would be able to visit, live or own a shop in this world? If so that would be great :) I also think it would be fun if there were also hobbies added that were only usable by occults.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member

First of all, thank you for the mention. 🙏 May Torch's fire guide us all.

Second, I'd actually like to see humans be a part of the world too. Humans may shun the alternative un-lifestyle, but we can't exclude those we find strange and difficult. We must accept the paranormally-challenged, because we need them to make the perfect world.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »

First of all, thank you for the mention. 🙏 May Torch's fire guide us all.

Second, I'd actually like to see humans be a part of the world too. Humans may shun the alternative un-lifestyle, but we can't exclude those we find strange and difficult. We must accept the paranormally-challenged, because we need them to make the perfect world.

Also...Vampires need to eat. o:)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    "ThErE's ToO mUcH oCcUlT gAmE pLaY, iT's NoT rEaLIsTiC! ReEeEe!"

For some reason I read that in lilsimsie's voice and I was not amused...
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?