Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Spark'd - Challenges July 17

Comments

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm guessing that on August 2, when the submission period ends, some poor person will have a week to go through and delete all the builds and Sims that don't follow the rules, and we'll have until August 9 to vote. But there will be thousands of people entering, so it will still be hard to find things.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I was just having a look at the stylist side and I counted. The top 50 submissions and only TWO follow the rules. 2/50...

Someone is going to have a big job here weeding this out. It's really astounding me though how many people and their blatant disregard and lack of respect for the rules. Of course if nothing is stopping them and there is no consequences other than not being picked at the end, it's worth it to them for the exposure? Weird flex but okay...
    I expected some exploitation, I didn't expect to see it at the capacity that it is though. It's really disappointing, I thought the community was better was than that.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    I was just having a look at the stylist side and I counted. The top 50 submissions and only TWO follow the rules. 2/50...

Someone is going to have a big job here weeding this out. It's really astounding me though how many people and their blatant disregard and lack of respect for the rules. Of course if nothing is stopping them and there is no consequences other than not being picked at the end, it's worth it to them for the exposure? Weird flex but okay...
    I expected some exploitation, I didn't expect to see it at the capacity that it is though. It's really disappointing, I thought the community was better was than that.

I doubt many even read the rules. I am not even sure why EA thought that the uploads would be any different from the regular uploads in the gallery, especially since they didn't implement any filters on uploads. Last I checked it wasn't even possible to see who go the most heart votes. The lady in charge was saying something about changing/updating the rules, so who know how it will be in the end.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I was never interested in the show, but I thought the challenges could be fun and that I might submit something if I found the theme inspiring. Now I am not so sure. I started making a couple for the current theme but when I looked at the Spark'd tab I was really taken aback. I mean, I have no interest to appear on TV playing the Sims (not that I had a chance of winning anyway), but I was hoping to have fun with this part of Spark'd. But like others already mentioned, there are so many unrelated and generic submissions it kind of spoiled for me.

I just participate for fun. I don't even want to be part of any TV show. I think it's nice to have something that we can share in the gallery especially when creating something with a specific direction/theme where almost every member of the community participated.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I doubt many even read the rules. I am not even sure why EA thought that the uploads would be any different from the regular uploads in the gallery, especially since they didn't implement any filters on uploads. Last I checked it wasn't even possible to see who go the most heart votes. The lady in charge was saying something about changing/updating the rules, so who know how it will be in the end.

True, it sorts by most downloads for "popular". It's going to be a giant task for someone later to what? Hand count the hearts? They must be changing the rules or the gallery. Something's gotta give.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Can there be a coding challenge where the community fixes the bugs in this game that EA won’t?

And pay them $100k. Thanks.
  • pandykekekepandykekeke Posts: 54 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    Can there be a coding challenge where the community fixes the bugs in this game that EA won’t?

I think that's a pretty legit idea
    Origin ID: pandykekeke
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »

:D:D:D:D
  • FiddelizFiddeliz Posts: 39 Member
    Me myself really want to be on the show, even though I don't have a youtube channel or any type of fame in the community, because of my love for the game and competition shows. This is MY type of challenge. Even if I would not win, this would be really fun! But because of the factors I already mentioned, and the way the gallery hides away any type of amateur creators, this will remain a distant dream haha.

Also, the gallery screenshots of builds are terrible, you should be able to choose your own, or at least have the option to look more closely at a build. The builds that will be considered must have a great curb appeal, so if your build has some great elements on the back of the lot, or inside, this will be really hard to notice by the gallery screenshots. If they only look at the builds with the most likes, the judges will overlook a lot of creative builders.

Even though I had fun building my wedding venue, this is very off-putting for me and I don't know if I will participate in the next challenge if this is how they will choose the winners. I mean obviously the established accounts with the most followers will win, aka not me or anyone of my caliber will stand a chance anyway.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Hey um it seems I can ask questions here the thread not locked...

So is a video only for Storyteller challenges cuz I'm a bit poor and not tech savvy so definitly not capable of making videos. But I like the idea of submitting a build or Sim
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone!

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback and ideas here. :heart: I do understand your concerns and will pass your points on, but don't be discouraged to participate because if you want to share your creations with the community, nothing should keep you from doing so! :)
    At least I can say something regarding some of the things mentioned here:

1. When it comes to others using your creations, don't forget that you can report that content using the Plagiarism report flag.
    2. If you participate but don't want to be on the show should you win, rest assured that you don't have to be on the show - that's completely voluntary and there won't be any pressure!
    3. If you have questions about the judging process, there is a section in the official rules that covers it and may answer some of your questions.

I hope that helps to clear things up a bit for now. :)

- Leeloo
  • amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited July 2020
    I would really like to see the submissions and judging included in this section of the message boards, so every player can share more pictures of their builds, and talk about them. Plus, the judges would be able to see legit entries vs. people just scamming the hashtag. JMO.
    @WolfNate I created a more comprehensive post and removed the old FAQ thread so I merged your post with this thread. :)

And to answer your question: yes, the video format is only for the Storyteller Challenge, so don't fret. But who knows, you might be surprised what a great video you can actually put together ... this might be the time to try! ;)
    But either way, I'm sure your creation will be wonderful no matter which challenge you ultimately go for!
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Just curious. I made some sims and some wedding lots previously that I'd like to reupload for the current Spark'd challenge but when I try it tells me that I'm not allowed to use the challenge hashtag. Does that mean that only lots and sims made during the challenge are eligible and anything made previously is ineligible?

PDWxp40.jpg
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    lsnishi wrote: »
    Just curious. I made some sims and some wedding lots previously that I'd like to reupload for the current Spark'd challenge but when I try it tells me that I'm not allowed to use the challenge hashtag. Does that mean that only lots and sims made during the challenge are eligible and anything made previously is ineligible?

You don't have to put in the Sparkd hashtags, the Gallery does it for you, so it won't let you upload to the competition if you added them yourself. Just leave enough space in the description. There's two of them, #Sparkddestination and #sparkdchallenge that will appear after you upload.

Hope that helps. 🙂
    #Team Occult
    Thanks @LiELF ! That explains it! Appreciate the help!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Thanks @LiELF ! That explains it! Appreciate the help!

Glad it worked for you! Good luck and have fun! :)
    #Team Occult
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Maybe they didn't even read the rules -- just submitted what they had. I've got a pair entered (called Odd Couple; a slob vampire and a neat spellcaster), but they'll likely get lost in the mountains of entries. Next challenge I'll get my Sims in early; I can't build worth a lick but I'm decent at Sims creation.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Genie1221Genie1221 Posts: 223 Member
    I am trying to enter my submission... but I keep getting an error message that states that I have an incorrect lot type for the challenge and to check the rules, blah, blah, blah....

I have checked the rules and it states that ANY LOT TYPE IS ALLOWED!
    Additionally:

Any lot size is allowed
    Any lot type is allowed
    All build cheats and hidden objects allowed
    No Simoleon (§) limit
    DLC not required
    Custom Content (CC), custom thumbnails, poses and mods are not allowed (Stylist, Builder)

So what's the deal? I am submitting a 50x50 lot, Restaurant lot type. I did use Move Objects On to place the landscaping, § are unlimited, I did use some DLC from packs I have... such as Island Living because well... it's a Beach Wedding and I don't own any Custom Content of any kind.
    @Genie1221, I had the same problem submitting my lot as a restaurant. I ended up just uploading it as a generic lot even though it is a restaurant. I think this is an oversight.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Genie1221Genie1221 Posts: 223 Member
    @Genie1221, I had the same problem submitting my lot as a restaurant. I ended up just uploading it as a generic lot even though it is a restaurant. I think this is an oversight.

Thank you for the information.

Hey everyone!

Thank you all for your feedback and your reports about your issues with uploading creations. This should be fixed now. :)

Also, we are already in the final stretch for submitting content for the first Spark'd Challenge! The submission window closes on August 2, 2020 so if you want to share your creations, please do so soon!

- Leeloo
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @EA_Leeloo what about the issues people that just wanna vote is having? I get tired of scrolling through submissions that doesn't make sense. It's hard to compare when the gallery is in such a big mess. I feel this voting is not gonna be fair...
    Hey @telmarina! I totally get where you're coming from. As far as I know, this is being looked into so, hopefully, soon we'll have news on this. :)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    EA_Leeloo wrote: »
    Hey @telmarina! I totally get where you're coming from. As far as I know, this is being looked into so, hopefully, soon we'll have news on this. :)

Thank you @EA_Leeloo . Will be looking forward to it :)