Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Youtuber Breaking CC Creators' TOU

SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
edited July 2020 in General Mods Discussion
Hi! There's a sims youtuber that is reuploading her downloads folder and profiting off of it via Patreon and Ad.fly. This is against the rules to put CC behind paywalls and it breaks a lot of creators' TOU regarding their CC. Please do not harass them, this is meant to tell people about what she's doing, why it's not right, and get her to stop.
。゚゚・。・゚゚。
.~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
 ゚・。・
Post edited by Schmoloop on

Comments

• gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited July 2020
    It's not against EA's rules to put CC behind a pay wall. It's perfectly fine, as long as they release it to the public after a reasonable amount of time.

And actually what you call "creators TOU" is actually wrong. Creators have NO rights to Sims content. ALL of it is free. ALL CC and Mods can be freely taken, modified, used, and re-uploaded all they want. This is why there was never any legal action taken against sites like "DownWithPatreon" who re-post Sims 4 patreon content creators.

You can freely take someone's mod or cc and call it your own. There will never be any legal action against you...

But you certainly won't be very popular...
  • SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    edited July 2020
    gettps wrote: »
    It's not against EA's rules to put CC behind a pay wall. It's perfectly fine, as long as they release it to the public after a reasonable amount of time.

And actually what you call "creators TOU" is actually wrong. Creators have NO rights to Sims content. ALL of it is free. ALL CC and Mods can be freely taken, modified, used, and re-uploaded all they want. This is why there was never any legal action taken against sites like "DownWithPatreon" who re-post Sims 4 patreon content creators.

You can freely take someone's mod or cc and call it your own. There will never be any legal action against you...

But you certainly won't be very popular...

I know what you mean but she hasn’t taken it down even after two weeks and I’m aware no legal action can be taken about the cc. I just find it to be a bit rude to profit off of other people’s cc.
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • SaltyCarameloSaltyCaramelo Posts: 5 New Member
    Probably not a good idea to name and shame here, even if it is wrong what they are doing, naming and shaming goes against most forums rules.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited July 2020
    Schmoloop wrote: »
    I know what you mean but she hasn’t taken it down even after two weeks and I’m aware no legal action can be taken about the cc. I just find it to be a bit rude to profit off of other people’s cc.

Unfortunately that's quite common. There are a LOT of patreon users who are only out to make money through this. They release poorly designed and broken CC or Mods using pretty pictures and never release it for free. I see it all the time.

EA says the rule is like 3 weeks. Although I've see some mods go a year or more before they even bother to release it. I tend to boycott those mods.

Most decent content puts mods in beta for testing behind a pay wall so users can suggest features and such. Once it goes live, they release it public.

Look at it like this... The content was intended to be free. EA says it's all FREE. If a user wants you to pay them for FREE content? They're not worth my time.
  • SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    Probably not a good idea to name and shame here, even if it is wrong what they are doing, naming and shaming goes against most forums rules.

Oh, sorry! I'll take it out.
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
     ゚・。・