Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else not play with supernaturals at all?

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm not really that bothered by supernaturals, I make my sims supernaturals sometimes just to make gameplay more interesting but I don't do supernatural things with them really. Like if my sim is a witch they'll cast spells sometimes to clean up and stuff but I don't ever go all out with witchy supernatural type gameplay. I hate aliens though, I don't like how they're included in Get to Work, I just don't want them at all. Getting abducted is entertaining but having weird green sims walking around when you go to the bar I don't want
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I bought Supernatural for the content mainly and I played it in the beginning but got bored with it. I use the clothes and hair for my period Sims and the furniture.
  • Stayc615Stayc615 Posts: 37 Member
    I played with Vampires for a short bit but man do they need a lot of babysitting. ROM only because my sim got knocked up by one of the wizards. And my 100 baby, I just wanted a mer-baby. Any pack with supers in it I usually get for clothes and bb
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don't play with occults. Absolutely hate making them because of the constant CAS animations that drive me crazy.

I also had to humanize all mermaids in my save with MCC because they would only have mermaid babies no matter who they had a baby with, it was always a mermaid and it got to a point where probably around 1/4 of my save's population was mermaids
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    Supernaturals are not a big part of my play. I grew bored of Plantsims & witches if I introduced one in Sims 2; I never bothered to buy the pack in Sims 3; and in Sims 4 I've only ever played one vampire. I do use spellcasters a bit more than expected, in part because they can clone Moodlet Solvers, and bring back Sims who die prematurely -- freezing at the gym as visitors, for instance. I also use the Wishing Well, but it's a fickle thing. That said, I can't pretend my Sims exist in the "real" world", because I invariably have Sims who are still in their 20s when their kids die of old age!
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    All packs have features that I like, but occults were almost never what sold me on them. I deleted most of them in my game (though in some saves, the Maxis recreation of Pollination Technician Smith from TS2 is running around; but he is the only one). I have MCCC set up to only draw townies from my tray, exactly as how I (or whoever created any gallery Sims; or Sims from other sites I downloaded) appear when I created them. In addition, it is set to "0" for maximum occult population for each type. Realism is a big thing to me in the game, and I don't really mess with occults.

The frustrating thing is that when my own Sims I have created somehow get spawned as aliens or other occult Sims . Anyway to disable this in MCCC?
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    Not a fan. Have actually uninstalled Vampires from my game as I got sick and tired of Vlad harassing my Sims. I wish there was a way of accessing CAS and objects from the pack without having to have the vampires in the game. I never choose an occult Sim when creating a new household.
    I don't mind the aliens but I think the machine like sound of their voice is really annoying so I don't play with them specifically.
    Ghosts I usually don't mind but don't go out of my way to include them in game play.

I killed him by accident. He sent me a text to go to eat at a restaurant during the day and we sat outside. Needless to say he died. (lol)
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I like having them in my game but I don‘t like playing them. Witches are fine though.
  • DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    I have the expansion pack, but I don't really interact with it. I don't make vampires, fairies, or anything like that, but it's neat to me having those sorts of Sims in my town. It's an interesting little quirk.
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...
  • GunngirlGunngirl Posts: 32 Member
    I can't stand Supernaturals. I didn't mind Vampires in Sims 2, and I'm glad Vampires are a separate pack in TS4. I have to admit I was so annoyed with the community screaming for Mermaids and Magic. I feel like everyone has forgotten about mermaids already, lol. Well, at least the youtubers have. Now people want Werewolves. I feel like we need to perfect the Sims themselves before we go to Werewolves and such.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I love vampires and witches, and wish we had werewolves
    But, I also wish we had the ability to toggle them on or off, because I don't want them in every save.
    I also wish townie supernaturals could be turned on or off.
    The game needs more player control. We need to be able to adapt it to the way each of us want to play it.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don’t play with them. Not really anyway. For my legacy save, I had a few mermaids. But I found them very underwhelming. I played with them enough in that save. I doubt I’ll play another mermaid sim. Maybe, when I finally resume my super sim challenge, I’ll buy the vampire pack and magic one. But as of right now I am in no hurry.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Aliens I don't play with (NPC) always parks their spaceships in front of the laundry :D

Never tried on sims 2 by the way.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited June 2020
    I really like to play with all the sims, I can have, and make in the game, supernaturals or not. I like the mermaids, the aliens and the vampires. And I get mad when I can't make hybrids that work properly. I admit, I made a few, and I think it is too bad, that the game doesn't support hybrids in a proper way. At least it could let the baby be a choice of what genes they should bring on and what not.

F.ex. the alien/vampire hybrid is NOT able to change clothes in CAS but works properly for both super naturals, though. I am still working on it, because I love to experiment.
    This is an alien/vampire hybrid, looking almost normal.
    TkfEEHg.jpg

And this is how the game presents him:
    n9VFxFt.jpg
    mrmm8AJ.jpg

He is growing up now, and I have grown very fond of him, and like all his powers, even when he is so bad tempered and depressed that he needs his diary a lot.
    xSR75fB.jpg

And this is his son, he has with a mermaid. It looks as if this child "only" is a mermaid/alien hybrid.
    Cs2loHB.jpg

• bees123bees123 Posts: 12 New Member
    Oh Supernatural destroyed most of my saves so I never use it anymore, and am determined to never use the ones for other games out of pure spite
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I really like supernaturals so much that I play Sims 4 Vampires, Spellcasters & Mermaids.
    I also play Werewolves & Fairies in Sims 3.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I love them and love having them in my game but I usually don't play with them. I don't know why that is.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I just made a family with 5 supernaturals lol.
    I normally don't care much for supernaturals but I usually have one save I call the supernatural save and with that I can go all out and create a world just with supernaturals, with hideouts, haunted churches, graveyards etc. That helps immerse myself in the supernatural world.

Having a supernatural storyline in the same save as my normal storylines does make the experience a little confusing since many times normal gameplay and occults don't go well together.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I don't. I even want ghosts removed.
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    I never play supernaturals despite owning the Vampires pack and Realm of Magic as I wanted some of the Build/Buy & CAS content and as much as I'd like a toggle to switch them of, it's not a dealbreaker to me. I use mods to keep any game-spawned vampires from disrupting my gameplay and that seems to work well enough for me.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I love playing with Supernaturals in TS3. Although I tend to play with a fixed moon phase to prevent zombies from wrecking my gardens :) I have no experience of TS4 Supernaturals but feel sorry for any player that is bothered by their presence without the ability to toggle them out of the game. I agree with OP it is essential TS5 has this facility.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    In fact I would love some different super naturals like demons, angels and fairies. I was expecting some fairies, when I discoverd the Sylvanian Glade. But it seems like we will not get any.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I dont really like vampires, but I love mermaids and spellcasters, so that helps. Aliens I dont use as much. The only reason I have vampires and GTW is for the careers iin GTW, and cas and build items in Vampires
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    If they are going to add them via expansion packs that have other themes instead of dedicated packs for them then they need to add a toggle like sims 3 somewhat did.