Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hint at Playable Schools?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    I've recently posted something about boarding schools on a thread which new/other school systems should/could be incorporated into the Sims franchise, but i've surely not been the onlyone. ^^
    I don't want to get your hopes down, but i don't think we'll get something like this, as much i'd like it, too. If it is well developed.
    It's probaly just some flavor text that came unnoticed with parenthood pack or something.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2020
    It'ld be really cool though. I have anything more to add to my rich teen education. The boarding schools or an expensive private school withfocus in developing certain skills would be great!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Maybe some more options were unlocked as the child learned more skills, played, read a book etc. It happens all the time in Sims 4.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I saw someone say something about boarding schools and bro, I’d die.... do you guys remember boarding schools in ts2??? Ts3 was cool too but ts2 with the interviews????? I’d literally die
    I wish we could have customisable boarding schools - I always give my posh sims school uniform in CAS 😂

What if they made a pack where you could customize the school uniforms and everything else? Perhaps they could have a private school option where you could sign your kid and teen up for specific classes. Each kid could choose one specialty to go to each week as well. This kind of pack could add more play options like Mary Mack, tag, jump rope, seesaw, slides, tree houses, and the like. It could flesh out both children and teens with unique gameplay that they need. I would enjoy a pack like this!
  • Options
    GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    edited July 2020
    I’ve just been playing with my child sim and the same thing has happened again but with a slightly different message...

“During their free time, the children worked together to get a head start on their homework.”

This set her homework task to 50% complete, and after she had finished her homework, she got a +1 Confidence moodlet that says..

Homework Champion
    (From Completing Homework)

Nothing like finishing a little school work to boost the old confidence.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2020
    Personally I don't really think playable schools will be that entertaining at all. I am assuming that it's going to work exactly like the GTW/active careers where you go to a building and get repetitive tasks all the time.

-Make homework
    -Ask for help
    -Research blablabla
    -Take food from the cafetaria
    -Go to the toilet

Repeat

Personally I do not think that is entertaining gameplay at all. If they are going to do playable schools, i'd rather have them give Simmers full control and freedom, because I can tell you that by the time that pack is a week or maybe two old, Simmers will be bored already and it becomes a nuisance and people don't bother with it anymore.

I think adding onto the schooling system is not a bad idea at all, but please, I hope they will add that as a more minor feature to a Generations EP instead and give kids (and all life stages) more to do when they are not at school.

But to each their own, we will see!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I and a lot of other people like active careers and would like active schools
    I like gtw and get famous and think a school pack would be fun
    they could also add home schooling and I would really like it if they brought back the headmaster and prom
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    they could also add home schooling and I would really like it if they brought back the headmaster and prom

That's a totally fair point.

I don't know, I personally got bored quite quickly of the active GTW careers because to me they were to linear and goal oriented.
    However, I'm sure there are people that don't care about that and still having a lot of fun.

We will see what happens. I hope we will get more information about the pack next month.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I have to report the same thing (but with grade schoolers aka children). It happened in Sulani for me. The child had high responsibility value (which would make more sense as responsible adults will have their work daily tasks done after work).
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

That's a totally fair point.

I don't know, I personally got bored quite quickly of the active GTW careers because to me they were to linear and goal oriented.
    However, I'm sure there are people that don't care about that and still having a lot of fun.

We will see what happens. I hope we will get more information about the pack next month.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Personally I don't really think playable schools will be that entertaining at all. I am assuming that it's going to work exactly like the GTW/active careers where you go to a building and get repetitive tasks all the time.

-Make homework
    -Ask for help
    -Research blablabla
    -Go to the toilet

Repeat

Personally I do not think that is entertaining gameplay at all. If they are going to do playable schools, i'd rather have them give Simmers full control and freedom, because I can tell you that by the time that pack is a week or maybe two old, Simmers will be bored already and it becomes a nuisance and people don't bother with it anymore.

I think adding onto the schooling system is not a bad idea at all, but please, I hope they will add that as a more minor feature to a Generations EP instead and give kids (and all life stages) more to do when they are not at school.

I think what would make it more interesting is having drama. Social cliques, bullying, pulling pranks on teachers, popularity, gossip. I could see the return of the social groups from Sims 3 University too. Things like that would elevate a pack and make it more interesting.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    bixters wrote: »

-Make homework
    -Ask for help
    -Research blablabla
    -Go to the toilet

Repeat

I think what would make it more interesting is having drama. Social cliques, bullying, pulling pranks on teachers, popularity, gossip. I could see the return of the social groups from Sims 3 University too. Things like that would elevate a pack and make it more interesting.

This is what we need 🤩🤩🤩
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    It's not a mod. I have seen it for quite a while. I think it just something that comes up from time to time.