Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco-Life is BROKEN

ElysianBlightElysianBlight Posts: 82 Member
edited July 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I bought this expansion on sale and I seriously regret it. This is the worst one yet.. *everything* I have tried to do with it is broken.

1) The "sharing is caring" NAP is ridiculous. Fundamental items like counters randomly vanish from inside your home and you have no way of knowing who took them and no way to get them back. What is the point of that? It's not very "eco" for me to constantly be buying new furniture because someone randomly took off with mine.

2) My Freegan sim steals from HIMSELF. He lives in an off the grid, volcanic lot in a remote area of Sulani. He does not leave this lot because he is constantly repairing his stuff and struggling to squeeze the land for enough money to pay his taxes. There are NO other houses or community lots nearby.
Yet, sometimes I get a pop up that says "___ has successfully swiped an item without drawing attention!"
What did he swipe? There is nothing in his inventory, nothing in the household inventory. Oh, joy, my own trashcan is missing. So I stole my own trashcan and vanished it into the ether.. now I need to buy a new one and he gets sad because we bought a new item. 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

3) Off the grid in general seems bjorked. I know this was a thing before eco life, but eco life made it more feasible to do. Except not, because I keep getting told that my house is out of power even though I have three wind turbines and NO items that should be using power. Does the off-grid shower use power? The candles? The bookshelf? Where the heck is the power going?!

3a) Also you can't feed your sim very well without a fridge, which sucks. I know there is an "off grid" fridge that you can put ice in.. but why do I have to have a fridge at all. If I'm growing my own fresh food, why can't I make salad with just a cooler and not a fridge?!

I've only been playing this expansion for two days. I'm afraid to see what else is completely broken the further I get into it. :(:(
Please fix this. You shouldn't release things like this!!

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    There are a lot of bugs from this one.. be careful not to visit community lots with sharing is caring active, as other Sims will steal required items and break the lot. You can find a list of reported bugs here, and click “me too” on any you have.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/m-p/9184455#M135902
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Bugs keep piling up everytime there is a patch and new pack, I think that the best way to play sims 4 is when they dont have any updates for two months so that it gives modder the chance to came up with their own bug fix and then refrain from downloading any updates in Origin as to not introduce anymore bugs, I did made my own vampire bug fix that they introduced in Get Famous and only have been fixed a year later. I dont know what is going on in the studio but there must be some other devs who focused on bug fixing other than @SimGuruNick but the amount of bugs right now is unbearable I agree.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • DrWrightDrWright Posts: 29 Member
    There's not much to do or get in Ecolife and it didn't add much I regret buying it. I should've just bought a box set of Captain Planet.
  • pandykekekepandykekeke Posts: 54 Member
    edited July 2020
    yes, i don't know what to do about the sharing is caring nap or freegan trait. my non-residential lots can't function! obviously they're open to the public so EVERYTHING goes missing ugh. I'm also very confused about how the footprint works. After working so hard to make the footprint green, with a SURPLUS amount of green items, the footprint might randomly switch back to neutral or industrial when i re-enter the lot after playing some other household. This must be a bug right? I've been looking for help on this. Please if anyone knows the place/forum/site for this specific issue, please link me.
    Origin ID: pandykekeke
  • EricaMGreenEricaMGreen Posts: 5 New Member
    yeah this is the first time since playing the sims that I have had so many issues with the game. I get my lot green and it tells me that and then if I leave the game it's no longer green. when my sim was hunger I would grab left overs from the fridge and she wouldn't sit down to eat so I had to use the cheat to just fill her needs. I had a dinner party and you know how you can get a list of things to do to make the party go well, nothing work I was socializing with the guest and nothing counted so I had a bad party. The one bug that seems to be fix now for me is when I would save items to my favorite after leaving the game and going back into it the items would be gone out of my favorites, I was having to keep adding them back in whenever I opened the game. Also if I cook a meal I notice that the food goes spoiled like quick. and one last thing I am a freelancer and I created floor lamps and I went to the computer and sent them back to the client for some reason the computer only recognized 2 lamps out of 3 and only sent the client 2 but took all 3 lamps so I would have to go back to the machine and make another lamp, which I found if I just go to my inventory I can send them that way but I only send one at a time now. I really like the idea and have been a fan of the sims since the beginning when it was just The Sims, now with all these issues I hardly play anymore, before I buy anything else they need to fix these issues first instead of coming out with another stuff pack.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I regret buying Eco Lifestyle. This was the first pack I bought within 24 hours of release, and I shouldn't have. I had to roll back to an earlier save due to the NAP spam gumming up my worlds (at least I had that backup though). I turned off NPC voting on the spammy NAPs so my current save is safe from this, but I'm really unhappy that I can't use features in the pack that I paid for. Plus I have many of the other issues posted at the Bug Reports Forum at AHQ. My plants are messed up, sims motives drop at a weird rate, the eco foot print seems broken, etc. and so on. I'm really unhappy at how much these bugs have stuffed up my game, 6 weeks and no patch for them, and minimal communication regarding them.

I'll never buy a pack at release ever again. I refuse to buy any future packs no matter how much I like them until they fix these bugs.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Hmmm, lets see how long EA/Maxis takes to create an fix.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    I’m just disappointed in this pack... I love the world and the sims but I should not have a broken game because of it.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Caring is Sharing almost ended my time with the Sims until I found you can remove the NPC from voting in the options. Down side is you got to start a new game but only my Sims control the voting. Oh the Garden is borked.
  • SmileyJ95SmileyJ95 Posts: 2 New Member
    Mine keeps getting a guitar out or a violin. They don't own either!!
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I don’t like the idea of voting in order to control other people (as long as they’re not causing harm), in real life or in a game. I already have the only N.A.P. I want in the game... it stands for Non-Aggression Principle. It confused me at first when I saw they were using the acronym NAP for this in Eco Lifestyle. Did they not know this is a libertarian core principle? Anyway. I expected all these things to be highly annoying, and they don’t seem to have playtested it so it’s even worse.
  • CitizenCobaltCitizenCobalt Posts: 70 Member
    Almost every N.A.P has drawbacks. Food? My sims leave half-cooked white cakes all over the place. Art? Constantly playing with that stupid ball of clay. And of course the usual "sharing" means everything gets stolen.
  • EvangelineEvangeline Posts: 59 Member
    i'm honestly at a loss. i cannot physically cope playing this game because of the bugs that have appeared. my sims are doing push ups and stealing essential items and playing with infinite balls of clay CONSTANTLY even with autonomy turned off. i don't understand why EA and the team behind TS4 are allowed to just carry on for so long without these bugs even being addressed. i've never got to the point where i've had to put down a game because it's so broken before, but that's the only thing i think i can do now. hopefully it will be fixed. i have found a couple of mods which tune the frequency of these actions, and i can link them to anyone who might need them.
  • Lisa13750Lisa13750 Posts: 194 Member
    edited July 2020
    Evangeline wrote: »
    i'm honestly at a loss. i cannot physically cope playing this game because of the bugs that have appeared. my sims are doing push ups and stealing essential items and playing with infinite balls of clay CONSTANTLY even with autonomy turned off. i don't understand why EA and the team behind TS4 are allowed to just carry on for so long without these bugs even being addressed. i've never got to the point where i've had to put down a game because it's so broken before, but that's the only thing i think i can do now. hopefully it will be fixed. i have found a couple of mods which tune the frequency of these actions, and i can link them to anyone who might need them.

YEEESSSS!!! Please link the mods!! This is my problem too. My sims are in Uni and in the middle of writing term papers, they stop to workout. Well they'll stop literally anything to do push ups! Also the amount of garbage around the house is crazy cause they keep getting out the ingredients for white cake. I've made so much money by selling tons and tons of clay! It's making it super annoying to play. I don't have any NAPS and they're acting like they're all picked. The cakes, the exercise, the kissing everyone (free love nap). My sims just keep getting made out with by a bunch of people they don't know (ah, college life! ha!) Dorms are also having everything stolen out of them and you can't go into buy mode to replace them either! ]
  • ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    edited July 2020
    I've effectively lost a 6 month save due to my sims not being able to enter their apartment anymore. They went on a dinner date, came back to Stonestreet Apartment 3, and the front door is completely gone. Not to mention that I ended up having to sell FIFTY THREE balls of clay in the 30 minutes (real time) I switched to a different household. I always buy packs the same day, but this is making me think I should no longer do so. Literally heartbroken that one buggy pack has destroyed my save.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2020
    I removed all the NAPs from every neighborhood. Starts playing my actor sim, and I am noticing that he is using the future cube constantly.

I wonder what the plum is going on, goes to to Answer HQ and notice that simvasion has written a long explanation how the NAP behavior can get stuck on sims even if you remove them. And that he has made a mod that fixes it.

This pack is going to ruin the saves for so many people.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm assuming no one here actually started a new Save Game before playing Eco Lifestyle. Always best to keep your original game intact and start a new Save Game when you buy any new pack. That way you can learn what you do and don't like. Then delete that game and Start a new saved game off of your original intact one with the things you've learned. I don't have any issues with Eco Lifestyle because I did just that. Once I started the new Save Game, I disabled all the NAPs, then I only added the three I wanted. No issues in any world. So, I am totally enjoying my Eco Lifestyle with no issues. @pandykekeke @ElysianBlight ...Hoping this helps some of you.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I'm assuming no one here actually started a new Save Game before playing Eco Lifestyle. Always best to keep your original game intact and start a new Save Game when you buy any new pack. That way you can learn what you do and don't like. Then delete that game and Start a new saved game off of your original intact one with the things you've learned. I don't have any issues with Eco Lifestyle because I did just that. Once I started the new Save Game, I disabled all the NAPs, then I only added the three I wanted. No issues in any world. So, I am totally enjoying my Eco Lifestyle with no issues. @pandykekeke @ElysianBlight ...Hoping this helps everyone.

See, the thing is, I always playtest new packs with a new Save before opening up my longterm save. I played through 8 weeks sim time, encountered a few bugs here and there, but never had the issues I'm having now with the NAPs.
    edited July 2020
    @ponderosa ...I did lol reading when you came back and the "front door is completely gone." Sharing is caring is no joke :# . How did your saves get destroyed if you always keep your original game is intact? Also, if you don't disable NAPs from the very start before playing, they are on and tough to nearly impossible to get rid of--which I learned in my test game. I get that no one should have to do that; yet, it is what it is. I'm not having any issues with NAPs because I disabled them when I deleted my test Save and started a new one. It is too annoying for my game to have them on.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    I'm assuming no one here actually started a new Save Game before playing Eco Lifestyle. Always best to keep your original game intact and start a new Save Game when you buy any new pack. That way you can learn what you do and don't like. Then delete that game and Start a new saved game off of your original intact one with the things you've learned. I don't have any issues with Eco Lifestyle because I did just that. Once I started the new Save Game, I disabled all the NAPs, then I only added the three I wanted. No issues in any world. So, I am totally enjoying my Eco Lifestyle with no issues. @pandykekeke @ElysianBlight ...Hoping this helps some of you.

what three naps did you use if you don't mind my asking?
    edited July 2020
    @wickichick ... I use these three:

1. Green Initiatives
    2. Modern Development
    3. Water Conservation

#3 happens one day a week when the water is shut off; so, my Sims just goes to one of his relative's house after work to take a bath and use their toilet; good time to visit the family. I also like number #3 because I enjoy receiving fines because he uses way too much water (super realistic to get fines) entertaining throughout the week.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    ty Hearts4u..i have written those down
    edited July 2020
    @ponderosa ...I did lol reading when you came back and the "front door is completely gone." Sharing is caring is no joke :# . How did your saves get destroyed if you always keep your original game is intact? Also, if you don't disable NAPs from the very start before playing, they are on and tough to nearly impossible to get rid of--which I learned in my test game. I get that no one should have to do that; yet, it is what it is. I'm not having any issues with NAPs because I disabled them when I deleted my test Save and started a new one. It is too annoying for my game to have them on.

No, it's not the Sharing is Caring one. It happened when my sims were off the lot when the Modern Development Project (may be messing up that title) passed. Came home to find no front door to their apartment. I can't add a new door because we cannot edit apartments in that manner, which is a design choice that I understand.

I had a blast with the NAPs in my test save and felt comfortable even with the small buggy things in my test save to continue using NAPs in my main save. I actually enjoyed them a LOT and wanted to play with them with my main save. The fact that my sims can not enter their home is a major issue. There have been multiple posts on the EA Help site about this happening. It is not just me. I shouldn't have to disable an entire feature of the pack (one that I enjoyed, mind you) just to keep something like this at bay.

If the glitch where sims are unable to enter their apartments were fixed, I would continue to use NAPs because it's a great idea and it's a lot of fun.... when it works. It has destroyed my save because when I roll back to a previous save, the issue is still there. I would have to go back 2 generations to "fix" it. That is a lot of time spent redoing things with no real guarantee that this issue would not occur again. Don't get me wrong, this could be an incredible pack. I, like many others, just need a massive bug patch.
  • EvangelineEvangeline Posts: 59 Member
    found the mods. think they've already been linked but just in case anyone wants them! the creator says you only need the mod 'Eco Lifestyle Interactions Fix', but i'll link their previous one as well. https://simvasion.wordpress.com/portfolio/eco-lifestyle-interactions-fixes/
    https://simvasion.wordpress.com/portfolio/nap-autonomy-fixes/
    obviously i'm not one of the developers so this is just speculative, but it feels like they didn't really play test a lot of the features of EL. the fact that the NAPs system is so odd and that the effects stack if you go to other neighbourhoods is...very disappointing? in my game currently i had to download that tuning mod, run cheats to remove the active NAPs, and then disable voting completely so that no new ones will be voted in. forgiveness and patience is key, but when it's a billion dollar company with 20 years industry experience behind them, i'm inclined to be less so.
  • Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    Some critical bugs in the game "The Sims 4" have been reported in the Answers HQ's bug report section for about two months now, and no fix has been released by EA. These bugs make the game almost unplayable. I'm referring to:

1- NPCs stealing objects in Community lots (making the lot corrupted) and in other sims' houses.

2- Sims cannot play dolls with kids, neither teach shapes to toddlers using blocks.

3- Plants disappear when harvested leaving a cherry where a cherry tree should be, for instance.

So, households cannot have guests or visit a community lot otherwise something will be stolen. Couples cannot have kids because they cannot teach toddlers. Sims cannot practice gardening because their plants disappear, even the cowplant!

EA PLEASE fix these things!