Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We don't need Sims 5

Comments

• jennydb91jennydb91 Posts: 23 Member
    I think people are pretty naive/overly optimistic to think The Sims 5 will be BETTER than TS4. They have watered down TS4 from TS3, what are the odds they won't water down TS5 too? Or release an even more unfinished game so we "have" to buy expansions?

I spent a lot of time before I bought TS4 - like a year or two after its release. Because I honestly didn't see it as very exciting, I read all the bad reviews, etc. And after buying I only played it occasionally because it was sort of, well, boring. Only after installing different expansion packs have I had bursts of "binge playing" before I tire of it again.

I don't know if I have outgrown The Sims or if the franchise has just gotten much worse - I still love it, and played it just a few days ago (after getting new expansions), but I don't feel a need for TS5. If it's released I doubt I will buy it. I think the relationship between me and The Sims are sort of like old friends from elementary school: It's nice to check up on them now and again, and you feel affectionate towards them and wish them all the best, but they're no longer a vital part of your life and that's okay. You have both moved on and you don't really have all that much in common anymore.
  • SkribblaSkribbla Posts: 1 New Member
    > @peragogo said:
    > I definitely agree. It's way too soon for The Sims 5 to come out, especially with all the potential improvements they're considering for The Sims 4 from the more recent surveys. It will likely be with us for a few more years yet, especially with the surge of attention and newer players it has gained in the last year. That's not normal in the lifespan of a game - there's the initial rush of attention, then it peters off, then there's an expansion and maybe a few more join but the more time goes on, the less likely it's going to grab much attention. The Sims 4 has
    >
    > I've been playing The Sims for 18 years and I'm not keen on buying another iteration of Seasons, Pets and University for the third or fourth time just yet. I'd rather we get to explore some other facets of life simulation before we jump over to a new one. Or even some other basic stuff, like slow dancing, freed babies, werewolves, burglars, etc etc.
    >
    > Build mode and Create A Sim are great in The Sims 4 - but for me, the problems mainly come down to the sims themselves. As an example, sims don't remember anything so relationships don't really matter as much. But they could either add a memory system or more advanced relationships, like what we've seen with the Parenthood pack. A version of the chemistry system from Sims 2 would be great, but that came from Nightlife. We sort of already have a favourite's system from Seasons (weather preferences) and Movie Hangout (favourite movie) but favourite music genre, food and others could be implemented.

Theres a cool mod out there actually called the slice of life mod. Sims have a memory system with SOL installed.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    jennydb91 wrote: »
    I think people are pretty naive/overly optimistic to think The Sims 5 will be BETTER than TS4. They have watered down TS4 from TS3, what are the odds they won't water down TS5 too? Or release an even more unfinished game so we "have" to buy expansions?

I think this is important. I know people say that the reason TS4 was so empty at first was because it was supposed to be online. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't been planning on making toddlers an expansion pack. (Maybe an extreme example).

Ever since TS2, the packs have had less and less in them for more money. It's like inflation really. I fully expect a TS5 to have a bare bones base game. Maybe not as lacking as TS4 was before all the patches but definitely not anything like we saw with TS2 and TS3 releases.

We will still need a Sims 5 eventually. They won't be able to keep upgrading and patching this version forever and the machines will eventually outgrow them. I'm not saying TS5 will be a bad game or better game, it will be a different game, but I think those expecting it be life altering will be sorely disappointed.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    You can still play TS4 while everyone else moves on to TS5. I really can't stand TS4 and the low expectations its producing in its players.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2020
    jennydb91 wrote: »

I spent a lot of time before I bought TS4 - like a year or two after its release. Because I honestly didn't see it as very exciting, I read all the bad reviews, etc. And after buying I only played it occasionally because it was sort of, well, boring. Only after installing different expansion packs have I had bursts of "binge playing" before I tire of it again.

I don't know if I have outgrown The Sims or if the franchise has just gotten much worse - I still love it, and played it just a few days ago (after getting new expansions), but I don't feel a need for TS5. If it's released I doubt I will buy it. I think the relationship between me and The Sims are sort of like old friends from elementary school: It's nice to check up on them now and again, and you feel affectionate towards them and wish them all the best, but they're no longer a vital part of your life and that's okay. You have both moved on and you don't really have all that much in common anymore.

I might be a meany. I see TS4 as an old aquaintenance I knew from highschool. Was beautiful, cheerleader, everyone loved them, was overly popular, wasn't very nice to most, was rude and upty, then I see them out years later and there they are, wrinkled, fatter, great figure gone, with an obnoxious husband, bratty kids screaming and throwing fits, the appeal is gone, the popularity is gone, the fairytale wasn't true...I have to laugh, if I let a mean girl streak get the best of me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CosmosBananaCosmosBanana Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm sure this has been said in the forums already, but to me, part of the reason why TS4 was such a disappointment has a lot to do with the changing nature of video game releases. TS-TS3 were all released on disk, meaning you had one chance to get them right, and small bugs and gameplay updates could not be fixed as easily with patches. These were all complete games that were going to be judged heavily on their initial release, there was little room for failure. Because TS4 was released with a heavy online component, shortcomings could be rectified through patches. For example, when TS4 came out, there were no toddlers, which should be completely unacceptable in sims standards. TS3 didn't have the best graphics, but was a masterpiece in comparison to TS4. TS4 relies on expansion packs because the game is otherwise pretty boring, whereas the rest of the sims games are playable without them. Even the expansion packs in previous games were stronger than they are in TS4.
    The expectations seem to have lowered for the sims.

It's similar to music, where it's easier to release music on your own terms on public, easy to access websites. While this does increase the capacity for personal creativity, as you don't live under the weight of a label, having a structure like a label can enforce higher standards onto your work. When releasing music/games/any form of media, becomes "easy", I think the product usually becomes worse.

There are small things that could be added to TS4 that would improve gameplay, for example, allowing more than 3 traits, but there are other problems with gameplay that are built into the game itself. One of the biggest disappointments in TS4 is having closed worlds, which most likely cant be fixed with a simple, or even a large patch. I worry that TS5 will be a disappointment for the same reason TS4 was. The Sims team really has to establish what defines the sims and what were the strongest points in Sims history. TS4 is proof that you cannot build an empty barbie doll world, the best games have structure and a direction.

I'm not sure if this made sense, I'm losing my mind in quarantine, LOL.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Had not thought of the disk idea, but it makes sense and for the reasons you gave. I remember those days when a game had that one shot to prove itself Those that didn't rapidly found themselves on the road to oblivion. If any follow-on material was released it was because the base game was an established success. By those standards, TS4 should have been bargain bin bait after about a month or so.
    I'm sure this has been said in the forums already, but to me, part of the reason why TS4 was such a disappointment has a lot to do with the changing nature of video game releases. TS-TS3 were all released on disk, meaning you had one chance to get them right, and small bugs and gameplay updates could not be fixed as easily with patches. These were all complete games that were going to be judged heavily on their initial release, there was little room for failure. Because TS4 was released with a heavy online component, shortcomings could be rectified through patches. For example, when TS4 came out, there were no toddlers, which should be completely unacceptable in sims standards. TS3 didn't have the best graphics, but was a masterpiece in comparison to TS4. TS4 relies on expansion packs because the game is otherwise pretty boring, whereas the rest of the sims games are playable without them. Even the expansion packs in previous games were stronger than they are in TS4.
    The expectations seem to have lowered for the sims.

It's similar to music, where it's easier to release music on your own terms on public, easy to access websites. While this does increase the capacity for personal creativity, as you don't live under the weight of a label, having a structure like a label can enforce higher standards onto your work. When releasing music/games/any form of media, becomes "easy", I think the product usually becomes worse.

There are small things that could be added to TS4 that would improve gameplay, for example, allowing more than 3 traits, but there are other problems with gameplay that are built into the game itself. One of the biggest disappointments in TS4 is having closed worlds, which most likely cant be fixed with a simple, or even a large patch. I worry that TS5 will be a disappointment for the same reason TS4 was. The Sims team really has to establish what defines the sims and what were the strongest points in Sims history. TS4 is proof that you cannot build an empty barbie doll world, the best games have structure and a direction.

I'm not sure if this made sense, I'm losing my mind in quarantine, LOL.

Those are great points! What makes TS4 worse, is if it can be updated/improved in patches, why have they not fixed the ever growing mountain of bugs in a timely manner? The ability to do so is supposed to be a PLUS, but I don't see them really taking advantage of it. But then again, maybe the game's problems are beyond hope.

You also mentioned Sims history. This particular set of devs didn't even bother looking that up so now they're saying that TS4 was set in an alternate timeline so that they wouldn't have to make an effort to connect and/or continue any sim lore. I mean talk about lazy! If they didn't keep records of Sims history and lore, there are very complete records of them archived on the internet! It just takes a few minutes!

I have some hope for TS5, but I am a little worried too about it because I don't think I like the direction that leadership is taking it to.

I love TS3 because the gameplay mechanics work and allows for so much flexibility that I can combine it in so many ways and in a sense create new gameplay. Stories I come up with to play through TS3 as a result can be made rich and complex in this way. But you really can't do anything like that in TS4 because gameplay is broken, inflexible or non-existent.

It's this same leadership at EA and Maxis that are developing TS5 so, I'm wondering if they learned any valuable lessons. They've wrecked all the successful franchises they have which the previous leadership had established. I wish they'd bring the previous leadership back to help at least on a consulting level.

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Dear OP I have only just found this discussion.

Games evolve over time and with each iteration comes new technologies and features to keep the long term player engaged and to attract new players. If this process does not happen then the franchise will stagnate with the current game especially when there are no new packs to look forward to. Many TS3 players have faced this dilemma because for them there is no suitable alternative to move on to. Fortunately for them TS3 has enough content to hold the interest for a very long time.

I wonder, if there is no TS5, whether the same will be said of TS4 in years to come? Personally I would not assume the developers will be around to "fix" TS4 or indeed support it. The company does not have a good record where the sims franchise is concerned for going back to fix older versions of the game. Nor would it make financial sense for the company to continue to retain developers for what has essentially become a legacy project.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    edited July 2020
    I have started to realise it's not going to matter how much feedback, how many ideas, and or what direction we have told Maxis we want them to go or do, they aren't going to do most, or any of the things people have been telling them these past six years. It's like asking for a bunkbed and viola we get to watch a new TV show pitting Simmers against Simmers to drum up new customers. Think about it. Didn't matter how many requests, how much feedback or negativity or postivity, you get a game show on TV.

It didn't matter that all of TS2 and TS3 players told Maxis, no, we never want an online multi- player again, only less than probably one percent or even .000000000001 of any side made that request back in 2010, they built an online multiplayer (The Olympus project aka TS4). :s

It didn't matter people told them they wanted TS4 Sims 'improved' they decided they should sponsor a game show to gain new players.
    As if la, la, la, la, we can't hear you, we need more money and more customers because y'all too negative and our game is fun and we don't care what you said about bugs in TS2, TS3, or TS4, we want to make a TV show. thanks for all your money all these years, but we decided we want to build EPs about current events and political problems going on, and since y'all are so negative we decided we need a game show to get new customers who will be nicer to us. t\That's my opinion. Out with the old (even TS4 players are thrown under a bus) and in with the 'new' customers. If TS4 players think TS5 will also include things they love from TS4 then those of us who have watched each generation thrown under a bus should know better by now.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    What could they do to make Sims 5 different it basally is the same as previous versions the graphics are not even that much better when you look at what they are doing in other games.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I have started to realise it's not going to matter how much feedback, how many ideas, and or what direction we have told Maxis we want them to go or do, they aren't going to do most, or any of the things people have been telling them these past six years. It's like asking for a bunkbed and viola we get to watch a new TV show pitting Simmers against Simmers to drum up new customers. Think about it. Didn't matter how many requests, how much feedback or negativity or postivity, you get a game show on TV.

It didn't matter that all of TS2 and TS3 players told Maxis, no, we never want an online multi- player again, only less than probably one percent or even .000000000001 of any side made that request back in 2010, they built an online multiplayer (The Olympus project aka TS4). :s

It didn't matter people told them they wanted TS4 Sims 'improved' they decided they should sponsor a game show to gain new players.
    As if la, la, la, la, we can't hear you, we need more money and more customers because y'all too negative and our game is fun and we don't care what you said about bugs in TS2, TS3, or TS4, we want to make a TV show. thanks for all your money all these years, but we decided we want to build EPs about current events and political problems going on, and since y'all are so negative we decided we need a game show to get new customers who will be nicer to us. t\That's my opinion. Out with the old (even TS4 players are thrown under a bus) and in with the 'new' customers. If TS4 players think TS5 will also include things they love from TS4 then those of us who have watched each generation thrown under a bus should know better by now.

Good observation and I agree with you. The only thing that's keeping me from being entirely sad about the situation is that there is still hope that can be found in the competition. They WANT to capture the die hard simmers as customers so they're actually doing what they can to implement our requests.

edited July 2020

Good observation and I agree with you. The only thing that's keeping me from being entirely sad about the situation is that there is still hope that can be found in the competition. They WANT to capture the die hard simmers as customers so they're actually doing what they can to implement our requests.

I was looking forward to TS5 as you can find my comments way back on the first pages of this thread, but not anymore. Not after the last several game packs and their themes, nor after reading about The Sims now competing for money.....

You know if I was in one of those meetings and someone asked me "why shouldn't The Sims also have competition like EA's other games?" I would have said 'because it's The Sims'. period.

Why? Because all of it is subjective. Who built a better house? it's subjective. Maybe somone doesn't like tudor homes and ranch homes or whatever type. It's all subjective.

Stories, someone may not like a cookie cutter story, but a darker, more despressing or suspenceful story. That's all subjective. How fast someone can build doesn't mean they understand architecture, have you seen how many homes on the gallery have windows on the very edge of a wall? lol Not going to stand up for very long with a weakend foundation like that. It's all subjective, so I don't actually see a point of challenges and or of a game show judging these things. Turning The Sims into any other EA game shouldn't even be considered.
  • SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    I feel it'd be easier to make a new game than to update TS4. TS4's base game needs fixing (such as the gameplay) but all they (not sure if I should call them 'EA' or 'Maxis') do is keep adding DLC that may add lots and lots of bugs they may or may not fix. I think it'll be most beneficial if they make a new game and not repeat the same mistakes as TS4.
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    > @Schmoloop said:
    > I feel it'd be easier to make a new game than to update TS4. TS4's base game needs fixing (such as the gameplay) but all they (not sure if I should call them 'EA' or 'Maxis') do is keep adding DLC that may add lots and lots of bugs they may or may not fix. I think it'll be most beneficial if they make a new game and not repeat the same mistakes as TS4.

Sorry for adding another comment, but at the time of making I cannot edit my comment. I mean to say just because TS4 *may* be able to be fixed, it'll more than likely be easier and more beneficial to make a sims 5. Plus, you'll still be able to play Sims 4 if you don't like Sims 5.
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited July 2020
    I agree if they just added some features from ts2 and 1 the game would be close to perfection for me and i really dont want them to just drop it and move to new game when there is seriously no real reason

there is no problem that cant be fixed by pack, update or patch

graphics are good and the game plays fine

people need to stop rushing it cause not only would it be sad to stop here it would also ruin ts5 to not give it enough time in development if they are indeed planning it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    pandemic is the perfect time to launch Sims 5, with everyone at home able to play it. Yay!
    Sorry, Sims 4 could be improved on heaps, its graphics and gameplay are both plastic and babyish. The graphics stray a lot, and steer too much towards anime/Nintendo fantasy style, trying to capture some of that large audience, when it wasn't necessary because it already had its own distinct one.
    An ironing out of the bugs in Sims 2 and 3 however, would be great, and a relaunch of the Sims 2 site, where stories were able to be written and uploaded directly from the game. I would spend money on a combination of 2 and 3 with that art, with no bugs/crashing issues (as soon as you play a couple of generations or house floors) and especially if it is accompanied by a website of the same model as Sims 2 with the feature to write and upload stories directly from the game.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    ... TV show pitting Simmers against Simmers to drum up new customers. Think about it. Didn't matter how many requests, how much feedback or negativity or postivity, you get a game show on TV.

... we want to make a TV show. ... we need a game show to get new customers who will be nicer to us.

What TV show are you talking about?
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I agree if they just added some features from ts2 and 1 the game would be close to perfection for me and i really dont want them to just drop it and move to new game when there is seriously no real reason

people need to stop rushing it cause not only would it be sad to stop here it would also ruin ts5 to not give it enough time in development if they are indeed planning it

@Simmingal There are problems that they cannot fix and there are features that are impossible for them to add because the engine is not built for that.
    It is also starting to show its age with the whole bug situation.
    The hope with the Sims 4 was to turn the game from bad to mediocre/good and they managed to do that. But they cannot turn it into a great, well-functioning game. They need to get rid of the engine and start over again. So they should just develop The Sims 5.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

@Simmingal There are problems that they cannot fix and there are features that are impossible for them to add because the engine is not built for that.
    It is also starting to show its age with the whole bug situation.
    The hope with the Sims 4 was to turn the game from bad to mediocre/good and they managed to do that. But they cannot turn it into a great, well-functioning game. They need to get rid of the engine and start over again. So they should just develop The Sims 5.

As they say 'you can change a man's clothes but you can not change who he is'

The Sims has a lot of set dressing but inside it is deeply scared and will never truly recover. Time to open a new page and start a new chapter :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ButteredToastButteredToast Posts: 47 Member
    I personally like Sims 4 the most.

Visually, I prefer it over Sims 2 and Sims 3.

Hardware-wise, my computer can handle Sims 4 much better than Sims 3. Maybe it's because I'm not a "serious gamer", maybe it's because I don't make a living in gaming industry (youtubing, modding, game dev etc). But games which requires super-duper, top of the line, specialized gaming computer is honestly not the kind of games I am willing to play/purchase.

Gameplay - I would always appreciate more contents (especially FREE contents). I have been acquiring more packs since I started playing Sims 4 in 2019, and after 1100+ hours and not yet having all the packs, I have yet to explore everything in Sims 4. So I would continue playing.

Sims 4 allows me to finally play and understand why some players love generational plays. I can't remember why I didn't play that way in Sims 2 (I have tons of save files because I keep starting new sims). In Sims 3 though, by the time my third generation was born, my file was unplayable due to lags and long loading time (sometimes wouldn't even load at all). I got to the point where I spent more time troubleshooting/maintaining my game files than playing. That's when I stopped. I also do not ever want to deal with Sims 3 loader (or whatever it was called) for CC ever again.

I appreciate that same sex relationship is a permanent feature in the Sims franchise. I also appreciate that Sims 4 is the most exclusive to date. This is a plus in my book. Male pregnancy setting in CAS? Yes, please. Ability to choose feminine/masculine frame/dressing/walkstyle regardless of genders? Yes, yes and yes. I want them all.

In terms of finance - I have yet to look at EA's financial records so I can't say how much is spent on the Sims franchise vs Ea's other franchises vs salaries (devs need to eat and pay bills too) vs dividends. Has anyone here studied EA's finances carefully? I would love to learn more if you have.

In terms of Sims 5 - I plan to play Sims 4 for 2 - 3 more years. By then I would definitely want to build a new computer (a decent one but definitely not the most expensive setup). If Sims 5 is out by then, would I consider its hardware requirement in my building? Definitely. Would I purchase it? Maybe, depends. No promises on a game that is not out yet.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

Hardware-wise, my computer can handle Sims 4 much better than Sims 3. Maybe it's because I'm not a "serious gamer", maybe it's because I don't make a living in gaming industry (youtubing, modding, game dev etc). But games which requires super-duper, top of the line, specialized gaming computer is honestly not the kind of games I am willing to play/purchase.

@ButteredToast The Sims 3 absolutely doesn't require that kind of a monster PC you are describing. So it's not because of that I can assure you.

Also even if it did you don't have to be making a living in the gaming industry to play high spec games. PCs are pretty affordable nowadays, especially if your hobby is playing a computer game.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm torn between wanting it and not wanting it. As much as I like the idea of just improving TS4, a lot of big improvements would need a new game with a better engine behind it and it wouldn't be possible to bring them in this edition. But then I worry knowing EA nowadays that Sims 5 will be a terrible money grab, full of micro transactions and too much online integration which nobody wants.
  • IceBlossomIceBlossom Posts: 1 New Member
    I definitely think EA is starting to listen. There is a huge competitor coming (Paralives) and it could end EA’s monopoly on the simulation genre. If EA doesn’t step up their game, they will lose the customer base in a few years.

What I want from Sims 5 (to make me even think about buying it because I’m so angry about the Sims 3 issues and the paid content in Sims 4):

- A fully fledged base game which includes all age types, a lot of customisation content AND seasons. Seasons should NOT be an expansion as this is a life simulation game and seasons are LIFE
    - Emotions
    - Story progression and wishes
    - Random events: burglars, alien invasions, the kraken, random phone calls, winning the lottery
    - A level of difficulty: I play the Sims to build my dreams and if building a hotel in Sims 3 makes me rich straight away, then what is the point. Relationships should be challenging to maintain (scratch the soulmate aspect) or add an option that determines "difficulty"
    - Holiday destinations that are customised by US players. I so miss the skiing from Sims 1. When did holidays become all about islands and China? Sorry but no. Give us lots we can design.
    - Open worlds. It doesn’t need to be as detailed as Sims 3 (I couldn’t care less about the bug collecting), but there need to be more lots, differing in sizes
    - Online IF we can treat online people as live interest and friends etc.
    - Less paid content. I’m almost 30 and I’m sick of it. That is not how you run a successful and loved business. The fusion with Steam just shows how badly EA has been doing
    - Colourblind Mode and colour wheel
    - University Mode not on a separate lot
    - Less design, more story: Think about Sims 1 superstars or Island Paradise. You need to fulfil requirements to advance in your career
    - Supernatural beings of course. They should, however, be an option like in the Sims 3
  • yagwityagwit Posts: 118 Member
    I'm probably a minority, but I would like a Sims 5 where the characters are true to life. The cartoon art style is breaks immersion. I would go to base again and buy all the packs for all "alpha" type content.