Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else as excited as I am?!

2...Next

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Well, I guess I will throw my 2 cents in ....

I am definitely not their target audience, Gen X (over 50) ... However, I am excited about this show ....

I do agree with some of the things said here ... For example do I wish more money, time, thought and our opinions were put into development ... Of course I do ... Are things missing in the game from Sims 1, 2, 3 that I wish 4 had ... Yes ... I could go on but you get the idea ....

Maybe I am different because I am a reality show junkie ... I love Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen, Project Runway, Survivor, Big Brother, Halloween Wars and I could go on with many more ... LOL

What I do not like about this show so far is this ... As far as I can tell the players are all influencer's ... I do hope if they plan to do another season of this show that they pick "normal" (for lack of a better word) players to compete .... We have so many talented Simmers who are not influencers and I think they would be the perfect players for this show ...

Why am I excited ... Well, as I already stated I am a reality show junkie ... I love the Sims ... I hope that by watching I might learn something ...

I am not the best at building ... I am not good at creating my own Sims ... I usually download Sims from the gallery and build very basic houses ... I am not into sitting down and watching YouTube for hours on end ... That's just not me ... I am not a big social media person ... I have FB ... I don't Tweet, I don't have Tumblr, My kids got me Twitch (which I think is attached to my Amazon) which they use ... So all these forms of social media are not me ...

Anyway, back to the OP ... I am excited to see this show ... So you are not alone ....

Me too. I will be watching on one old laptop (if I can from the uk) whilst playing Sims 4 at slow or pause speed on the new one! <3

I'm hoping too, that the new Challenges Tab might mean some new people could get a chance to go on the show later too .

That's exactly what it means. No information though on if or when the second season will be filmed.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    I'm not like jumping for joy but I am interested in the show and am planning to watch it at some point. I don't have cable TV so I will have to wait to view it online somehow, but I do think it's a cool idea and I'm excited for the gallery challenges, as story creation is my favorite thing to do with the sims. I am not familiar with the contestants as I don't watch YouTube videos of people playing the sims unless I'm looking for building or mods advice, and I didn't even know that that's who the gamechangers are until this announcement was made. I'm 28 and have been playing since the original sims was released.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2020
    I am not interested but I'm 22 so I guess I am probably above the target audience. I don't watch gamechangers and I won't watch this either. However if other people are looking forward to it then good for them. I don't see any harm in it, nobody is forcing me to watch.

With regards to the show using money that might otherwise have gone into the game... I have seen people arguing that this is the case and others arguing that it is not or that the show will in the long run bring in more money which could be used to improve the game. I honestly don't know enough to make a judgement on what the truth of the matter is but if it does turn out to be the case that as a result of the TV show there will be less money to spend on fixing bugs and making new content for TS4 I would be in full support of the complaints.
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    I mean, I'm pretty excited. Nervous, but excited.
    This was a great time with a great group of people.
    I hope we did the community proud! <3
  • RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    Not in the least. I am very angry that this what EA spends money on instead of fixing bugs and releasing good content.
    I'm set to go! I'll be watching on my laptop. We have Verizon Fios but I'd prefer to watch in a browser so I can get up close and personal. :p
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    It has already aired in my area. I gave it a look and it only reminded me of how much I dislike reality tv in general. Will I watch it again? I don't know.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

Sorry but this time you've just embarrassed the community.

You did. The first episode was so much fun. That hour literally flew by. 👍
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

So proud of our reality show! 😁
    It must have been fun to make this. I enjoyed it so much. Very entertaining and I can't wait for episode 2!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited July 2020
    I thought it was fun to watch and I'll continue watching it. I also liked watching @SimGuruNinja be a big meanie too! Toughen up, you'll never beat Gordon Ramsay at this rate!
    Post edited by Hermitgirl on
    egTcBMc.png
    He scared me. Glad I wasn't up there. 😀
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'd be crying being judged too @simgirl1010 .. but it was fun to watch. Felt sorry for the ones sent home, but it is a challenge show.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SerenityVIIISerenityVIII Posts: 32 Member
    I would be interested in seeing this as I love The Sims and like Reality Game Shows. I am not sure if this is available to watch in Canada though. I hope it is :) Not sure what TBS is ?
  • ButteredToastButteredToast Posts: 47 Member
    I would be interested in seeing this as I love The Sims and like Reality Game Shows. I am not sure if this is available to watch in Canada though. I hope it is :) Not sure what TBS is ?

I'm in Canada too and I just caught the first episode on Buzzfeed multiplayer youtube channel. I'm probably also not the target group since I'm 30-something and don't really watch lots of Youtube (especially gaming related) but even then I recognized some of the players' name.

I'm surprised that this is not done earlier since gaming tournaments have been around/popular for what, 10 years now? And yeah, if I have to guess, the popularity of gaming tournaments draws more players into the games and thus, providing more money for gaming companies.

From the first episode, I can say that I like the format , a lot less intense than some gaming tournaments out there, more focused on creativity and collaboration. I also like the random objects challenge, really gets the contestants going. Few were visibly nervous (understandably, I would be too if I'm in their shoes).

Definitely looking forward to the next episode!

• DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm so surprised at the negativity!!
    I totally understand and appreciate criticisms, but to see the Sims on TV is amazing!
    It will breathe such life and excitement into this franchise 💕

And to be fair, I don't think this will take away from development of the game
    Bahahag... it already has :D Not sure how you think it's gonna bring any money (in Maxis expression really, because I really dont believe that their budget is the size of shirt pocket qs they like to complaint for the lack of progress of winning our hearts) when you said the negative is huge and the fandom is not having it.

NNpYlHF.jpg
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Camkat wrote: »

Yes, the game needs changes, but that doesn't mean they can't move in new directions! Also, no one knows if this is good yet, because it's not out and the challenges haven't been released.

@prettyprettyplumbob The problem isn't the quality of the show. It could be the best show ever nobody knows. The criticism comes from EA's priorities in ads and marketing and not in the game, in the fact that only rich popular simmers (YouTubers etc) get to participate and nobody else and also because EA is taking a game know for not having rules or a goal and known for being a game everyone can play in their own way and turning it into a competition. That totally contradicts itself.

Choosing (or not choosing) to play a challenge is part of "playing your way". I don't see this as a contradicting at all? There is literally an entire forum section for challenges and the top threads being links to challenge lists. Yes, they are simmer created, but I fail to see why it's ok for simmer's to create challenges but it's not ok for EA/Maxis. Same rules apply, you can still play your way and that can be part of a challenge or not.

I can understand where the criticism might come from with them seeming like they're paying more attention to ads than game fixes but I don't understand this whole challenges don't belong in sims thing when simmers have been doing challenges since the very beginning.
    The show is about competing with one another. Challenges are a different breed, and player-issued content are just that - fan held contest. A game studio is airing this crap.

NNpYlHF.jpg
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited August 2020
    telmarina wrote: »

giphy.gif
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

giphy.gif

tenor.gif
    :D:D