Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAUGHT ON CANDID CAMERA (cycle 2)- Scores are up for Finals!

Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
edited October 2020 in The Sims 4 Sims and Modeling
SrhBiro.png

Here is the link to cycle 1 if you would like to check it out first. Caught on Candid Camera (cycle 1)

Here are some examples.

The first one was not from the last cycle, but shows a good example of a candid gardening scenario. This second shot was gifting your child with a pet.
OZroX0X.png

You’re on Candid Camera! (like the show by the same name that used to be on TV) It is a competition about taking spontaneous shots of your models in everyday situations in-game that gives a candid-look to your photography.

Definition: “A candid photograph is an image captured without creating a posed appearance. This is achieved in many ways, for example: when the subject is in motion, by avoiding prior preparation of the subject ... by not distracting the subject during the process of taking photos.”

This comp won’t be exactly as the definition suggests above, but you will have to catch your Sims in a situation that creates that candid look so the pause option will be your best friend in this competition. It is all about taking candid shots of your models male or female, young or old, in all different angles and body shots, situations and clothing styles of all types, which won’t be specified, that will be left up to your own initiative as long as the background gels with the choice of clothing. With so many more packs and expansions, this can be varied a lot more than the first cycle.

However it is not as easy as it sounds. A good eye will be needed to get the lighting and background right so it produces a good open and honest candid shot that would make a photographer proud but you do not need to specifically “pose” your Sim with created poses. You will also be practising your lighting and shadow used on in-game shots to get that authentic photo shoot look. However, no actual editing will be required since they will be based on in-game shots, but you may like to adjust highlights, shadows, colour etc.

I will be writing up scenarios that you can spontaneously catch your model in, both in the game with backgrounds that represent that candid appeal such as…a Sim doing the laundry for instance or it may be Sims arguing. It will be varied and interesting. A short caption above your shot can be added for clarification, but the image itself should tell the story of the scenario.

It is open for Sims 3 and Sims 4 male and/or female Sims of any age.

There will be a mock round and 8 other rounds with a final at the end, but that may change as things progress. I will allow 6-7 days between rounds but an extension up to 48 hours will be available if asked 24 hours prior to the last due-date. The idea of a mock round is to see where you are all at with your ability to compose a candid shot from your interpretation of the scenario brief, adding brightness, contrast and highlights as you see fit to get the best shot possible in your Sims game.

Examples will not be provided as I want to see your own creativity and interpretations shine through, but the link below gives good examples of candid photography.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=candid+photography+examples&rlz=1C1CHBF_enAU744AU744&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjW8vb6va_bAhVIzbwKHa8XACUQsAQIKA&biw=2133&bih=1000

** Depending on how many apply, there may be eliminations, or alternatively, if 10 or under apply, then there will be no eliminations, just a final three from accumulated points**

Backgrounds are left to your own creativity to suit each round unless specified by me for a particular round, but must be in-game.

The usual rules apply. Please read thoroughly

*Please support each other and enjoy the competition
*No photo-skinning, face plastering
*No created poses for the scenarios are allowed.
*Drawn hair is acceptable
*Only CC clothing or Maxis-match or standard Maxis
*Accessories can be added either in-game or with CC and google.
*In-game backgrounds only.
*Extensions for up to 48 hours maximum and only if you ask at least 24 before the due date, as I realise RL can get in the way at times.
*Adjustments are allowed. You may adjust lighting, shade, etc., as long as it is not a different shot, and you inform me so I can display the most updated version.
*Please check in after judging and when a new scenario is out.
*hairstyles and colour, eye colour and other genetics all can be your choice of model for each scenario unless otherwise specified.

NB: If at any time you need the rounds earlier for one reason or another please let me know and I'll PM them to you so you can get your entry in. Just send it to me via PM and I will put it up for you around the same time as the other contestants as I know RL can get busy at times.

So as judges it is our responsibility to ensure you understand the brief and to let you know where you can improve for future assignments to avoid elimination (if there are eliminations). It is your responsibility as contestants to read the briefs carefully and ask questions if you are unsure of the meaning of them and try out what the judges suggest. Please ask any of us even if you think the questions are silly or trivial. It is better to ask a silly question to clarify anything, and it's all about helping you improve you images for stories, modelling or anything else you like to do with your Sims.

**If you don't have all the expansions or stuff packs, you can still participate fully in this comp, and are welcome to give it a go, as the scenarios are based on some of the packs and expansions that are available in the game.**

Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

Comments

• Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited October 2020
    4Uz7LZb.png

Applications are only needed so they can be added to your certificates at the end and so I can be aware of who is participating. See the example below...This was our last winner. But for each scenario, there are no requirements for a specific model as you may like to choose different Sims for different scenarios. Just indicate if you are interested by saying so in this thread.
    :)
    G42rpEj.png

**It might be a good idea to list the expansions and packs you don't have along with your applications if you would like to participate, and I'll try to avoid scenarios from those packs. I will adjust any scenarios so it includes you all**

The requirement will be a chest-up shot and a full body shot, both on transparent. These can be put up at any time up until the end of the first mock scenario.
    If you don't know how to add your sims and make a transparent background, just put them on a plain background and I will cut them out for you.

:) = seen the scenario
    B) =seen the scores from previous scenario
    <3 = submitted their entries.
    o:) = put in their applications All applications are in.

Scenario 6 - Spooky Scene
    1. :)B)<3@MyFavoritedesign
    2. :)B)<3@divanthesimmer
    3. :)B)<3@Melusine377
    4. :)B)<3@abelhinha35
    5. :)B)<3@MenaBuchner
    6. :)B)<3@xJojox
    **At the moment with 6 contestants there will be no eliminations**

For judging I would like at least 2 others or more as well as myself. A waist-up shot on transparent of your Sims as a judge is all that is needed so I can add you to the judging panel.

1. @Jendowoz
    2. @Spudders_86
    3. @CazzTregurtha

edited July 2020
    8cZSPs6.png
    Meet our judging panel...

@Jendowoz represented by Jen
    @CazzTregurtha represented by Brooke
    @Spudders_86 represented by Tilli

ftRsTFW.png

edited July 2020
    JFkATKe.png
    Meet our models...Introducing...from the left We warmly welcome the newbies to the modelling community and hope you enjoy the competition.

@divanthesimmer with Divan Lampright
    @MenaBuchner with Jillian West
    @MyFavoritedesign with Angela
    @Schmoloop with Mary-Anne
    @abelhinha35 with Michele Weathers
    @aussiekarima with Karima
    @Melusine377 with Laurie Park
    @xjojox with Michaela
    @SarahLou372 with Shane Taylor

752SZzV.png

edited September 2020
    wDFBzgx.png

The idea of the mock is to see where you are all at with your ability to compose a candid shot from your interpretation of the scenario brief and add lighting, shadows and highlights to get the best shot possible. We don't award points for this one, it's mainly to help you feel your way and interpret how scenarios work. The judges will give a bit of feedback to help you for future scenarios. For example... In the first version of this comp the mock round included key words such as, sunny, a few clouds, wearing your gardening clothes and gloves, smokey the cat hanging around waiting for a feed. So in that scenario, the things mentioned should be included in your entry. So please read the scenarios thoroughly.

You have two accomplished judges and me, so don’t hesitate to ask any of us even if you think the questions are silly or trivial. We are here to help and encourage.

Scenario 0 - Mock (1 image only please)
    Let’s begin with an easy scenario to practise with this mock round. The following scenario will be your guideline on what to produce in-game. Pick your time of day to take shots and follow the scenario information carefully. The Sim in this shot can be a male or female teen, YA, Adult or Elder. You choose.
    U06iUsy.png

You may also like to add things from google or in-game objects such as...for this particular scenario...a bait box or a chair or something like that. Anything that may help the composition or interest of your shot to engage your audience. Captions are also allowed.

NB: Also, you may adjust lighting, colour or shadows if you choose to at any time up until the due date of each scenario, as long as you don't completely change your picture. Sometimes the image sites can make your shots look darker so I don't restrict any adjustments for this reason.

For those of you that don't have the pets or Cats and Dogs expansion, here are some links to some terrific animals Severinka created as decorations and that @Vanadis kindly provided the links to for my first cycle and they are still valid and easy to download if you choose to.

Cats/dogs: http://sims3s.ru/objects4-animals1.php

Farm animals: http://sims3s.ru/objects4-animals2.php In case you need them for a future scenario. ;)

Scenario 1 - A day at the beach (1 or 2 images are accepted in this round)
    Read thoroughly and pick out the key words that you think needs to be in the scenario. You don't need to rush to get this in. If some of you newbies want some tips and feedback from the judges wait until you receive them from the previous round.
    ukZiiwF.jpg
    Scenario 2 - Fun in the Snow (1 image only in this round)
    Read thoroughly and pick out the key words that you think needs to be in the scenario. You don't need to rush to get this in. If some of you newbies want some tips and feedback from the judges wait until you receive them from the scenario 1 or ask us any time, we are always happy to help.

KhiDc1O.png[/center
    Scenario 3 - Sporting Prowess (1 image only in this round)
    Read thoroughly and pick out the key words that you think needs to be in the scenario. You don't need to rush to get this in. If some of you newbies want some tips and feedback from the judges wait until you receive them from the previous round.

MA8wyTZ.png
    Scenario 4 - Night Camping (1 image only in this round
    Rd3kybz.png
    Scenario 5 - Pool Party (1 image only in this round)
    Read thoroughly and pick out the key points that you think needs to be in the scenario. You don't need to rush to get this in. If some of you newbies want some tips and feedback from the judges wait until you receive them from the previous round.

Rgn5nPi.png
    Scenario 6, Finale - Spooky House (1 image only in this round)

Add as many spooky things around that you want to set up the atmosphere. Or you can make a scene within a graveyard rather than a house if you prefer, to set upthe scariest scene. Remember try to catch your sims in a candid shot.

h3g15Wa.png

edited October 2020
    884VQJr.png
    Mock scenario- Let's Go Fishing!
    Teamwork makes the dreamwork

iwRYP9G.jpg

Backstory: After the recent death of his wife, fishing with his dog and best friend, Goldie, is the only thing making Earl happy. He's a local fisherman from Brindleton Bay and most of the produce there is caught by him.

nXPQF4F.png

uF3PI4z.png

hRdJdnA.png

zwTNBve.jpg

First time fishing in the park and Shane has finally caught something... But what seems to be something other than they expected..... It has even distracted his dog Kano from his nature call!!

k60aRxW.jpg

jW3pzxy.png

rIKu2Dg.jpg

@xJojox with Mikaela
    kZ37fwQ.png
    Scenario 1 - A Day at the Beach
    WXF15Zs.jpg30fFHG1.jpg

Backstory: Before the global pandemic, the Summers enjoyed their summer vacation at the beach. They swam, played games, ate ice-cream and even saw a dolphin. It's been several months since they last saw each other, but they look back fondly at their vacation photos.bZfXpNx.png
    IboLiwZ.png

The Lakota Family love spending days on the beach, eating ice cream, playing soccer and making friends with the dolphins.XGiu8t6.png
    2CTJMXw.png

SbIkIBC.pngAMkxqN9.png

dd2aQLJ.jpgNt6bgdL.jpg

wFD8pqo.jpg
    RTBUUiG.jpg

ab91M8f.pngNEksdiA.png

If I was Lila I would watch my man, as the female beach goer is clearly flirting with him!
    aapwLr5.jpgvthKLeG.jpg

@xJojox with Mikaela
    hl1FeTQ.png
    Scenario 2 - Fun in the Snow
    uDVvYci.jpg

vZR5Buv.png

3sL4Jev.png

moJ66jx.png

41tls6M.jpg

Y3inHB6.png

sUuUiIi.jpg

@xJojox with Mikaela
    N65s7gX.png
    Scenario 3 - Sporting Prowess
    DIEFXTT.jpg

h2Xv0Iv.png

SK5BV1i.png

bHubk5y.png

DIBvzvh.jpg

BIl09FX.png

@xJojox with Mikaela
    r84ErZY.png
    Scenario 4 - Night Camping
    3P6O546.jpg

6KpiIrO.png

YPuy2UT.png

l5ec6GC.png

8L7cWIO.png

@xJojox with Mikaela
    6nnbbpt.png
    Scenario 5 - Pool Party
    TEsJEIE.jpg

C9XxruA.png

1TLHZYd.png

1QDGfOS.png

uGy3sb4.jpg

@xJojox with Mikaela
    mrQKa1j.png
    Scenario 6 - Spooky Scene
    0cC1NnT.jpg

4qUGiy5.png

CvotEb8.png

AmxEtdT.png

TPdhFt4.jpg

@xJojox with Mikaela
    U9VuCNV.png

edited October 2020
    pFlOtIs.png

Points up to 50 will be awarded for your images along with a couple of sentences of feedback from your judges based on this criteria. I was talking with my judges and they would like to see a few extra points for those of you that add props and such showing you have put in that bit extra effort. So we are looking at points up to 5 extra points for props and taking note of the key words in the scenario. So 50 points all up for each scenario

The judging will include the following criterion: Editing will not be the priority being in-game, but your lighting and shadow will be, so it will include seeing how you adjust the in-game lighting and how you "catch" your Sim in action.

• Wearing a style of outfit that suits the scenario /10
    • Most creative and original candid shot /10
    • Relevant background (this can only be in-game) /10
    • Lighting, Shadow and filters /10
    • Including the key words in your image /5
    • Extras, props, people etc. /5

Giving a total of 50 points in total.

NB: There will be no scores for the mock round, just some feedback on how to improve your in-game shots so you can prepare for future rounds.
    Mock Round comments
    You all did very well for a first round and the comments we have given should help you with your next round. Go to the link below and your comments from all of us are there. There were no points this round, but starting in Scenario 1 there will be points along with a brief comment. if you would like to edit or adjust anything in your shot for Scenario 1, you can before the due date as I know a few of you were waiting for the comments before you went on with the first scenario.

Mock Round Comments
    Scenario 1 - A Day at the Beach
    Well done to everyone. Congratulations to @MenaBuchner for winning the first scenario. @abelhinha35 for second place and @MyFavoritedesign for third.
    Go here to read the comments from your judges. Scenario 1 comments

8bq1JFq.jpg
    Scenario 2 - Fun in the Snow
    Congratulations to @xJojox for winning scenario 2. Equal second, @MyFavoritedesign and @abelhinha35 and third place, @aussiekarima

8FVjoB9.jpg

Go here to read the comments from your judges...
    Scenario 3 - Sporting Prowess
    Congrats to @abelhinha35 for winning scenario 3. @Schmoloop for second place and @divanthesimmer for third place.
    aqIghcp.jpg

I always give a halfway scoreboard for you all to see as it is often surprising to my lovely competitors just how close the scores. are.
    0RJ0uqN.jpg
    Your Comments are below since there are not as many of you as there were.
    CAUGHT ON CANDID CAMERA FEEDBACK.

Scenario 3 – Sporting Prowess
    The key points that I was looking for in this scenario were…
    • Sim of any age
    • Smart fitness outfit
    • Making a top shot
    • Extras (optional)

JEN
    MyFavoritedesign 47/50
    This is a great action shot, Angela and shows she is making a top shot and the background is awesome. Well done.
    TILLI (Spudders_86)
    MyFavoritedesign - 35/50
    Very pretty shot you have here. I love the fact she is in mid-air, perfectly timed. Well done.

JEN
    divanthesimmer 48/50
    I love this shot Divan. It is the best shot from you in this comp so far. I love his reaction the showing of a strike and the clothes he’s wearing. The composition of the shot is great, brightening it up would have given you almost full points from me. This was my favourite entry this round.
    TILLI
    Divanthesimmer – 40/50
    I love how happy he is. Very nice shot!

JEN
    MenaBuchner 45/50
    Very Elegant shot, Mena. Love the expression and the angle, very nice.
    TILLI
    MenaBuchner – 42/50
    Wow, how pretty is this! I love how peaceful she looks on the ice. Very nicely done!

JEN
    abelhinha35 47/50
    This is a great angled shot and in the middle of the action shot, her expression says it all. Nicely done.
    TILLI
    Abelhinha35 – 47/50
    Wow, just wow. I wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley! I love the passion in her face, she is so focused. Brilliant shot!

JEN
    Melusine377 43/50
    I love the after-effect of her scoring a goal, looks like the winning goal, but I think if you’d waited just a touch longer you may have got them looking a little more excited. On the other hand she looks relieved that the ball scored.
    TILLI
    Melusine377 – 43/50
    I like how pumped she is after scoring a goal, has she just won the game for her team? The way that the goalkeeper looks so upset that she let the football pass the line is awesome. Very well done!

JEN
    Schmoloop 47/50
    Wow your timing for this shot, Schmoloop is awesome! Well done syncing their diving, so well done.
    TILLI
    Schmoloop – 45/50
    Awesome shot! It must of taken a long time to get all three of them diving at the same time! Very well done!

JEN
    xjojox 42/50
    This would have been a lot of work to get them riding in a line like that. As for a race, it looks more like a casual riding group out for a ride, not really a race. If you had set up or created a racetrack on an empty lot and perhaps a finishing line, then it would have rung true to a racing competition.
    TILLI
    xJojox – 39/50
    They look like they are having a nice relaxing family bike ride. I would of liked to have seen them having a race and maybe some more emotion in their faces. However, I like the mood the lighting has created. Well done!
    Scenario 4 – Night Camping
    There are no comments this round, everyone is getting busy, but hopefully we'll be back on track for the next round. Not a lot could be said about this round anyway, because everyone did really well. I am so proud of everyone! Particularly the newbies. How much they have improved throughout this competition. Congrats to you all.

We have 2nd and 3rd placings this round and there are no 4th, 5th or 6th. There is only 1st, 2nd and 3rd. That is how well everyone has done this round.

Congratulations to @abelhinha35 for 1st place @MyFavoritedesign and @Melusine377 for 2nd and @divanthesimmer, @MenaBuchner and @xJojox for 3rd.

x4tpMsU.jpg
    Scenario 5 – Pool Party
    Congratulations to @MenaBuchner for first place, @Melusine377 for 2nd and @abelhinha35 for third place in the Pool Party Scenario.

2 more days for the final ladies and gents please.

28N9zpU.jpg
    Scenario 6 – Final - Spooky scene
    Congratulations to @abelhinha35 for 1st place in the final, @menabuchner for 2nd place and @xjojox for 3rd.

bSy3RSt.jpg
    Our overall winner is @abelhinha35 well done to everyone. I will make a banner for the final top 3 in a day or so. Look out for them then. I wanted to congratulate the newbies that entered their first competition with me and to say don't give up on entering competitions, from what I've seen of the improvement each week of this comp you all have so much potential.

Here is the running scoreboard for each scenario.

EPy5jo1.jpg

edited October 2020
    plft2u8.png
    Winning entry for Scenario 4 - Abelhinha35
    ETEia1X.png
    Winning entry for Scenario 3 - abelhinha35
    mxcfZBF.png

Winning entry for Scenario 2 - xJojox
    HCKzQPk.png
    Winning entry for Scenario 1 - MenaBuchner
    6HAeDkT.png

Winning Entries for the Final - Caught on Candid Camera, Cycle 2, October 2020. Here are your certificates for the final placings. You may keep them, resize them, or put them in your siggies, file them, that is your choice.
    Overall Winner - @abelhinha35

pCgNcDE.png

Runner Up - @Melusine377

dpLWuvk.png

Third Place - @xJojox

SHjdx7v.png

• Spudders_86Spudders_86 Posts: 270 Member
    Can I help judge please?
    Rqtv8vw.gif
    edited July 2020
    Of course, would love you to, @Spudders_86 thanks. You give excellent feedback and that is what I would like for this competition even if it is just a couple of sentences

• MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    I'm in <3<3<3
    7HX1Vwg.png
    edited July 2020
    Excellent, @MyFavoritedesign you are most welcome. <3<3

edited July 2020
    Calling for contestants and judges for this competition. If you would like your name removed or added to this taglist, please say so.

@Penguinwa101 @abelhinha35 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @kyky @Movotti @JaLiBo @jilliebee22 @MyFavoritedesign @lisabee2 @aussiekarima @jaunty @Gege @xJojox @Mzsammyrose @Storiessims4 @YJB19299 @MissBirdie @FauxEvermore @koalasims @alexis3142 @MizoreYukii @heather1306 @themelonic @kittymeow @ArtsyAmy @wbombje @Socallucyfan @deviouslyvivid @ladybug65 @ColorMePink @gardenGothic @Vanderhoot @sdtfm @mkasml @O-meezy @Melusine377 @Spudders_86 @TheLastStar @sdangelo78 @WhatCobblers @Rahatani @Irishsong @Rey26 @sofia4u @CazzTregurtha @cherrysmilesims @The_1_Drunken_Pirate @Nemiii @ZazzyKittyn @divanthesimmer @JennaCatz

• divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Sure, I'll enter! :)
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
    Welcome, @divanthesimmer Once I get a few more I'll put up the first round. :)

• CazzTregurthaCazzTregurtha Posts: 232 Member
    I’d be super keen to be a judge if I may? I prefer editing over taking pics but I’ll definitely be watching!
    @CazzTregurtha

I would love you to judge, Cazz, please, thank you. <3

• Melusine377Melusine377 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Pop me down :)
    kMRXphO.gif
    @Melusine377

Love to have you, Mel. Welcome. <3<3

Oooo yay! Thanks @Jendowoz0612 <3 can’t wait to assist!
    edited July 2020
    I can't wait for it to start. @CazzTregurtha There is editing just so far as using brightness and contrast lighting to get your sim(s) showing up nicely, or adding things to add to the scenario, but doesn't need searching out backgrounds, or cutting our your models etc.

Yeah, I saw that, it’s perfect for the type of comp it is! Let’s get some more sign ups!
    Talk to your friends, pepes and see if they want to give it a go. It's great fun. :)

@CazzTregurtha @divanthesimmer @Melusine377

• abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    @Jendowoz0612 sign me up please :)
    Yay, so glad you are in it, @abelhinha35 <3<3

• MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Application
    Angela
    YwpgTxJ.png
    CAJVDQC.png

I have all extensions and packs. <3
    7HX1Vwg.png