Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cage Dancing

JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
Back in the sims 1 we had cages where sims can go in & dance inside. This is something I would like to see return . Would this be something you would be interested in? I found it really fun & something I was actually hoping for when we got get together .
Post edited by Justin on

Comments

• WispyeWispye Posts: 140 Member
    for me not really we had them in TSO also i wouldn't mind seeing the bulls come back to raise skills
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'd love to have the dancing cages back!
    But I doubt they will bring them back. Ratings for games have gotten more strict since 2000, and a dancing cage is usually for erotic dancing in the real world. The Sims 1 also had strippers popping out of birthday cakes, which would never work in a T rated game either in 2020.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don't remember this.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I'd love to have the dancing cages back!
    But I doubt they will bring them back. Ratings for games have gotten more strict since 2000, and a dancing cage is usually for erotic dancing in the real world. The Sims 1 also had strippers popping out of birthday cakes, which would never work in a T rated game either in 2020.

They had strippers in The Sims 3. They were with Generations, I think? They called them “dancers”, but it was clear what they were meant to be. You could hire them for bachelor/bachelorette parties.

I don’t think things have changed so much that they couldn’t do that kind of cheeky inclusion again.

Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    They had strippers in The Sims 3. They were with Generations, I think? They called them “dancers”, but it was clear what they were meant to be. You could hire them for bachelor/bachelorette parties.

I don’t think things have changed so much that they couldn’t do that kind of cheeky inclusion again.

I almost forgot about them. That is true.
    I wish the Sims 4 could do a bit more fun things adult subjects more than just "woohoo in a bush, spaceship, closet, leaf pile and etc. etc."

I feel like this would have been added already in Get Together though, unless they squeeze into some other pack. I'm still skeptical we'll get it at all.

• JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Ivyeyed wrote: »

I almost forgot about them. That is true.
    I wish the Sims 4 could do a bit more fun things adult subjects more than just "woohoo in a bush, spaceship, closet, leaf pile and etc. etc."

I feel like this would have been added already in Get Together though, unless they squeeze into some other pack. I'm still skeptical we'll get it at all.

A pack for adults would be really nice. I just feel the game is somewhat childish when it comes to our sims. There’s also no real romance. I miss when in the sims 2 they had that small movie during their first kiss. Sims 4 lacks on the adult department .
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Yeah I remember that item! Would be very nice to see it back.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    edited July 2020
    I used to always make a seedy bar in every town, so that certain Sim couples can have that kind of drama where one half of a couple catches their significant other having a bit too much fun somewhere behind their back.

There were levels of humanity and reality included in the earlier games that could incorporate into some varied real life type of drama and stories.

Now it's all replaced with smartphones and talking toilets, and the facets of humanity that came together to make our sims so multifaceted and interesting has been completely stripped out. Everything is geared around technology and fad addictions to an extreme, and regular life has been basically thrown out of the franchise. We need different tools to bring those facets of humanity back, and this type of thing is one of them.

Our adult sims need to live lives that are made of the complexities of adult life, not act like little kids always obsessing and building their identities around the latest fads. We need real adults in the sims - good, bad, ugly, and crazy of course.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I remember this. This could be cool in clubs.

HP_03.jpg
    Sthenastia wrote: »

HP_03.jpg

Sims 1 was always ahead of its time
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    In the Simpsons they have dancing cages in some episodes yet I found this

"Generally, The Simpsons gets a TV-PG rating, which may or may not include: suggestive dialogue (D), suggestive language (L), violence (V), or suggestive sexual situations (S). This page lists the episodes that are rated TV-14, other than the normal TV-PG"
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

HP_03.jpg

I'd like that, but they better make them dance sexy too. Wonder if dancing for tips would be too much?
    crocobaura wrote: »

HP_03.jpg

I'd like that, but they better make them dance sexy too. Wonder if dancing for tips would be too much?

Also an option to throw pennies at them. Watch them scramble for them lol
    Justin wrote: »

HP_03.jpg

Also an option to throw pennies at them. Watch them scramble for them lol

Lol, not just for sexy dancers, but dancing in general.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sure why not clubs are so boring now at this point I'd take about anything that could add new dances even if a cage is involved.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    I'd like tango and street dancing like we had in TS2.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I feel like I am begging for the bare minimum. Can we at the very least get dancing face to face and slow dancing?
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I feel like I am begging for the bare minimum. Can we at the very least get dancing face to face and slow dancing?
    That's how I feel Sims can't even dance together at this point a cage is not that important. If we actually had dancing that did not look like our Sims were having a seizure people could build their own cages to dance in.
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    That's how I feel Sims can't even dance together at this point a cage is not that important. If we actually had dancing that did not look like our Sims were having a seizure people could build their own cages to dance in.

I think it's possible to build a larger cage. :lol: The rumba is quite graceful, if we dress them up in feathers, they could easily pass for cabaret dancers.
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

I think it's possible to build a larger cage. :lol: The rumba is quite graceful, if we dress them up in feathers, they could easily pass for cabaret dancers.
    Now someone might do this.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 783 Member
    EA will not put dance cages or other cheeky stuff in Sims 4, yet EA seems to be perfectly okay with plunking BARS into every new pack that's released,plus you can woo-hoo everywhere-including in a dumpster.. so why are bars and woo-hoo okay with EA, but things like dance cages and dancers popping out of cakes are not?
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Back in the sims 1 we had cages where sims can go in & dance inside. This is something I would like to see return . Would this be something you would be interested in? I found it really fun & something I was actually hoping for when we got get together .

It would be cool! Very nice for extroverts.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited July 2020
    Id rather have other things from ts1 come back, like even burgulars for starters.The cage dancing is degrading.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    Id rather have other things from ts1 come back, like even burgulars for starters.The cage dancing is degrading.

We already got burglars when eco living dropped. As degrading? No. It’s a dance form .
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

We already got burglars when eco living dropped. As degrading? No. It’s a dance form .

Do you mean sharing is caring?? Thats not really burgulars. Or do you mean something else?
    I see it as degrading, its usually associated with scantily clad women or men dancing with sexual overtones in nightclubs. I mean i dont like the idea of strippers in the game either like someone else mention. If they add them, i just won't be using them.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.