Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spark'd Challenge: Destination Weddings!

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
edited July 2020 in The Sims Spark'd
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Im soooo exited for those challenges!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • AnimaagAnimaag Posts: 319 Member
    Are they live yet?
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I've checked the judging criteria. I don't feel that it's going to be fair to the smaller creators. Only those with a lot of likes by the community will later on be judged by the EA employees in the second round. Unless, all the creations are submitted under anonymous. I personally feel that, it will have a lot of issues later on.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Hmmm. Weddings, huh? Not my normal forte but then... who said weddings have to be "normal" anyway? B)
    #Team Occult
  • CreativeMom88CreativeMom88 Posts: 53 Member
    If someone chose the trait lot of Clothing Optional, I'm gonna bust up laughing! 😂
  • Jen411371__Jen411371__ Posts: 36 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I've checked the judging criteria. I don't feel that it's going to be fair to the smaller creators. Only those with a lot of likes by the community will later on be judged by the EA employees in the second round. Unless, all the creations are submitted under anonymous. I personally feel that, it will have a lot of issues later on.

Fully agree. I submitted today and can already feel the point in it slipping away 😂 the challenge page is already flooded with houses having nothing to do with the challenge but getting super high downloads and faves while tonnes of gorgeous wedding venues are only getting one or two, or overlooked completely 🤷🏻‍♀️ Definitely needed a better curation process!

• SunnukiiSunnukii Posts: 2 New Member
    My biggest thought is. . . Can the storytelling entries be more cinematic with subtitles instead of voice overs (English of course), or do they have to be in full on live mode with straight overview?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    Sunnukii wrote: »
    My biggest thought is. . . Can the storytelling entries be more cinematic with subtitles instead of voice overs (English of course), or do they have to be in full on live mode with straight overview?

@Sunnukii

Fully agree. I submitted today and can already feel the point in it slipping away 😂 the challenge page is already flooded with houses having nothing to do with the challenge but getting super high downloads and faves while tonnes of gorgeous wedding venues are only getting one or two, or overlooked completely 🤷🏻‍♀️ Definitely needed a better curation process!

Yeah, I noticed that too..There's no way they can control the submission unless they're going to check it one by one, or best, if all submission is anonymous so no one can influence anyone to vote, unless, they are being sneaky. Though it does make sense to select top 100 based on favourites or downloaded, but there's no way they can make it fair when there's a few community members are being dishonest. I sincerely want EA acknowledged hidden talents, because I know, there're a lot of them out there. Let's just say, I want to see new faces... :D;)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

People are just being used in a big marketing scheme.
  • sirraw15sirraw15 Posts: 2 New Member
    I made my venue last night and while it was fun it is a bit disappointing to see everyone else spamming the contest with random entries that have nothing to do with the page.
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    edited July 2020
    I wonder if they are going to do anything to stop the #stolen re-uploads that seem to be dominating the most popular downloads...

Stealing content to re-upload for a competition just seems shady.

oops wrong thread
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member

I agree @xamira99 they might as well say this is a challenge for the game changers and the popular ones. I like the concept, but I won't waste my energy submitting. There is someone on this forum who purposely dislikes all of my videos, which makes me chuckle, but there are mean spirited folks out there.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    stolen reuploads - teehee - simmers still think they "own" stuff.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    troshalom wrote: »

I agree @xamira99 they might as well say this is a challenge for the game changers and the popular ones. I like the concept, but I won't waste my energy submitting. There is someone on this forum who purposely dislikes all of my videos, which makes me chuckle, but there are mean spirited folks out there.

Yeah, the concept is good, but the execution is okay, but seems like they need to have a few "rules" that will actually encourage everyone to create & possibility to have an equal chances to be recognised.
    troshalom wrote: »
    stolen reuploads - teehee - simmers still think they "own" stuff.

I've seen this even on the sparkD challenge section @troshalom. I wonder if the staffs are going to check only by the end of the current challenge or daily, because, if those creations that doesn't meet the criteria, stolen, etc. stays for 2 weeks, it will only make their "creations" skewed towards the most favourite and we might miss those who actually submitting the most creative & unique creations.
  • nibbsnznibbsnz Posts: 1 New Member
    I have built my Sparkd challenge venue as a restaurant but it is telling me "incorrect lot type" - it also says the same if I make it a park. I have all the items required for both of these and they do not contain cc. Anyone else having this issue?
  • 24GamerBainBride24GamerBainBride Posts: 2 New Member
    Uploaded my wedding venue yesterday and as a new builder already feel like it won't get any notice.
  • 24GamerBainBride24GamerBainBride Posts: 2 New Member
    I think you maybe right.> @troshalom said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I agree @xamira99 they might as well say this is a challenge for the game changers and the popular ones. I like the concept, but I won't waste my energy submitting. There is someone on this forum who purposely dislikes all of my videos, which makes me chuckle, but there are mean spirited folks out there.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Gosh there is so many uploads that has nothing to do with the challenge in the Spark gallery. Why would people do that ? Makes no sense :/
  • Jen411371__Jen411371__ Posts: 36 Member
    Uploaded my wedding venue yesterday and as a new builder already feel like it won't get any notice.

I know the feels! What's your EA id? I'd love to take a look!
  • ButteredToastButteredToast Posts: 47 Member
    I tried to submit a Magical Realm themed wedding venue a couple of days ago (because I just got Magical Realm! Woo!) but it didn't go through. I think maybe it's because although I didn't use any CC, my game is modded, so yeah...Maybe if I get motivated, I'll take out all the mods and CCs from my game and try again.

Honestly, I don't really think I have a chance. That's fine though. I simply do it for fun, just to get me building something (I spent most of my time playing than building or in CAS). I entered the small home contest too a while back (remember that?) and I don't think my lot made it to, I dunno, top ten thousands?
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I tried to submit a Magical Realm themed wedding venue a couple of days ago (because I just got Magical Realm! Woo!) but it didn't go through. I think maybe it's because although I didn't use any CC, my game is modded, so yeah...Maybe if I get motivated, I'll take out all the mods and CCs from my game and try again.

Honestly, I don't really think I have a chance. That's fine though. I simply do it for fun, just to get me building something (I spent most of my time playing than building or in CAS). I entered the small home contest too a while back (remember that?) and I don't think my lot made it to, I dunno, top ten thousands?

@ButteredToast The easiest way to solve this if you didn't use any CC on the family is to save them on the gallery, then go to the game setting, untick the box that says "Enable Custom Content and Mods" in the "Other" section. Then quit the game.
    After doing this the next time you launch the game you will be CC free. Now you can go to CAS and place the family you already created and then save them again. This time when you save them they won't be labeled as "modded". Now you can post them normally.
    If you want your CC back you can simply check the box you unchecked before and restart the game.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I thought about going for the stylist category, but got too busy. Maybe the next challenge. I went through and voted for a bunch of households and none of them were from the popular folks -- I just hit Newest and scrolled through looking for unique couples.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ButteredToastButteredToast Posts: 47 Member

@ButteredToast The easiest way to solve this if you didn't use any CC on the family is to save them on the gallery, then go to the game setting, untick the box that says "Enable Custom Content and Mods" in the "Other" section. Then quit the game.
    After doing this the next time you launch the game you will be CC free. Now you can go to CAS and place the family you already created and then save them again. This time when you save them they won't be labeled as "modded". Now you can post them normally.
    If you want your CC back you can simply check the box you unchecked before and restart the game.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that.