Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Items to be sold on 'plopsy'

2...Next

Comments

• simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited June 2020
    Actually it is very frustrating to me that we can't have our master crafters sell their high-quality furniture anywhere except through GTW retail, the inventory, or the Freelance crafter career. So I disagree that we should not be able to sell our sims' furniture on Plopsy. I am really eager to have my sims sell the furniture that they make on the woodworking table or through the fabricator by this method. If that is not a feature, I will be really disappointed because as of now there is no other satisfying way for our sims to sell furniture in game, not even at the flea market.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think only crafted items should be sold on Plopsy, since it is meant to work like Etsy. Yet another reason to make collectables more useful by adding skills and crafts that use them. I'm still waiting for jewelry making from gems and metals, as well as flower crowns, soaps and bath salts etc.

Speciality foods that take very long to spoil like candy, nectar, fizzy juice etc could also possibly be sold on Plopsy.

I agree that only crafted items should be sold on Plopsy. If you have either CL or JA, there are the market tables you can use to set up a sale either in your front yard, a park, or even outside a venue like the library or museum. I'd like to be able to sell the flower arrangements from Seasons on Plopsy.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    I really wish we can buy candles on Plopsy.
    I really want to have many canndles around the house, but I don't want my sims to make them.
    I'm also too lazy to enter the debug every time for them :tongue:

As for selling, I hope we will be able to sell all collectibles at some point!
    Also I am really really hoping we can sell jungle adventure findings.
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    If they add too many types of items to be sold on plopsy they are going to need a new UI with categories cause I ain't scrolling through all that.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I kinda want plops to be something like eBay, where you can just..sell. Sell furniture, paintings, etc. And maybe name it something dumb like oKay or something. Lol
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I hope that we will be told what can be sold on plosy on the livestream today.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    I hope that we will be told what can be sold on plosy on the livestream today.

They did announce it. To my chagrin, you can't sell Fabricated furniture (or anything from the Fabricator) through Plopsy, but you can sell practically everything else that is craftable by Sims (with the exception of novels, which we were warned about, because of the royalty system). No food or drinks (including the new Fizzy Juices) can be sold there, but the woodworking objects, paintings, flower arrangements, knittables, and candles can all be sold on Plopsy for about 50% more than if you sold them directly out of the Sim's inventory. That's a pretty decent selection of sellable objects and a good markup. Another detail I found interesting is that selling things on Plopsy does not contribute to Fame, primarily because everything there is apparently evaluated according to crafted quality.
  • lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    I cannot sell my items online...hit ship in inventory and nothing has happen..I click mailbox and nothing has happened...please fix
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    lana44 wrote: »
    I cannot sell my items online...hit ship in inventory and nothing has happen..I click mailbox and nothing has happened...please fix

You have to wait till someone offers to buy the item. When you list on Plopsy (for 10 Simoleons an item), when someone wants to buy it you'll get a pop-up. If you like the price, you open your personal inventory, click on the item, and select Ship to Buyer (or something like that -- I've only seen it once so far). Your Sim will go down to the mailbox in front of their house and send it off (even if it's like a large painting). I don't remember if she got the money right away or if it took a day. Then a couple of days later the customer will give a review.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    ea should make it so items listed on plopsy are sold even if you not playing the game.
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    I'd like to have more on plopsy to buy too. Garlic braids would be a useful plopsy addition for new households who would rather see the back of vampires, rather than being sitting ducks.

Wild garlic plants for the garden would be nice in build mode too, as well as potted garlic plants for the flats. Make garlic available for the non-planting sims.