Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• epikratepikrat Posts: 2 New Member
    not really a new simmer or technically a new forum user either, but i want to know if i can change my username? i made this account 2 years ago and haven't really touched it since. if i can't change my username, how do i delete my account? i've read all the FAQ, rules, and tutorial threads and i can't find anything about either of these.
  • IcyHeartAngelIcyHeartAngel Posts: 4 New Member
    Don't waste money on buying stuff packs just for hair or clothes etc. There's an amazing modding community out there and you should support custom content!! amazing stuff that brings your sims to life.
    (also ignore the profile pic cos i had made that when i was 12 so yuck and i cant change it until i have 15 posts so get rekt)
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    @svitkona Please post about your username request to EA RTAS's wall at: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/EA_Rtas
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SarahLou372SarahLou372 Posts: 112 Member
    Is it a bug that's not suppose to be there?
    ...**~ThePinkPlumbob~**...
    50098910897_98e2501452_o.jpg
  • LittlePrettyRoseLittlePrettyRose Posts: 2 New Member
    If only hybrids could truly exist ;-;
    It would have been epic lol
  • FrankieDanySIMSFrankieDanySIMS Posts: 152 Member
    amp107 wrote: »
    @SarahLou372 it means: that in my game I saw only a vampire with fire in the toilet... so I thought that was a "vampire thing" 😁

Lol @FrankieDanySIMS when I first saw the bug it when a female human sat down on the toilet. I didn’t see the flames at first, just black smoke rolling out from under her, so I thought it was a new visual to show that she was doing something very smelly and gaseous :D:D:D

Since then, I’ve seen the flames appear right before they sit down on the toilet so I know what’s actually causing the smoke haha. As long as their bums don’t get burnt it’s not a bug that concerns me too much, mostly comical.

You're right @amp107 it may be comic 😂 I'll check if others get flames in the toilet (just for curiosity) but it is ok as it is harmless 🚽🔥😂
    7b98023048724ecd9dea27351744b46c.png
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Too many spicy burritos! :D

ihihihih @Admiral8Q as it was a vampire with fire in the toilet maybe he drunk: hot chily blood 🌶🩸😂
    PS compliments for your awesome avatar 🤩

svitkona wrote: »
    not really a new simmer or technically a new forum user either, but i want to know if i can change my username? i made this account 2 years ago and haven't really touched it since. if i can't change my username, how do i delete my account? i've read all the FAQ, rules, and tutorial threads and i can't find anything about either of these.

@svitkona only thing I can say is that you can create surely a new account and let the other be (stays there not used) ... I made a new account but not for choice: my previous nick was FrankieDany (same as gallery) but the password was lost and I could not enter again as FrankieDany user (= it said that the account was already taken). By the way saw that here in forum (if it wasn't me unable to do it) that even a reply in a topic can't be deleted: it stays there ... and also I didn't see how to clear notifications...so maybe the delete function is not avaialble.
    PS compliments for your awesome avatar 🤩

Thanks! It was actually an excellent cartoon artist friend years ago who went by 'Torplexed' who made it for me. :)

I made my avatar 'me' in Sims 4 as close to that as possible. :D

taNtJ1V.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

WOW @Admiral8Q you made nice outfits for your sim self 😃 very nice 😃
  • Kate50391Kate50391 Posts: 1 New Member
    OK so I had six sims in my household then I adopted two but my oldest sim was already pregnant Now when she has her baby my household is already full of eight what will happen
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited July 2020
    Kate50391 wrote: »
    OK so I had six sims in my household then I adopted two but my oldest sim was already pregnant Now when she has her baby my household is already full of eight what will happen

I honestly dont know
    Please tell me when she gives birth @Kate50391
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • BlackjackWidowBlackjackWidow Posts: 23 Member
    > @Kate50391 said:
    > OK so I had six sims in my household then I adopted two but my oldest sim was already pregnant Now when she has her baby my household is already full of eight what will happen

Do you have any mods? Because, technically, the game shouldn't allow you to adopt the 2 sims if you already have 6 sims in the household. The max number usually takes the baby into account (if your sim was carrying twins, you wouldn't be allowed to move in anyone). There are mods that can change this, though, so if you have one that allows more than 8 in the household, that would be the reason. Otherwise, I would double-check the household; maybe it let you go through the adoption process but only one of the kids was actually added to the household?

Definitely keep us posted! If this is a non-modded save and you are able to get more than 8 sims in a household, it would be a bug
    Kate50391 wrote: »

My guess is the baby will be taken away or the oldest sim in the household will disappear. The latter is most likely. Happened to me. Why I got the mod that extends the limit over 8. Just in case I do over 8. Then I have a chance to move some out to a different household without losing anyone. Instantly culled *poof*
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    svitkona wrote: »

You used to have to ask @EA_Mai but now I think it is @EA_Leeloo
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • opalnoctemopalnoctem Posts: 16 Member
    I wish I'd known that unless you change it in your settings before you play, if you're using one family and then you leave and go use another family, the first family will continue to age. You have to make it so your sims don't age first. I made my family and my mom's sim died and I was so dang sad.
  • MissMeliss26MissMeliss26 Posts: 1 New Member
    The highchair tip is what I needed to hear. I started the Disney Princess challenge and getting the toddlers in and out of those chairs is driving me crazy.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Needs repeating.

If you move a family into a small house in a one area you can get your other families a free house by an existing family member clicking on the surrounding houses to move a family in. You can either choose from the Gallery or from your own My Library. It only works in their local area but the incoming Sims keep their 20 thousand simoleons. You could populate whole worlds quickly this way in each area.
  • brioniinicolebrioniinicole Posts: 3 New Member
    Well, hi! Um...i can't say i'm very new, just very shy. I had TS3 on PS in 2012, then got TS4 on Xbox a few years later. I'm JUST now joining the community and i recently started adding to the gallery. I just never knew what to say or how to share things. I'm a very behind the camera person so no broadcasting, which means I don't know how to share my things and be seen :s :s :s But I'm here now, i guess. umm I'm just getting into actual gameplay but i've been using the game as a CAD for architecture since thats what i wanted to go to school for (that and i didnt want to wait 10+ years to walk around the inside of my designs :D its so amazing for this!!) If you're in need of any building at all, please look into my gallery. Otherwise, what should i do?!?!?! I don't really know what i'm doing and a friend talked me into sharing but i don't know how to go about this. Truth be told i already have so many things built over the years, ive started off trying to post 2-3 a day to kind of catch up to current builds... Idk what im doing. I love advice!!! Thank you!!
    @brioniinicole Ahoy!

What is your name on the gallery? I'll check out your builds. :smile:

One thing I found with this game is that the building from a real-life architectural point-of-view doesn't always work for how the A.I. Sims are programed, heh heh! So I have to playtest my own builds to see if it works and ALWAYS have to tweak it here and there before I'm satisfied it's functional. For example, may have to get the kitchen sink(s) as far away as possible from the bathroom sink(s), or put in two fridges next to each-other so that two sims can grab a meal at the same time without one sim being blocked. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• brioniinicolebrioniinicole Posts: 3 New Member
    @Admiral8Q oh my goodness!! Hi and thank you so much!!! My name is the same, its just my name: brioniinicole!

I DO try to test them out first, although sometimes i just get excited and run with it anyway. I haven't figured out tags so they're all over the place! I DID place two fridges together a couple times, both for function and aesthetics! I hated sims running into each other just to get a meal from the fridge.
    Architecturally speaking, i am pretty limited but i love building close to what i can!! And then walking around!! Its so great!
    I make people and start to play, but then "I need a specific place for brunch." happens and suddenly i've built three things.
    I REALLY WISH I could see other people use my builds and see how they like them or if they really like them at all! I would be so fun to see who also really likes my brunch restaurant or see if they painted it different! I'm so curious!
  • Rach121190Rach121190 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have been playing the Sims since I was 12! (I am 29 now) and I'm always learning new things with all the games! Just experiment :)
  • NightMer1NightMer1 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! I am relatively new to the Sims4. I started playing back in April, and pretty much spend most of the time building. I have hardly played the story mode at all, come to think of it! I've always loved games that allow me to be creative, and this game has so many different modes to it that it doesn't just have to be one thing! My next goal is to learn the camera/video controls and editing so I can make my own Stories.
    NightMer1 wrote: »
    Hello! I am relatively new to the Sims4. I started playing back in April, and pretty much spend most of the time building. I have hardly played the story mode at all, come to think of it! I've always loved games that allow me to be creative, and this game has so many different modes to it that it doesn't just have to be one thing! My next goal is to learn the camera/video controls and editing so I can make my own Stories.

Ahoy!

There are 2 built-in camera modes, "Sim4" and "Sims3" in the upper right corner menu of the screen. Also a "top-view".
    Takes practice to use them since the controls are a bit different.

But for an exact screenshot, press "Tab" then move using AWSD or the arow keys. And "Q" & "E" to move up and down.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Conquerer42Conquerer42 Posts: 1 New Member
    my apologies but I am new to this forum and I'm trying to start a new message thread and im seriously brain farting on how to do so!