Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why doesnt the sims makes original storylines for console or handheld anymore?

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
The Sims 2 DS had a crazy story where you were managing a hotel with some zany guests, aliens invading, and you could become a superhero rat.

Sims2DS-HonestJacksonBrandingIron.png

The Urbz sims you were an urban sim that featured a lot of alternative clothing and lifestyles, and your job was to fufill their rep and gain access to exclusive groups and cliques.

zsK3pRJ9XI-dfiMeUdzcthMlEnUaCAKGVpEMrm6Mh8CRKv-SZ_pMgRTatxEJJo3vY327WpurXiacYxbG2crsJi6UsynxWHU

The Sims 1 gamecube had a storyline where you earn money and continually move out of houses with roommates with different stories and objectives until you reach a mansion.

There is also My Sims where you are a (mayor i think on wii? In DS you are a normal citizen) Upgrading the town.

mysims-20070918113155403.jpg?fit=bounds&width=640&height=480

Why dont the sims team have anything like this with Sims 4? Or perhaps I do and I dont know? Those games were really funny. If Sims 4 had something like this id be interested in it.
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Now i really miss My Sims 😭😭😭 such a cute innocent game and the kodomo look was perfect. It was so pure and peaceful, like animal crossing.

• RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Oh, I loved My Sims and My Sims Kingdom had them both for the Wii :smile:

Tbh on PS4 and Xbox one I preffer the game as it is now, it is finally exactly like the PC version, but for other consoles like the switch it would be fun to have something more story driven and goofy like before.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    There isn't much of a story line with the PC version either.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    a bit off topic but recently i found out that the bff household (summer, travis and liberty) in ts4 are mysims premades

but yeah the sims 1 for console is beautiful and i loved the story mode (now that i think about it i never completed it)
    sims 2 & sims 2 pets for console were pretty fun, i loved the direct control on the sims
    the urbz was fun as well but never player it very much

sorry i didn't answer your question lmao. anyways my guess on why they don't do that anymore is perhaps to have the same exact content on all platforms so it's easier for them to update or something
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    There isn't much of a story line with the PC version either.

Yeah, but the consoles all used to have a story but they stopped that habit. Sims 2 did have 2 storyline ones, Sims 2 Life Stories and Castaway

bellagoth_ wrote: »
    a bit off topic but recently i found out that the bff household (summer, travis and liberty) in ts4 are mysims premades

Oh really? Thats cool didnt realize that!

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

Oh really? Thats cool didnt realize that!

i didn't know either! the other day i was bored and searched up some premades info and found out about this. now i want to play mysims again to see if i recognize them
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Storylines were honestly the best thing about the console games. Bustin' Out will always be my favorite Sims game. I wish they had a "campaign" mode and a free mode like they did on the older ones.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I miss all those spin offs so much! They were amazing because they made something special with what they had-- Which is what I am pretty sure is the problem. They could not do a traditional Sims game on the limited console hardware, so to make them appealing and worth the money they made something special based around the console.

Since 3 they have had close to the capability to make it the same game and tried. With 4, they could do a true port rather than a completely different game. I think this was the goal from the beginning, but I personally find it disappointing. I miss my spin offs and wacky console games.