Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How the Sims 4 hinders itself by lack of customization: Slots

We need more slots for better customizations so there is no need to complain when certain items don’t look the way the creators wants it to look and doesn’t make the player fill limited.
It also gives opportunities to CC creators to use those slots without the need to have to replace a items with a different item using the same slot ( as sims haven’t create items been requested for ages that still not in the game).
CAS
We need new categories
• Body hair: in body can choose body hair and thickness and placement
• Vitiligo: in body can choose vitiligo marking and colour
• Stretchmarks: in body can add stretch marks (and back acne) for realism like with pregnant sims.
• Overcoat: to be able uses jackets and coats over different tops
• Bags: in accessories; sims carry items in their inventory in game-play so for more realism have bags as representation to where the stuff goes them (the Mary Poppins bag effect). (The bags also have duplicated in game-play and can be placed down, used as inventory)
• Scarves: in accessories
• Nails: in accessories
We need slots for subsection like:
• Baby hairs: in hairs subsection; apply baby hairs to any hair
• Hair accessories: in hairs subsection; can change the colour of hairs accessories on hair or add hairs accessory to different hairs if they don’t conflict
• Clothes logos: in clothes apply logo to t-shirt or blank spaces on clothes
• Clothes patterns: in clothes apply to any plain swatch which either changer pattern or texture or both (e.g polka dot pattern, suede texture, denim polka dots)
• Clothes details: in clothes change the detail of jacket, shirts etc separate. e.g a jacket collar and cuffs change the colour separate it from the main jacket.
(with clothes subsection of patterns,logos and details you can layer them)

What elements do you think are missing. :)

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    1) I vote no on the vitiligo. I don’t like seeing suggestions for things like this. It should not be treated as a way to make Sims more unique. It is a condition that harms people, makes them insecure, etc.

2) A baby hairs addition will only appeal to a certain demographic. It is not widely necessary and therefore the likeliness is marginal at best.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited July 2020
    I would love the option to change the colour of hair accessories and to have scarves separate to tops. I would also love coats being worn over jumpers and t-shirts. I've been after proper layering since I bought Sims 2 Seasons.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    There are some things I can agree with and others not so much.

Body hair - would be nice to be back, I know this is something many people have been asking for so who knows, it might make a come back.
    Vitiligo - I know there is already CC out there for something like this so I am not really worried about this.
    Stretchmarks - I just don't see the point in this because how often would you be able to see it with the type of clothes the sims wear?
    Overcoat - You know when you see something and you know it is never going to be made? This is sadly one of them. I would like to be able to change the colours of the coats and jackets that we already have though, I would settle for that!
    Bags - I just don't see the point in this at all. Sorry.
    Scarves & Nails - would love to see these and nails in the sims game! Have some pretty colours, different lengths and patterns! I would have a great time with something like that BUT it has to have their own slots, I don't want to see scarves with necklaces and nails in gloves!

We need slots for subsection like:
    Baby hairs - again, I just don't see the point in it
    Hair accessories - I can see this being very limited to what we can have for each hair type but again it would be nice if we can just re-colour what we already have.
    Clothes logos - I hate logos so I am not worried about this one lol.
    Clothes patterns - not to worried about this as I like what we have, it just would be nice to change the colour of things

I think my biggest bugbear is not being able to re-colour things, if I could just re-colour clothes and objects then I would be happy!
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    I don't need things like back acne in a game like The Sims.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    1) I vote no on the vitiligo. I don’t like seeing suggestions for things like this. It should not be treated as a way to make Sims more unique. It is a condition that harms people, makes them insecure, etc.
    I hate seeing it used as an accessory too. I still have flashbacks to the days of Tumblr, where it succeeded heterochromia as the new special snowflake attribute. But I don't think adding it in is inherently disrespectful. And it would allow for some customization and story potential. People with vitiligo might even appreciate the ability to make themselves, too.

My dad has vitiligo. I don't see it as an accessory, but a part of him. He doesn't hide it because he doesn't think it's bad or anything.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • S1MSLYS1S__QARDS1MSLYS1S__QARD Posts: 206 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

2) A baby hairs addition will only appeal to a certain demographic. It is not widely necessary and therefore the likeliness is marginal at best.

The Sims is a simulation games of real life and people with vitiligo exists in real life so they should be represented. It’s not about celebrating vitiligo but removing the stigma around people with vitiligo and be equally represented. If we ask for more better representation of skin-tones then we should also ask for it in all aspects

https://youtu.be/FVzcCcN38tA
    https://youtu.be/No9vi25iuU4

Having more slots doesn’t effect your gameplay or they you want to use the game but give options to those that want more customisation and it’s not a minority as these types of subjects have come up often in forums, post, YouTube and other social media so I think it’s significant amount.

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Hmm honestly im satisfied with the 'slots' the way there are now. Sims 3 with color wheel and a billion patterns was too overwhelming for me. Things like nail color is too specific, best left for like CC imo. I think having more skins is always a good idea, different types too with body freckles and things. I think a way to "stamp" them and rescale them would make it easiest
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.