The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Spark'd? No thanks!!

18910111214...Next

Comments

• garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    edited July 2020
    I believe YouTube! 11 am EST on the Multiplayer channel..
    I'm patiently waiting to watch it. I already have an (strong) opinion but I really wanna see it first.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited July 2020
    @garapoes wrote: »
    I believe YouTube! 11 am EST on the Multiplayer channel..
    I'm patiently waiting to watch it. I already have an (strong) opinion but I really wanna see it first.

Same here. I'm going to try and stay neutral. I'm curious about the set criteria and how the teams are being judged. Judging can't be easy.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Thanks for posting the show @catloverplayer, I watched it to the end. Interesting.

I'm going to rate the judges instead of the teams, @SimguruNinja, I think I will give you a ten. I new found respect for you, which I actually always liked your ideas and implementations in many of the packs I enjoyed in TS4, but I think you are the most critical thinker of the judges. Good job.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OrangeSodaSINOrangeSodaSIN Posts: 58 Member
    edited July 2020

ummm, i don't understand what simguruninja was expecting when he wanted a stronger storyline? ts4 isn't the best at that, and he helped create the game afterall, i found that totally unfair.
    i had the feeling throughout it all that the judges were being totally unfair and setting way high expectations for them for such little time. as i started above ninja seems to be kinda harsh for a game he himself created. i felt sorry for a lot of contestents some really really tried.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2020

ummm, i don't understand what simguruninja was expecting when he wanted a stronger storyline? ts4 isn't the best at that, and he helped create the game afterall, i found that totally unfair.
    i had the feeling throughout it all that the judges were being totally unfair and setting way high expectations for them for such little time. as i started above ninja seems to be kinda harsh for a game he himself created. i felt sorry for a lot of contestents some really really tried.

Perhaps they should line up teams as they should be. A builder, a story teller and a stylist who actually are known for those things. Let the actual story teller come up with a story instead of discussing what will be done, a builder build the scene I think it was unfair for someone to build a scene and someone else build an entire house when that is exactly what they do in speed builds on their channel. It was unfair to me to pit an expert builder against someone who isn't.

Another thing I thought they got totally wrong was when TeamGnome? won the challenge for a story about competing families from different neighborhoods. They won IIRC because the dad got a divorce from the mom and where was the competing other family? Just two sides of one coin in my opinion. IIRC that was the challenge to have two competing families when being a father of one isn't nor should have qualified. I think they won it unfairly since they didn't meet the requirements of the challenge. He was welcomed back into the family but he wasn't a stranger was he. See, it didn't qualify in my opinion.

ETA: And add a another member to their teams who edits Sim video, who is very good at it and can slap that stuff together in no time. We all know when we make machinima,editing is everything. The right edit at the right time can make you believe anything.

Another thing they should have done is tell them how big their story video can be? How many MBs and how many minutes. You can squeeze in a lot of story in three or four minutes of edited video. Just a deadline seems to be unfair in some repects when you don't know how long a video can last to show more of your story. Or did they know how many MBs of content and how long it should last.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    I'm so happy that I found out about this Reality Show element. I like to share stuff, and I may do things that attract attention. I can even be vocal about my opinions. However, I feel like I dodged a bullet. I'll stick to sharing things that I want to share as I normally do in the gallery.

I probably won't know any of the participants if they are YouTubers, anyways.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    I change my mind, I like the episode 2.

It's interesting, I never think about building a mine in my game, I didn't know it was possible.