Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Spark'd? No thanks!!

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Just to clear something up that @Scobre said about the virus hitting Colorado. The squirrel was tested and had bubonic plague. It has nothing to do with Covid. But don't worry, antibotics can treat that plague if anyone gets bitten by a wild animal and or their pet. And to visit your vet if your pet has fleas which can also carry the bubonic plague to humans. Those are facts. Wouldn't want anyone here to think Covid has moved into a squirrel population. Bubonic is worse than Covid btw, but it is treatable.
    Thanks and yes it is Bubonic plague with the squirrels. Poor things. But I appreciate the information on that. I asked my vet about Covid with my dog since I take her to work with me. She said it was rare, but more common with humans and cats. My kitties are indoors, so they are used to it. Swine flu does have a vaccine too. Just feels like you are dying. A student spread it to the whole university which is how I caught it and my mom caught it. I am quite impressed you know a lot about medical.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »
    @SimGuruNinja Ok a few questions for you.

1) Since HollieBB lives in Canada now, how long did you have to be there to film it?
    2) Do you think you could ask SimGuruSteve about hosting the show on Twitch with beginning commentary with you and HollieBB introducing it and then have a watch party on there?
    3) Could you clarify about the new seasons you mentioned in your interview and how it ties into the Gallery?
    4) Can we just do the Spark'd challenge and opt out for being in future seasons?

Also sorry to hear you lost a family member. That must have been really hard. I lost a friend yesterday who was living in a retirement community that covid was at. It can be hard losing people. I wish the best for you and your family to stay safe. I hope it was nice seeing HollieBB and SimGuruFrost up there. I would watch HollieBB's streams on Twitch sometimes and the number of challenges she made in a short amount of time for the community was pretty amazing.

1) We didn't film in Canada. :)
    2) I don't think we'll be allowed to do that. So sorry. :# But I'll ask. It would be super fun.
    3) Oooh challenges! More info coming very soon. o:)
    4) Of course. No one is ever going to be forced into anything or restricted from participating and joining in on the fun! This is all about bringing the community together! <3

And thanks for your well wishes. The show didn't manufacture any emotion; it always came naturally from us. It was amazing spending time with this group; some I knew and others I was less familiar with. All of them are incredibly talented and absolutely deserving to be there. I'm so excited for them.
    Thanks between that and the N.Y. Times article which was very well written, relieves a lot of worries. I like to think ahead on things which can be a blessing and a curse. I appreciate the responses. I should have just asked you earlier on Twitch. Thanks for coming on forums too. I am glad it won't be manufactured like other reality shows. I did think it was a sweet moment to see you cry. You always came off as natural on streams so was nice to see it in that moment too. Glad you enjoyed meeting them. I haven't met all of them, but been to a lot of their streams. I was so happy to see some guys like SpringSims and DrGluon on the show too. Both are nice with their streams and never understood why guys can't enjoy Sims games too. We need more guys in the community. With nifty knitting pack it was being called a female only pack so I was glad to see you in the trailer with it. Must be hard having HollieBB and SimGuruFrost in Canada, but so glad video conferencing exists to make communication easier. Why is the show called Spark'd? It makes me think of SimGuruSpark. Anyways nice reading the article seeing a wholesome approach with the show and how TBS is taking a risk trying something new too for their network. I love wholesome shows like the Great British Baking Competition. Then I realized my cooking skill level is low for all the food they create.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Why are TS3 players being excluded? I know countless talent from TS3 players as we have all the customisation tools and we deserve a chance for our talent to be shown :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Why are TS3 players being excluded? I know countless talent from TS3 players as we have all the customisation tools and we deserve a chance for our talent to be shown :(

It makes sense that they've used the current game. It also helps them advertise. You don't see esports much for past games, all companies tend to use the current ones.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

It would be interesting and I think a much bigger challenge to build something special in TS3. After all TS4 is supposed to have made building so much easier for those who never did build anything in these games. I guess it has it's merrits in that avenue of building. I know a lot of the game changers go back to playing TS3 in between packs from TS4. It would be interesting to know if some of them would have enjoyed a challenging contest TV show for TS3 rather than TS4, since so many return to it often while waiting to put something on their channels about TS4. I do like to watch when people show me how to use CFE correctly and very slowly show me frame to frame and detailed instructions for both TS2 and TS3. I can't really stand any video that speeds through the instructions. lol CFE sure did allow players to build some amazing things. Miss it for TS4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! We've removed a few posts. Please remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

/EA_Joz
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited July 2020

TS3 community can still try to do the challenge by themselves with TS3 Exchange

TS3 community can still try to do the challenge by themselves with TS3 Exchange
    I would love to see that. It would be neat to see people do the challenges with TS1 and TS2 as well. 100 baby challenge just might be more of a challenge with kids not growing up without the help of Makin' Magic with the Sims 1.
    @Camkat wrote: »

It makes sense that they've used the current game. It also helps them advertise. You don't see esports much for past games, all companies tend to use the current ones.

'Current game'

Such a shame that TS4 is still being dragged out that it is still current :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @Cinebar wrote: »

It would be interesting and I think a much bigger challenge to build something special in TS3. After all TS4 is supposed to have made building so much easier for those who never did build anything in these games. I guess it has it's merrits in that avenue of building. I know a lot of the game changers go back to playing TS3 in between packs from TS4. It would be interesting to know if some of them would have enjoyed a challenging contest TV show for TS3 rather than TS4, since so many return to it often while waiting to put something on their channels about TS4. I do like to watch when people show me how to use CFE correctly and very slowly show me frame to frame and detailed instructions for both TS2 and TS3. I can't really stand any video that speeds through the instructions. lol CFE sure did allow players to build some amazing things. Miss it for TS4.

I personally think that TS3 would be able to spark more interest due to the possibilities :smile:

Why are game changers going back to TS3 in between packs? Is it because they never got tired of TS3 and are actually tired of TS4?

If so are they only playing TS4 because it is as already said 'the current game'

Who will still go back to TS4 'in between packs' when TS5 eventually comes out?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    A lot of Game Changers don't only stream TS4. They stream other games if they know there is an audience for it. Some even stream Sims 2. I watched Kayla stream Story of Seasons yesterday because I'm thinking about getting it. She had 2400 viewers.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2020
    @Cinebar wrote: »

I personally think that TS3 would be able to spark more interest due to the possibilities :smile:

Why are game changers going back to TS3 in between packs? Is it because they never got tired of TS3 and are actually tired of TS4?

If so are they only playing TS4 because it is as already said 'the current game'

Who will still go back to TS4 'in between packs' when TS5 eventually comes out?

More money and clicks if you stream what people are interested in, I guess. But some of them have been known to say they prefer to play TS3, privately. I guess we all have our favorite. But money talks. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited July 2020
    Its all EA wants is money it's like they dont care what we want e.g they won't give us bunk beds or cars because 'the animations would be too expensive '
    and the tv show is just to get more money
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I'm not interested in this and I'm another that thinks their budget allocation is badly chosen.

On the flip side, it may accidentally highlight just how bug ridden and unfinished the game is.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Its all EA wants is money it's like they dont care what we want e.g they won't give us bunk beds or cars because 'the animations would be too expensive '
    and the tv show is just to get more money

Well they did give the mobile version bunk beds lol.
    But seriously this show probably won’t last . They sure won’t have my view .
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited July 2020
    Did you see the criteria for the winners of the challenge?
    Full out popularity contest and non-objective judging. Not in my game EA!
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Do you have a link for the information? I haven't heard about this yet.
  • OrangeSodaSINOrangeSodaSIN Posts: 58 Member
    anyone catch the episode was it as bad as i was afraid it was gonna be. it's not my cup a tea so i didn't tune in.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited July 2020
    anyone catch the episode was it as bad as i was afraid it was gonna be. it's not my cup a tea so i didn't tune in.

Yes someone spill the tea please ;)
    It hasn't aired yet.
    bixters wrote: »

Do you have a link for the information? I haven't heard about this yet.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978821/the-sims-sparkd-challenges-july-17#latest
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Since I don’t want my thoughts about the show be influenced by other people’s opinions, I would like to see the first episode and judge for myself.
    I don’t live in the US, so does it mean I have to wait until Monday and watch it on this Buzzfeed Multiplayer channel on YT? Or am I not getting it? Is it directly on Buzzfeed? All that site seems to do is try and encourage me to take a quiz so I can see how cold hearted I am. I don’t have to do a quiz for that. I know I’m cold hearted.
    So how do I get to watch Spark’d EP1 as someone dwelling on a remote Island in the Atlantic?
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I think Buzzfeed will upload it on monday.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    @garapoes wrote: »
    I think Buzzfeed will upload it on monday.

Cheers! :) And would that be on Buzzfeed YT or on the actual Buzzfeed site?