Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets disappearing after recent patch

My pets keep disappearing! One minute they are in the study of my New Crest home and the next POOF! No where to be seen, their icon is grayed out so I hover over it and they are in Ophelia Villa! This happens often. Too often.
She/Her. 👩🏻
PlayStation. 🎮
United Kingdom. 🇬🇧

Comments

• UndeadFoxUndeadFox Posts: 119 Member
    .. and are they in Ophelia Villa?
    My builds in The Gallery are under the username DeOnlyUndeadFox

forum-banner.png

My Speedbuilds:Click Here
  • MsAdri98MsAdri98 Posts: 1 New Member
    Sometimes. They go all over and I don't have Ophelia Villa in my game at all.
  • ellemargaretellemargaret Posts: 1 New Member
    Dude the same thing keeps happening to me. My pet keep glitching and then its just GONE. Under their icon it says "null". I have to load back into the lot for them to reappear.
  • YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    I remember something like that in the Sims 3 that was being caused by, of all things, a bathtub. They had to remove the bathtub from the game because it was acting like a portal to the beyond for pets.
    So the moral of the story @Yamsisims is, let your pets stay dirty and you won't loose them :p Seriously though it probably is something similar that is happening now. Can you whistle for your pets when they disappear? Or call them to eat or play with a toy?

forum-banner.png

Ha! Yeah. I remember the pets would jump in that particular tub and just vanish.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I've never checked to see where they are as it doesn't tell me 50% of the time where they even ran off to. Whistling does nothing once they're off the current lot.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    They disappeared again and this time I was able to follow them to... IX Landgraab (the Feng's apartment in San Myshuno) and there they were just sitting in the hallway of the apartments. 🐸🐸🐸🐸?
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    _natalie wrote: »
    They disappeared again and this time I was able to follow them to... IX Landgraab (the Feng's apartment in San Myshuno) and there they were just sitting in the hallway of the apartments. 🌺🌺🌺🌺?

Can you put a leash on them and drag them off home? :o
    That's what happened with the Sims 3 glitch. I finally found them halfway across the map!
    You can take them home but they disappear again moments later.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    Yikes. They really need to squash these bugs!
    If you made your lot enclosed and locked the gate to pets, would that stop them running off?

forum-banner.png

> @UndeadFox said:
    > If you made your lot enclosed and locked the gate to pets, would that stop them running off?

I don't know. Maybe someone could test that. I don't have pets in my current family.
    Yamsisims wrote: »
    > @UndeadFox said:
    > If you made your lot enclosed and locked the gate to pets, would that stop them running off?

I don't know. Maybe someone could test that. I don't have pets in my current family.

You wouldn't be able to lock them in the house because they would poop everywhere :p but maybe locking them in to the garden would help, that was my thought.

forum-banner.png

They are not running off - they are just disappearing.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • SimmerOfAgesSimmerOfAges Posts: 97 Member
    Natalie, same. I got around it by going somewhere else and bringing them with me. I thought it might be them running away, but I never got a notifications, so I wasn't sure. I whistle and the action doesn't get queued up. I haven't tried calling them to a meal, though. They're grayed out like Natalie says but I can't see where they are. I did notice, however, that when my cat disappeared he looked like he was climbing under the bed... I looked under ther but he wasn't there. I believe it was the cheapest double bed. The one that makes you have the sore back all the time. The second time I didn't see him... :/ I hope we can figure this out.
    My gallery ID is BrynnasaurousRex, as is my YouTube channel
  • SimmerOfAgesSimmerOfAges Posts: 97 Member
    Has anyone reported this glitch @_natalie ?
    My gallery ID is BrynnasaurousRex, as is my YouTube channel
    edited June 2020
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • ShiftclickShiftclick Posts: 20 Member
    After the June update, my cat would disappear, same thing as what others have posted, I noticed it happens after I lecture them. Today I had to lecture the cat 5 or 6 times about jumping on counters, when he finally learned not to, poof he was gone. For about 5 sims days he stayed around, I never traveled with him as I had done in previous games. This game was a fresh start after uninstalling game and downloading, no mods or cc in game. Also noticed after the 6/20 update that my basil and sage will grow, once I harvest the grown plant it disappears and just the leaf that you plant is there? Again, no mods or cc.
    @Shiftclick This is the console section. We are unable to utilise mods or cc, so it is a problem with the games coding and recent updates.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • LoalihLoalih Posts: 1 New Member
    This is happening with my cats too. Nothing works to get them to stay, the moment you stop constantly engaging them they disappear and you can't call for them. If I travel away and return home they return but up and disappear soon after once again.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    _natalie wrote: »
    My pets keep disappearing! One minute they are in the study of my New Crest home and the next POOF! No where to be seen, their icon is grayed out so I hover over it and they are in Ophelia Villa! This happens often. Too often.

That happens to me to once it was 702 zenveiw apartments
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • LanaELanaE Posts: 1 New Member
    This has happened to me pretty consistently since June during an update. Dogs, cats, does not matter. They are there for about a day and then start disappearing. They are there one minute on the couch and then they are greyed out, the whistle icon does not work to return them home either. I have to exit to the main menu and re enter the lot, but even doing that they disappear again a few minutes later. It is beyond irritating and I can't seem to pinpoint it to a particular point on the lot.
  • maestress_luna20maestress_luna20 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Yamsisims;c-17533139"]I remember something like that in the Sims 3 that was being caused by, of all things, a bathtub. They had to remove the bathtub from the game because it was acting like a portal to the beyond for pets.[/quote]

Same. It's so weird.