Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Matching themes, styles and colors for furniture?

duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
edited July 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I'm not quite sure if I'm in the right spot or not, but I'd like to do as, I'm sure, many others have; and suggest...possibly even plead to the sims team(s) for furniture that has matching themes, styles and colors! Its so frustrating as a builder/designer loving simmer to build a bathroom and find matching equipment...until you get to toilets...then find that not a single one matches even the COLOR of the stuff you've picked, let alone the style and/or theme. Find a couch you love for the living area? Sorry! There are no matching arm chairs or sofas! Its like... I find this great mid-modern couch in daisy yellow and the only daisy yellow arm chairs are Victorian or Queen Anne style. Or I find a great mid century modern arm chair but it doesn't come in daisy yellow like the matching couch... it only comes in neon yellow or orange or mustard. I could go on but these inconsistencies come in nearly every single room of the home. Kitchen...good luck finding counters that match stoves...Stoves? Who needs matching fridges... Even the Schmapple set.. There are colors in some items that do NOT exist for any of the other parts of the Schmapple set. Then finding counters to match? Good luck! and don't even get me started on bathroom and kitchen tile... there's NEVER a matching floor for the wall tile.

TlDr: I love that the Sims team(s) are working hard to give us more choices and many of them are quite lovely. I just wish that the sets were complete so that my sims could have color/theme/style coordinated homes.
Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.

Comments

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    This drives me nuts too! There are some matching things, but usually the stuff I pick or want to pick doesn't have much to match it. :/ Toilets especially annoy me.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Thats true! And it is a really frustrating thing when you are a console player (as me) because there is no possibility to download any CC. Honestly I really like objects design but small choice of colors and not matching swatches really limits my items selection. I do not need color wheel. I just need more matching swatches. Really it will be enough. I'm sick of using same sofa, lamp or inverted cabinets all the time.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yes, i am starting to get frustrated and i am someone who is not even into building or decorating!! All my houses are a mess in every sims game and i dont try to work very hard on that aspect but the only thing i try to do is matching colors and that does not seem to be very easy to do currently. I am kinda starting to consider learning how to color items myself so that i can match whatever pieces of furniture i want.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Yup, this annoys me a lot too!

These days, I quite like using a variety of colours so long as the furniture style matches. For example, my Tiny Home build:
    9TRu3GQ.png

But then you have a set of furniture that is supposed to match, but doesn't look like it's part of the same set:
    sjeOGGX.png
    Z3d5kOw.png

Also, they added two swatches to this base game sofa, this green and an orange colour which has a fabric texture, but they forgot to include the same swatches for the armchair.

The most frustrating thing I find when I'm building, is matching wood tones. I don't understand why they use completely different wood swatches for certain packs (looking at you Cats & Dogs) when it would be so much easier to have the same wood tones across all the packs.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    and don't even get me started on bathroom and kitchen tile... there's NEVER a matching floor for the wall tile..
    In city living there is

Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    That’s so true!! A recent example is the bathroom objects in Eco Liftstyle, there’s a sink, a bathtub and a toilet that match. Oh, you wanted a shower instead ? Too bad, there isn’t one that matches.

Also tiles, the Jungle Adventures walls, If I’m not mistaken, don’t have matching floor tiles.

They added black and white swatches to doors, that was great, now it would be nice to do the same for windows.

About swatches, I’m always surprised to see some swatches nobody is likely to really use, while basic ones are lacking. That Get famous closet set for instance would have been more useful with plain black and white swatches.

And don’t even start me on the Parenthood kitchen counters and furniture swatches (improbable colors, not a real white....) and the poopy wood tones......
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Tell me about it! This drives me crazy every plum time :#
    I know there are a lot of people who don't want the colour wheel back but at least with it I could make everything match!!!
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    @PlanetSixam Thats why I've started to use Boho style.

107584149_3110374009083863_4530068503568795587_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=07e735&_nc_ohc=jpEBfVnpdTwAX_hU6Ng&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1.xx&oh=8438a4a339639cdf413b4e4cc42e75ef&oe=5F36CE63
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    @Sthenastia It looks great! :blush:
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited July 2020
    Here's another thing that bugs me, this basic backyard fence I use often, it doesn't have a matching door, and the closest looking one doesn't have a white swatch.Same with that door and these round windows that don't have a matching white swatch.

rHT4v6e.png
    JANl35k.png

And here are my issues with counters (who's ever gonna use orange or yellow countertops ?! Why, oh why does the JA counter white swatch have brown drawer handles ??)

bWO48fP.png

The sink texture and color here don’t match the countertops.

wBEjZ26.png

These counters have plenty of swatches, I just wouldn't mind a black counter with a white countertop.

4mql3ve.png

On the left is the Get Famous dresser, on the right is a cc white one, which makes it much more usable in my opinion (it also has plain wood swatches).
    emm17I4.png
    Post edited by Dianesims on