Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Community Voted Stuff Pack Deep Dive: Knitting!

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Looks like I made it back into the Sims just in time -- can't wait for this pack! Even though I'm a crocheter, not a knitter (I shouldn't be trusted with sharp objects), this is going to be a great pack. Love the rocking chairs and the cats interacting with the basket...and children can knit too!
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    > @lindalane said:
    > Thanks for the update, the pack is looking really good. I'm wondering if it will be possible to sell the finished knitting projects in the vendor/yard sale table? Because selling them only online feels kind of impersonal and not really gameplay. It would be more interesting for me to go out into the marketplace and work hard at trying to sell our wares, like we can with the flowers and candles crafted by our sims, even if it's just a square package with a picture of a sock on it. Just my two cents.

Interesting question. I assume some knitted objects/ toys may be sellable through the vendor table, at least. Not sure about socks and other CAS items...It would definitely be a nice addition. :)

If you have GTW, maybe they could be sold in a shop? Not sure how you'd add them to a mannequin, or if you could put them on one of the pedestals.

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    @SimGuruConor Will the cats in the game want to try to play with the yarn while a sim is knitting? I see the cat playing with a skein of wool will they be able to get tangled up in a skein like in real life?
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    @SimGuruConor Will the cats in the game want to try to play with the yarn while a sim is knitting? I see the cat playing with a skein of wool will they be able to get tangled up in a skein like in real life?

I would love that
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • RapunzelblondeRapunzelblonde Posts: 51 Member
    I am so excited for this stuff pack!! Will download immediately.
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    This pack looks so cool! When is it coming out? Maybe that hasn't been announced yet.
    4kkjdXo.png

• SarahLou372SarahLou372 Posts: 112 Member
    This is one awesome idea and exciting pack! 😆😆

I love the idea of Sims being able to knit, making clothes for babies, this would be amazing since now the wear the green or yellow all in one best type thingy 😂

So will this be a new skill they can build?? Will there been new jobs or shops in expansion packs like get to work????..... And also cats can play with the wool, might even be amazing to knit pet wear too! Just a dreamy thought.

I love the stuff packs they add so much little detail makes the Sims homey 😊😊😊💙💚
    ...**~ThePinkPlumbob~**...
    50098910897_98e2501452_o.jpg
    No new venue, but if you have GTW you might be able to set up a shop. And you can sell the items (and I believe other items) on "Plopsy" which is the Sims version of Etsy. :)
  • YouYou Posts: 123 Member
    I can't imagine that I'm going to use this a lot in my game, but looks pretty promising nonetheless!
    I'm you.
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    Very Exciting, not a pack i was in desperate need for, at least i didn't think so until now!
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
    Does anyone know the release date yet??
  • lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    When's this pack coming out!!!
  • Nooboo_GirlNooboo_Girl Posts: 15 Member
    I cannot wait for this pack...did i see an eta anywhere? (so many messages lol)
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    lana44 wrote: »
    When's this pack coming out!!!

"The Sims 4: Nifty Knitting Stuff is the upcoming seventeenth stuff pack for The Sims 4. It marks the introduction of knitting to The Sims series as well as the return of the rocking chair. It is expected to be released in 2020, however no release date has been announced"
    The above is from sims wiki
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • MarisSimsMarisSims Posts: 17 Member
    I'm excited for this pack! I'm a bit of a lazy knitter myself (takes me forever to finish a project).
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Trailer is out tomorrow at 8am pt :)
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    > @lindalane said:
    > Thanks for the update, the pack is looking really good. I'm wondering if it will be possible to sell the finished knitting projects in the vendor/yard sale table? Because selling them only online feels kind of impersonal and not really gameplay. It would be more interesting for me to go out into the marketplace and work hard at trying to sell our wares, like we can with the flowers and candles crafted by our sims, even if it's just a square package with a picture of a sock on it. Just my two cents.

Interesting question. I assume some knitted objects/ toys may be sellable through the vendor table, at least. Not sure about socks and other CAS items...It would definitely be a nice addition. :)

If you have GTW, maybe they could be sold in a shop? Not sure how you'd add them to a mannequin, or if you could put them on one of the pedestals.

Probably have to level up and add them to CAS like one of the gurus mentioned. Then from CAS add the clothes. Probably can add the other stuff to the pedestals or shelves.
    Anyone know if the tralier is avalible yet?
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    The trailer was awesome! And, I can't wait to be one step closer into being broke :D .
  • TheLimonArtTheLimonArt Posts: 17 Member
    I like that kids can knit too! It's really cool! B)
    Does anyone know if adults can swing in a chair with a toddler in their arms?????
  • TortillaCornTortillaCorn Posts: 8 New Member
    Ok I’m not to excited for this stuff pack because there doesn’t seem to be any duller swatches but I’m hoping they are in the game they just weren’t shown in the trailer
    > @TortillaCorn said:
    > Ok I’m not to excited for this stuff pack because there doesn’t seem to be any duller swatches but I’m hoping they are in the game they just weren’t shown in the trailer

I also hope for some pleasant surprise from the developers!
  • TortillaCornTortillaCorn Posts: 8 New Member
    @TheLimonArt they always do
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited July 2020
    One of my Worlds is definitely going to have a Community lot marketplace so I can sell off my knits!

I can see why it has its' place in the series of packs. It comes naturally after Eco Lifestyle......Marketplace – 'A community market where crafters and makers can sell their wares and shoppers can browse them.' It'll probably be made easier in shops in GTW too.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top