Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Jen411371__Jen411371__ Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome @rosemow! I'm so glad to have found the forum, or rather, realised that it was here! I used the sims 3 forums a lot so i have no idea why ive only just thought about coming here! I've spent today building a wedding venue inspired by the place i got married at last year - a lovely nostalgic day <3 Hope your day has been equally nice 😊
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome @rosemow! I'm so glad to have found the forum, or rather, realised that it was here! I used the sims 3 forums a lot so i have no idea why ive only just thought about coming here! I've spent today building a wedding venue inspired by the place i got married at last year - a lovely nostalgic day <3 Hope your day has been equally nice 😊

You’re welcome @Jen411371__ :) Congratulations on getting married last year! <3 It is very lovely and special that you have made a sims game version of your wedding venue <3
  • TheLimonArtTheLimonArt Posts: 17 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hello @TheLimonArt :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is very nice that you have been simming for many years. You would have been enjoying building many homes and community lots over the time and seeing your sims living in them or enjoying visiting them. Building is a special part of simming! It is a great way of expressing our creativity through the game! I hope the video you are making
    > Happy simming and building! :)

Thank you for the warm welcome! I hope I`m to be useful and interesting for the community!
    > @rosemow said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hello @TheLimonArt :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is very nice that you have been simming for many years. You would have been enjoying building many homes and community lots over the time and seeing your sims living in them or enjoying visiting them. Building is a special part of simming! It is a great way of expressing our creativity through the game! I hope the video you are making
    > Happy simming and building! :)

Thank you for the warm welcome! I hope I`m to be useful and interesting for the community!

You’re welcome :)
  • SerenityVIIISerenityVIII Posts: 32 Member
    Dag Dag Simmers! I am SerenityVIII and have been playing The Sims 4 on and off for about 4 years now. I currently have all the Expansions, Game Packs and Stuff Packs except for Vampires and Realm of Magic. I am a rarity I think as I play with not only Nannies, but Butlers and the highchairs lol with autonomy on with all played Sims.

My game play is without mods or cc and without game play cheats unless it is to bypass a game bug or to test something. The move object build cheat is used frequently, but have played and built without it. I enjoy the creative process of building a house for my Sims and usually with whatever Simoleans they are given at the start, then renovate it as they earn more.

I am new to sharing my builds to the Gallery but would love any feedback so my skills can improve, as there is still a lot to learn. I build houses for my own Sims to play in so I tend to prioritize functionality over cosmetics. My Gallery uploads are typically modified versions of what my own Sims have played in. You can follow me on the Gallery – SerenityVIII :)
    Dag Dag Simmers! I am SerenityVIII and have been playing The Sims 4 on and off for about 4 years now. I currently have all the Expansions, Game Packs and Stuff Packs except for Vampires and Realm of Magic. I am a rarity I think as I play with not only Nannies, but Butlers and the highchairs lol with autonomy on with all played Sims.

My game play is without mods or cc and without game play cheats unless it is to bypass a game bug or to test something. The move object build cheat is used frequently, but have played and built without it. I enjoy the creative process of building a house for my Sims and usually with whatever Simoleans they are given at the start, then renovate it as they earn more.

I am new to sharing my builds to the Gallery but would love any feedback so my skills can improve, as there is still a lot to learn. I build houses for my own Sims to play in so I tend to prioritize functionality over cosmetics. My Gallery uploads are typically modified versions of what my own Sims have played in. You can follow me on the Gallery – SerenityVIII :)

Hello @SerenityVIII :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is great that you have been playing the Sims 4 for four years, and that you own all the packs except for two. The packs add many great features, special activities, worlds, themes, venues and many very nice and great build mode and cas items to the game! It is very nice that you have nannies, butters for Sims families, and use the high chair.
    Moo is a very helpful build tool cheat to use. It is great that you enjoy expressing your creativity through your builds. Building is enjoyable and fun! It is very special seeing our sims enjoying living in the homes that we have built and furnished :)
    Happy simming! :)
  • PerfectlyPiper13PerfectlyPiper13 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! :smile: I am a Sims 3 lover more than Sims 4, and any advice on how to remove ALL of my custom content would be great. When I open my launcher I cannot see the downloaded or installed content, and therefore do not know where to find it in my files. In the simplest form possible (I'm not very good with computer jargon), could somebody please explain how I could do a complete clean sweep of all of my CC? Thank you!
    Hello! :smile: I am a Sims 3 lover more than Sims 4, and any advice on how to remove ALL of my custom content would be great. When I open my launcher I cannot see the downloaded or installed content, and therefore do not know where to find it in my files. In the simplest form possible (I'm not very good with computer jargon), could somebody please explain how I could do a complete clean sweep of all of my CC? Thank you!

Hello @PerfectlyPiper13 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It would be best to post about your issue on this thread for Sims 3 game issues where simmers who are new members are able to post , as they can't start new threads,
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976212/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues-2020-version/p1?new=1
  • AsheyyyAsheyyy Posts: 3 New Member
    Heyo! I started playing about 2018, but on one of my moms boyfriends computers, and then he decided to be a bit more than a jerk, which lead me to withdraw from the sims until March of this year, when I took my power back! Anyways, I am pretty new, I only played on sims 3 before, but I feel like I’m starting to get a hang of it! I am on PS4 (no CC for me haha) and plan on eventually getting all the packs, but for now I have Perfect Patio, Island Living, Fitness, and Get famous!
    I would like to know, what’s the best, most useful expansion pack (In your opinion) and why? I’ve heard a lot of get to work, but I dunno how good it really is. I just want another opinion!
    edited July 2020
    Asheyyy wrote: »
    Heyo! I started playing about 2018, but on one of my moms boyfriends computers, and then he decided to be a bit more than a 🌺🌺🌺🌺, which lead me to withdraw from the sims until March of this year, when I took my power back! Anyways, I am pretty new, I only played on sims 3 before, but I feel like I’m starting to get a hang of it! I am on PS4 (no CC for me haha) and plan on eventually getting all the packs, but for now I have Perfect Patio, Island Living, Fitness, and Get famous!
    I would like to know, what’s the best, most useful expansion pack (In your opinion) and why? I’ve heard a lot of get to work, but I dunno how good it really is. I just want another opinion!

Hello @Asheyyy :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been back simming since March this year. I hope that you will soon be able to get some more packs
    This link thread may help you choose what packs may suit you
    https://simscommunity.info/2020/04/24/the-ultimate-guide-what-pack-for-the-sims-4-should-i-get/
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • B3LL4PB3LL4P Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! My name is Isabella (Bella) and I have just now joined the Sims 4 community back in April, even though I played back in 2019 through some demos. I have been playing the sims freeplay ever since 2010. Of course id not the same, but I loved that game so much! I didn't have a lot of money so I couldn't buy any other sims games, and I also didn't know they existed (haha) but I recently got the sims 4 (april) and I currently have 2 EPs that friends recommended to me (Island Living and Cats and Dogs) and for y birthday I got money so I'm buying City Living. Happy simming and thank you for this thread. :smile:
    B3LL4P wrote: »
    Hi! My name is Isabella (Bella) and I have just now joined the Sims 4 community back in April, even though I played back in 2019 through some demos. I have been playing the sims freeplay ever since 2010. Of course id not the same, but I loved that game so much! I didn't have a lot of money so I couldn't buy any other sims games, and I also didn't know they existed (haha) but I recently got the sims 4 (april) and I currently have 2 EPs that friends recommended to me (Island Living and Cats and Dogs) and for y birthday I got money so I'm buying City Living. Happy simming and thank you for this thread. :smile:

Hello @B3LL4P :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been enjoying playing Sims Freeplay since 2010, and are now also playing Sims 4. The 2 EP packs that you own are great! Cats and dogs in the Sims are very cute! It is great that you are planning to get City Living! It is nice having our sims living in apartments and visiting festivals.
  • IcyHeartAngelIcyHeartAngel Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi, I've had this account for 5 years but never used it as such cos i was a kid back then and didn't get how forums work and stuff lol. i currently have to post on threads so i can earn 25 points so that i can PLEASE change this God forsaken profile pic (also i need to change it to my sim cos using a personal pic is against the rules but what'd ik back then). it's awful (used to aesthetic ig pics so looking at a selfie from more than 5 yrs ago is giving me ptsd) and my apologies for the rant.
    edited July 2020
    Hi, I've had this account for 5 years but never used it as such cos i was a kid back then and didn't get how forums work and stuff lol. i currently have to post on threads so i can earn 25 points so that i can PLEASE change this God forsaken profile pic (also i need to change it to my sim cos using a personal pic is against the rules but what'd ik back then). it's awful (used to aesthetic ig pics so looking at a selfie from more than 5 yrs ago is giving me ptsd) and my apologies for the rant.

Hello @IcyHeartAngel :) It is nice to meet you.
    As you post on threads, you will soon get the required posts and points needed to become a full member. You already have the required points, so just need to post some more.
    I hope you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on the threads, and find great gameplay ideas!
  • hilariteehilaritee Posts: 9 New Member
    Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster. You can find me in the gallery as hilaritee48449. I couldn't figure out how to connect that here. I've been playing since Sims 1. I'm an old-timer. I enjoy basically all parts of the Sims. It's what I do in my downtime. I like to build and I've played along with the build n share challenges over the years, but I've never officially participated. With the new Spark'd challenges and seeing some of the other builds, I thought I'd go ahead and do more sharing of my builds and get feedback as well as viewing more of other people's work. I hadn't done a lot of that before. I don't watch much online video, so I haven't spent much time watching all of the build YouTube videos. I'm a casual player in that I haven't done any of the community stuff, I mostly just play. I don't use any custom content. I use minimal cheats. I am working on my own World Template with my own created people and stories and builds all within it, but also room for me to play it in different ways over time. I'd like to eventually make it available for other players if there's interest. I am working on building out all of the newer worlds now. I have all the packs and like to use them. I play test my builds and try to make them fun but functional and actually playable. I've downloaded some cool builds from the gallery before but they weren't very realistic to actually be able to play in. I'm hoping to get enough points to enter the current build n share challenge since I actually finished before the deadline this time!
    edited July 2020
    hilaritee wrote: »
    Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster. You can find me in the gallery as hilaritee48449. I couldn't figure out how to connect that here. I've been playing since Sims 1. I'm an old-timer. I enjoy basically all parts of the Sims. It's what I do in my downtime. I like to build and I've played along with the build n share challenges over the years, but I've never officially participated. With the new Spark'd challenges and seeing some of the other builds, I thought I'd go ahead and do more sharing of my builds and get feedback as well as viewing more of other people's work. I hadn't done a lot of that before. I don't watch much online video, so I haven't spent much time watching all of the build YouTube videos. I'm a casual player in that I haven't done any of the community stuff, I mostly just play. I don't use any custom content. I use minimal cheats. I am working on my own World Template with my own created people and stories and builds all within it, but also room for me to play it in different ways over time. I'd like to eventually make it available for other players if there's interest. I am working on building out all of the newer worlds now. I have all the packs and like to use them. I play test my builds and try to make them fun but functional and actually playable. I've downloaded some cool builds from the gallery before but they weren't very realistic to actually be able to play in. I'm hoping to get enough points to enter the current build n share challenge since I actually finished before the deadline this time!

Hello @hilaritee :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming since Sims 1. You would have many special memories of fun times spent simming over the years <3
    It is very nice that you enjoy building :) Building is a great part of simming and a very special way of expressing our creativity through the game! It is very nice that you are sharing your builds with the simming community through the Gallery :) Simmers will enjoy having your creations in their games. It is lovely that you are working on your own world, containing all your creations! It would be a very special world! It is great that you own all the packs and enjoy using the items that come with them.
    You can still enter the challenge if you don’t get the points/posts as other simmers will help you, and post the link and thread photos for you,
    This is a link to your Gallery studio
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=hilaritee48449&max=50&maxis=false
  • boybaby98boybaby98 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello everyone!
    I am a new person. Very happy to join this forum. Looking forward to receiving the help of everyone.
    Thank you everyone for reading!
    boybaby98 wrote: »
    Hello everyone!
    I am a new person. Very happy to join this forum. Looking forward to receiving the help of everyone.
    Thank you everyone for reading!

Hello @boybaby98 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the threads, and enjoy posting about what is happening in your game.
  • undenvableundenvable Posts: 13 New Member
    Hii i'm new to the forums but not new to the game :) my father introduced me to the sims when i was in elementary school so i guess you could say I grew up playing the sims? but yeah anyway i hope that i can be more active on the forums since i've figured out how forums finally work and have definitely grown to the point where I can use them!
    undenvable wrote: »
    Hii i'm new to the forums but not new to the game :) my father introduced me to the sims when i was in elementary school so i guess you could say I grew up playing the sims? but yeah anyway i hope that i can be more active on the forums since i've figured out how forums finally work and have definitely grown to the point where I can use them!

Hello @undenvable :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very special that your Dad introduced you to simming when you were a child, and that simming has been a part of your life as you were growing up <3 You would have many special memories of fun times spent simming over the years :) Simming is fun!
  • opalnoctemopalnoctem Posts: 16 Member
    Hi everyone, very new obviously, haha. I'm honestly just here because I'm desperately looking for the answer to one question: can you get a sim with human skin and alien eyes? I'm a writer and streamer and I need to make a particular looking sim for a storyline my subs want me to do. I love playing the sim in general, and my favorite part of it is the character creator. I don't have a lot of packs, but there are a lot of cool ones I hope to get, like the vampire pack and the island one (I want mermaids! haha). Designing houses is tons of fun. I've maxed out my favorite sims in their careers and aspirations so now for me it's just about being creative and trying new careers and challenges. I hope that being here will help me get more ideas. Thanks!
    opalnoctem wrote: »
    Hi everyone, very new obviously, haha. I'm honestly just here because I'm desperately looking for the answer to one question: can you get a sim with human skin and alien eyes? I'm a writer and streamer and I need to make a particular looking sim for a storyline my subs want me to do. I love playing the sim in general, and my favorite part of it is the character creator. I don't have a lot of packs, but there are a lot of cool ones I hope to get, like the vampire pack and the island one (I want mermaids! haha). Designing houses is tons of fun. I've maxed out my favorite sims in their careers and aspirations so now for me it's just about being creative and trying new careers and challenges. I hope that being here will help me get more ideas. Thanks!

Hello @opalnoctem :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you are a writer and streamer :) Simmers would enjoy reading what you wrote and watching your simming videos. Creating sims and designing homes are very special parts of simming! They are very enjoyable ways of expressing our creativity through the game!
    I hope you will soon be able to get the packs you would like to have in your game!
    When you are a full member, you could start a new thread in the Packs section of the forums, and ask your questions there
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ts4-pack-discussions
    You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then change your profile picture , post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly, and have quotes appear in grey boxes ,This thread explains about it.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978073/new-members-guide-welcome-to-the-forums#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.

• mingusssssmingusssss Posts: 131 Member
    Hello everyone. I used to love ts2 as a child and recently, during quarantine, I started playing ts4 and it has brought me so much happiness and made this time so much more bearable for me. I really love the game and would love to be more active in this community. I love doing legacy challenges and reading you guys' challenges on here, I recently started the Get Famous extreme version and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I also love building, especially tiny homes, but somehow I never feel like building community lots and end up browsing the gallery for those.
    mingusssss wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I used to love ts2 as a child and recently, during quarantine, I started playing ts4 and it has brought me so much happiness and made this time so much more bearable for me. I really love the game and would love to be more active in this community. I love doing legacy challenges and reading you guys' challenges on here, I recently started the Get Famous extreme version and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I also love building, especially tiny homes, but somehow I never feel like building community lots and end up browsing the gallery for those.

Hello @mingusssss :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you played a Sims 2 when a child. and now after a break you are back simming again and enjoying playing Sims 4 :) Simming has helped and provided much enjoyment for many simmers as they have gone or are going through the quarantine time.
    Legacy challenges are great! It is lovely seeing the new generations and watching them as go through the different age stages. I hope your current challenge continues to go well.
    It is great that you enjoy building homes :) It is very nice that we can enjoy building a variety of different styled homes in the game, and enjoy working out the color schemes, and furnishings.
  • VampiresOfAcrimonyVampiresOfAcrimony Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi!
    I've owned the Sims 3 and the Sims 4 for quite a few years now, and I figured that I might as well finally get involved in the forums! From what I've seen of the community, it's a really wholesome and I think I'd really enjoy communicating and talking with everyone else who enjoys the game just as much as I do.
    While I do enjoy just messing around in the Sims, I've been starting to do a lot of challenges since things can get pretty monotonous pretty quickly! I have a legacy challenge in the Sims 3 that I'm well over halfway through, but it'll probably take me a while to complete since I tend to play the Sims in little bursts. I'm sure I'll get done with it one day!
    I'm someone who loves to make intricate backstories and basically rebuild towns to play in. I'm decent at building, but I'd much prefer making sims, personally.
    Overall, I'm really excited to be on the forums finally :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top